Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 2, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #3,616 of 62,217
The standard version is the one using the dynamic driver. The pro version is the one using the balanced armature. The standard version too is cheaper than the pro version. If you like a bassy and V-shaped sound signature go with the standard version. If you like a neutral sound signature, go with the pro version.
Thanks a lot!

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #3,617 of 62,217
Any reviews on the tfz x1?

not the TFZ in particular, but someone did a review of the pro version of the mifo here, you might want to search for it.

The standard version is the one using the dynamic driver. The pro version is the one using the balanced armature. The standard version too is cheaper than the pro version. If you like a bassy and V-shaped sound signature go with the standard version. If you like a neutral sound signature, go with the pro version.

have you tried and compared them both personally?

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #3,619 of 62,217
Absolutely not trying to be a party-pooper but this thread gets enough traffic as is and it would be good to keep it on track so your question might be better served on this long-running thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...ost-your-own-comparisons-here.746519/page-228

Though last post was in November, they've covered pretty much all the latest full-sized BT cans in-depth so there is already a wealth of info that would hopefully help you in your hunt. Also, if you're not adverse to using a BT adapter/amp with existing non-BT cans, there are relevant threads I can point you to as well. Best of luck with the search! :)
Your point is well taken and thanks for the link.

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #3,620 of 62,217
not the TFZ in particular, but someone did a review of the pro version of the mifo here, you might want to search for it.
have you tried and compared them both personally?
I do not have the standard version of the Mifo O5, but I did have a very long listening on a shop here in HK. It has V-shaped sound signature. Treble is much more pronounced and much deeper subbass, although my ears are very sensitive to treble so take my opinion with a grain of salt, our ears are all different anyway.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #3,621 of 62,217
For those of you who have the MW07, any chance anyone of you could post up a few pics if you have the tortoise shell color? I'm considering either that, or matte black, since those are the two more commonly available versions on ebay.

There is a few reviews with that color on youtube already. They look nice and wanted it but the BestBuy near me and every other one only had the Black one. Would of liked the blue one but didn't want to wait like 2 weeks just for the color. The black ones do get a little "Greasy" fingerprint smudges on it but a simple wipe cleans it off.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #3,622 of 62,217
Jan 3, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #3,624 of 62,217
Earin are having a 30% of after Christmas sale so I’ve ordered the M2. I really like the size of it so hope it will work out. If not they have 2 weeks money back.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #3,625 of 62,217
I do not have the standard version of the Mifo O5, but I did have a very long listening on a shop here in HK. It has V-shaped sound signature. Treble is much more pronounced and much deeper subbass, although my ears are very sensitive to treble so take my opinion with a grain of salt, our ears are all different anyway.

to me the treble on the standard is subdued so it's more of an L shaped sound with big warm bass. I'm curious about the pro version because i like more treble clarity, and based on aliexpress reviews, but your feedback that the standard version has a more pronounced treble makes me wonder whether i should try the pro version or not

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #3,626 of 62,217
Guys, sorry to hijack thread a little, but I need your advise on full-size BT cans (asked on respective forum but no one seemed to care). I love my AKG-K701 to pieces but I've got so spoiled by my MW07 and 65t that don't want to be tethered to a headamp even at home. I'm ready to take inevitable hit on SQ.

My budget is around $300, preferably less. The sound signature I prefer is kinda a mix between typical Senn warm, engaging and 3D (HD580) and AKG clarity and reserved elegance. I really like wide enveloping soundstage and superb imaging. Funny enough MW07 fits the bill considering it's a damn IEM. Not a fan of overly bright signatures (like AT), but would love high end detail if it's not fatiguing. Since I'll be using those mostly at home or in the office ANC is not a priority. Being able to remember at least 2 connections is a must. As long as sound and comfort are there don't care much about on- or over- ear, or closed or open back provided there're no copious amounts of sound leakage. Option for a wired cable is nice to have. When wireless I will be driving them mostly out of my Android phone and an iPad.

I had a listen to GW100 and liked a lot about them, especially that they didn't have typical overly bright Grado sound and had a rather strong bass. But they connect only to one source which makes them a no-go for me. I'm really confused about Senn HD1/Momentum/PXC line, and all seem like old designs, no? Beyerdynamic Aventho seem like a really good choice but are too expensive. Same with M&D, and reviews aren't that inspiring. AKG BT cans seem to be a mixed bag. I know it's irrational but I'm wary about Bose and Sony :).

