Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 28, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #4,636 of 62,387
Could anyone compare the MW07 with Jaybird X3? The X3 is my current "do stuff" earphone and I have been thinking of upgrading to true wireless.
But I can't justify the price increase to 3x if they don't sound better.

I do have the ES100 but thats more convenience at home rather than activities. (still has cables)

I have both the X3 and MW07 and I also agree that there is no competition. The X3 do go loud and have strong bass, but the bass isn’t as good quality and bleeds into the mids quite badly. They also sound quite muffled/veiled in comparison to the MW07. Seriously, try the MW07, you’ll discover a new love for your music.

Jan 28, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #4,637 of 62,387
I have both the X3 and MW07 and I also agree that there is no competition. The X3 do go loud and have strong bass, but the bass isn’t as good quality and bleeds into the mids quite badly. They also sound quite muffled/veiled in comparison to the MW07. Seriously, try the MW07, you’ll discover a new love for your music.
Completely agree. The MW07 is in a completely different class and there is no competition. I also have the X3, and while it's good for what it is, I don't grab it for listening sessions. They were my old gym earbuds and I still use them occasionally, but the quality of the TWEs out now relegate them to the back of my collection. I've been completely spoiled by no wires that I don't think I can ever go back.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #4,638 of 62,387
Just got the Mavin Air-X and listened for about 2hrs. Man they sound great! The sound stage is truely 3D with quite a depth. They're very neutral tuning and faithful representation, reminding of Audio Technica Ath-E70 paired with my LG V30, with a tad less bass. For sound quality I'll put them ahead of earin M2, and very close to MW07. The studio monitor style signature may turn someone off, though, as I wish they can add a little bit juice in bass. M2, on the other hand, are slightly bright and more pleasant in mids. I still think M2 are the best on-the-go, giving me a relaxed music background when I need to focus on other stuff like workout, study, shopping, etc.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #4,639 of 62,387
Just got the Mavin Air-X and listened for about 2hrs. Man they sound great! The sound stage is truely 3D with quite a depth. They're very neutral tuning and faithful representation, reminding of Audio Technica Ath-E70 paired with my LG V30, with a tad less bass. For sound quality I'll put them ahead of earin M2, and very close to MW07. The studio monitor style signature may turn someone off, though, as I wish they can add a little bit juice in bass.

have you tried them with foam tips? A little more bass then. Waiting for some spinfits just to see what the hype is, may try them on the mavin.

My lg g7 defaults to aac over apt-x, is it the same issue on lg v30?

Jan 28, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #4,640 of 62,387
have you tried them with foam tips? A little more bass then. Waiting for some spinfits just to see what the hype is, may try them on the mavin.

My lg g7 defaults to aac over apt-x, is it the same issue on lg v30?
I'm still using the stock silicone tips. I don't have very good experience with foam tips, so I don't bother to try.
Yes they default to AAC in my LG V30. But I can not tell any difference switching to AptX, and the button controls still work, unlike M2.

Jan 28, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #4,641 of 62,387
Sheer impact, the MTW win. Very forward and aggressive sound signature. Reminds me of being in a club.

As far as frequency response, rtings.com has some measurements that seem to jive with what I hear (low treble region and classic 10ish kHz spike). You can EQ with the app, but it's the cheesy dot EQ, so when you're adjusting one area, you lose another. Better off using the EQ in Spotify for strictly music, but on the flip-side, the settings aren't saved in the earbuds themselves. All-in-all, they are a warm earbud with some added push in the sibilance region.

Hmmmm. Very interesting. I like aggressive sound, I admit.

Still, doubt I'll snag 'em. The MW07 have been treating me well and honestly it's just battery that irks. No sense in changing pants mid-crap when the sound is as great as it is.

Jan 28, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #4,642 of 62,387
Could anyone compare the MW07 with Jaybird X3? The X3 is my current "do stuff" earphone and I have been thinking of upgrading to true wireless.
But I can't justify the price increase to 3x if they don't sound better.

I do have the ES100 but thats more convenience at home rather than activities. (still has cables)
IMHO the sabbat X12 pro, which cost about $45, beat X3 handily in terms of SQ. If you prefer insertion style, Sabbat E12 may be another good option, although I heard that they have different sound signature. As for MW07 - no comparison.

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #4,643 of 62,387
Just got the Mavin Air-X and listened for about 2hrs. Man they sound great! The sound stage is truely 3D with quite a depth. They're very neutral tuning and faithful representation, reminding of Audio Technica Ath-E70 paired with my LG V30, with a tad less bass. For sound quality I'll put them ahead of earin M2, and very close to MW07. The studio monitor style signature may turn someone off, though, as I wish they can add a little bit juice in bass. M2, on the other hand, are slightly bright and more pleasant in mids. I still think M2 are the best on-the-go, giving me a relaxed music background when I need to focus on other stuff like workout, study, shopping, etc.
Whats the size difference between the M2 and the marvin and which has better connection? Thanks!

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #4,644 of 62,387
Whats the size difference between the M2 and the marvin and which has better connection? Thanks!
The M2 are smaller and more comfortable. After 2hrs of listening, my ears are feeling a bit pain now where they touch the Air-X's body, which never happened in M2. It's still early with air-X, though, and I may do some tip rolling and add the stabilizer to see if they can be more comfortable. I don't have any dropout in air-X so far. In my case, air-X are definitely better for connection.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #4,645 of 62,387
Air-X have a much longer connection range over the M2 - don't they claim 100m? The battery life is also insanely good.

I'd like to try them even though I'm unsure about the comfort aspect. I prefer a neutral sound which I can EQ to my liking.

Unfortunately, I don't think any style of TW will be as comfortable as the M2s style for my ears.

@howdy Did you try the M2 / Air-X with any different tips like the spinfit cp100??

Is the Air-X case pocketable/durable? How secure is the Air-X for the gym / running?

Jan 28, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #4,646 of 62,387
Air-X have a much longer connection range over the M2 - don't they claim 100m? The battery life is also insanely good.

I'd like to try them even though I'm unsure about the comfort aspect. I prefer a neutral sound which I can EQ to my liking.

Unfortunately, I don't think any style of TW will be as comfortable as the M2s style for my ears.

@howdy Did you try the M2 / Air-X with any different tips like the spinfit cp100??

Is the Air-X case pocketable/durable? How secure is the Air-X for the gym / running?
I sold my Jaybird Runs and B&O E8 and I was looking at getting the M2 but now I see the Marvins might be a good one as well. This would be primarily for the gym and when ever I might sweet a lot. I have the Senns and MW07 for other listening.

Jan 28, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #4,647 of 62,387
In the interest of science, I tried out the Skullcandy Push.

tl;dr they're everything I thought they'd be from Skullcandy. Cheap feeling, bad fit, weak sound.

Jan 28, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #4,648 of 62,387
Jan 28, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #4,649 of 62,387
In the interest of science, I tried out the Skullcandy Push.

tl;dr they're everything I thought they'd be from Skullcandy. Cheap feeling, bad fit, weak sound.
Yeah, they feel pretty cheap. I ended up returning them as well (I assume you're returning). Skullcandy is pretty much the Chi-Fi of Chi-Fi.

Jan 28, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #4,650 of 62,387
I don’t see that but this is odd. On the straight side of the terrazo part I can see the edge of the metal piece rhat the acetate was molded over very clearly. Like the acetate didn’t completely cover it. It’s uniform so I guess it’s on purpose, but the black ones I am borrowing (for the case) don’t have that and the press release pics don’t either. See the pic. Anybody with the non-black have this same thing?

Mine has the same issue on both:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back