Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 15, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #4,246 of 62,168
New curious problem with the Senn' MTWs
The left bud is VERY sensitive to external disruptions (Not sure how to describe it better)
When I walk past my 4 years old plasma-screen in my bedroom, the left bud crackles or just disconnects.
When I turn on the little fluorescent lighting in my kitchen, the MTWs are reacting with crackles or a short dropout.
When I'm in my nearest grocery store, there's something around the cashier that make the MTWs go "wild"... dropouts, crackling or just "give up" and disconnects...
There have been other similar experiences, but didn't know that could be external noise that affected the MTWs.
Any other who have experienced this?

No plasma screens anymore, but in my office I sit next (less than 2 feet) to over-monitor fluorescent tube lights and have not noticed any issues.

The Earins definitely have a problem cutting out when you go through those glass auto-open sliding grocery store doors, but it might be the actual bluetooth connection. Haven't done that with the MTW to compare.

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #4,247 of 62,168
My MTW going back too, sadly. This is my second set and I'm having all the same issues - random case drain, left bud not charging to 100%, and now buds not auto-disconnecting when I put them in the case, and I know they're seated flush. Hugely disappointing.

Ditto for me. Called Digital River (again) to initiate the return process. If I can't rely on the case and earpieces losing battery life on their own, that's an immediate no-go for me. I sold my Jabra 65t a few days ago, but those were rock solid with battery life. I didn't touch them for 2 weeks and they were still fully charged, both case and earbuds.

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #4,248 of 62,168
No plasma screens anymore, but in my office I sit next (less than 2 feet) to over-monitor fluorescent tube lights and have not noticed any issues.

The Earins definitely have a problem cutting out when you go through those glass auto-open sliding grocery store doors, but it might be the actual bluetooth connection. Haven't done that with the MTW to compare.
The MW07s have the same problem passing through the auto-open doors.

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #4,249 of 62,168
I played with this a bunch last night, and as far as pure volume/ability to get loud goes, its M2>>MTW>E8. On pure clarity and detail, it’s exactly the opposite E8>MTW>M2, though the gaps are much smaller between the three.

For bass, M2>MTW>>E8. Even if I hold the E8 and my ear just right.

None of those are weird results to me. But this is. On soundstage, MTW>>E8>M2. However, on pure separation, M2>MTW>E8. The M2 makes the instruments sound very separate L to R, but there’s no space to it - like each instrument is sitting on top of each other. But there’s such a clear L/R divide-more so than in either of the other two. It kinda makes things sound unblended at times if that makes any sense.

I swear something is ****y with a lot of people and the e8 because, while I can't say I've heard the e8, it could be THUNDEROUSLY bassy and the separation was excellent.

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #4,250 of 62,168
You have a point - I don't know that it's using AptX-LL, just that it says it uses AptX-LL. Don't know how I'd confirm that.

If you have access to an Android phone with Developer Options enabled, you'll be able to verify whether it really has that codec.

Jan 15, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #4,252 of 62,168
Just received the RHA Trueconnects and the sibilance is really bad at moderately high volumes...is that just inevitable or is there a way round it (on Android)?

May be worth noting this is mainly in metal, so if anyone has suggestions for true wireless headphones that cope well in terms of that and also are loud, would be appreciated! Will try these for the time being and hope I wear them in.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #4,256 of 62,168
Just received the RHA Trueconnects and the sibilance is really bad at moderately high volumes...is that just inevitable or is there a way round it (on Android)?

There are Android apps that basically have system-wide EQ running in the background. However, they are somewhat limited in function.

Jan 15, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #4,257 of 62,168
How will that tell me if the Switch dongle has AptX-LL?

With Android 8/Oreo in the developer settings you will see if the setting "sticks" when you exit come back to that menu. In Android 9/Pie this info is directly visible in the Bluetooth settings of the device.

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #4,260 of 62,168
What are all the tips you've tried with the Air-X? I ordered a pair last night from Mavin's website and I doubt the medium size tips will work with my ears.

The foam "t400" aliexpress variant, the mandarin and some random ones I had (kz wide bore?) . Checked the original tip, and its around 5.5mm wide bore, did not have many spares that matched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back