Will appreciate advise. Thanks guys!
Give the AT M50xBT a shot. A bit less metallic than the M50x and a tad smoother/warmer. Available at Best Buy, so you can always return if you don’t like them.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #3,627 of 62,217
TBH as a Surface owner I was really intrigued by those, but every review I saw seemed to suggest they're more about the tech than the sound so while they're gonna do great for lots of users I think the majority on here will be left a little cold by them. Again, that's without having heard a pair, just going off what reviews seemed to point out.
If I ever see anyone wearing them, I’m just going to scream “Hey Cortana! Play Barry Manilow.”

Always on Cortana a definite no-go for me. Knowing the “mature” friends I surround myself with, it’ll just be a complete cluster.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #3,628 of 62,217
V-Moda has some Bass fit wireless earbuds now.
Come on V-Moda, where are the TWEs? I love my CFW1 with XL ear pads and hope they can get something like that in an industrial TWE form. The BassFit are similar in appearance to the Beats and a bit late to the party.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #3,629 of 62,217
to me the treble on the standard is subdued so it's more of an L shaped sound with big warm bass. I'm curious about the pro version because i like more treble clarity, and based on aliexpress reviews, but your feedback that the standard version has a more pronounced treble makes me wonder whether i should try the pro version or not
Huh, makes me wonder if you actually got the pro version instead, it has a warm bass (but with balanced subbass that is not overpowering) which reminds me of IEMs that uses the Knowles RAB series (similar to Earin-M2), The standard version of the Mifo O5 actually reminded me slightly of the Jabra 65T although not exactly sounding similar, however they sounded closer to each other, with treble presence toward 6khz to 7khz (which I'm very sensitive).

Additionally, I bought a few QCY T1 too since its very cheap and uses the same bluetooth chipset as the Mifo O5 (Realtek RTL8763BFR). Amazingly, the treble is actually nicer and has more sparkle with mild and smooth treble presence toward 8khz to 10kz which is my sensitivity to sparkle and clarity. The only letdown of the QCY T1 is the battery life which only lasts me 4.5 to 5 hours. (But with charging case it can go up to 20 hours, and it charges fast too). And the plastic build of the charging case.

Maybe you wanna try the T1, it actually sounds good for the price. Single BA IEMs, depending on their design, often suffer from early treble roll off anyway. (Although the CA Comet is an exemption).

Jan 3, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #3,630 of 62,217
Huh, makes me wonder if you actually got the pro version instead, it has a warm bass (but with balanced subbass that is not overpowering) which reminds me of IEMs that uses the Knowles RAB series (similar to Earin-M2), The standard version of the Mifo O5 actually reminded me slightly of the Jabra 65T although not exactly sounding similar, however they sounded closer to each other, with treble presence toward 6khz to 7khz (which I'm very sensitive).

Additionally, I bought a few QCY T1 too since its very cheap and uses the same bluetooth chipset as the Mifo O5 (Realtek RTL8763BFR). Amazingly, the treble is actually nicer and has more sparkle with mild and smooth treble presence toward 8khz to 10kz which is my sensitivity to sparkle and clarity. The only letdown of the QCY T1 is the battery life which only lasts me 4.5 to 5 hours. (But with charging case it can go up to 20 hours, and it charges fast too). And the plastic build of the charging case.

Maybe you wanna try the T1, it actually sounds good for the price. Single BA IEMs, depending on their design, often suffer from early treble roll off anyway. (Although the CA Comet is an exemption).

wishful thinking, i hope so, even though the sticker did say "standard" on the box :dt880smile:

i haven't tested the mifo too much because i got it (and the new Sabba) on the 31st December and immediately took them on holiday with me. but i did briefly tested it with my 65t, and the mifo have a warmer bass and also a warmer-smoothly rolled off treble than the 65t.

by the way, did you mean the QCY T1C or the T1 Pro? the T1 pro only has bt 4.2, does it have stable connection? the T1C seems to have a good overall reviews especially for the really low price of 20 something dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back