Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 2, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #3,586 of 62,522
Not sure you are going to improve upon the MW07 given those parameters. GW100 is indeed awesome sounding - possibly the best sounding BT cans I've ever heard but they definitely have their limitations/drawbacks. Audeze Mobius can be purchased used on ebay and headfi for sub 300 and probably offers the best SQ over BT you can get. I grabbed a pair for $240 a while back. They are a steal. Biggest issue for me is they look ridiculous and are therefore limited to home use.

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #3,587 of 62,522
My black Earin M-2 arrived today.

Initial impressions - 4.5/5

Packaging is lovely (magnetic cork cradle).
Build quality is fantastic, far better than the MTW. They have a real premium feel, especially the magnetic metal tube case with an extremely satisfying click.
They're tiny - almost too tiny. Imagine two earbud tips glued together, that's the length! The case easily fits in a pocket.

Right out of the box they sounded horrible, but after the tedious 30-minute firmware update through the android app which updated one earbud at a time, there was a sudden change in clarity. Now they sound very good. All of the bad reviews were before the December firmware update.
Slight emphasis on bass, but very clean. Mids are crisp and clear. Surprisingly a lot of detail in the highs even though they're not that bright. I have played around with the EQ in poweramp to get them just to my liking.

Sound quality from best to worst = MTW (Slightly larger soundstage / slightly better clarity) > Earin M2 > RHA > Jabra 65t

Strange but on the Earin website it says they last up to 4h depending on the codec. I had them paired with aptX / Samsung S8+, a couple of hours (40% battery remaining) in I changed the output to AAC and it seemed to drastically improve battery life as stated on the Earin website.
I think they will last around 4h mark even at a high volume. These get loud! There is a gain option in the app.
Charge time is good - 0-70% in 30 minutes.
I don't think there are more comfortable / better looking TW earphones out there. These are literally just the earbud, they come with comply foam tips, and they're compatible with standard earphone tips (I tried the silicon ones with my MDR EX650). Comply tips in the box fit well (4 pairs provided), and really make the M2 stay put when running.

The connection is strong, haven't had any issues so far. Initially you connect them one by one as they can act as two individual headsets. Automatically detect left/right and connect instantly. No issues with them being recognised on the app either unlike the issues I had with the MTW. You can also turn the M2 off in the app without the case.
I think they're perfect for the gym, so tiny and they don't make you look like an alien.
Something special about having buds this small, you can even lie down against them in bed as they don't protrude.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #3,588 of 62,522
The Mobius are also primarily intended for gaming, aren't they? Like, they were designed with the 3D imaging deal in mind (which is why I'm looking at getting a pair).

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #3,589 of 62,522
Guys, sorry to hijack thread a little, but I need your advise on full-size BT cans (asked on respective forum but no one seemed to care). I love my AKG-K701 to pieces but I've got so spoiled by my MW07 and 65t that don't want to be tethered to a headamp even at home. I'm ready to take inevitable hit on SQ.

My budget is around $300, preferably less. The sound signature I prefer is kinda a mix between typical Senn warm, engaging and 3D (HD580) and AKG clarity and reserved elegance. I really like wide enveloping soundstage and superb imaging. Funny enough MW07 fits the bill considering it's a damn IEM. Not a fan of overly bright signatures (like AT), but would love high end detail if it's not fatiguing. Since I'll be using those mostly at home or in the office ANC is not a priority. Being able to remember at least 2 connections is a must. As long as sound and comfort are there don't care much about on- or over- ear, or closed or open back provided there're no copious amounts of sound leakage. Option for a wired cable is nice to have. When wireless I will be driving them mostly out of my Android phone and an iPad.

I had a listen to GW100 and liked a lot about them, especially that they didn't have typical overly bright Grado sound and had a rather strong bass. But they connect only to one source which makes them a no-go for me. I'm really confused about Senn HD1/Momentum/PXC line, and all seem like old designs, no? Beyerdynamic Aventho seem like a really good choice but are too expensive. Same with M&D, and reviews aren't that inspiring. AKG BT cans seem to be a mixed bag. I know it's irrational but I'm wary about Bose and Sony :).

Will appreciate advise. Thanks guys!
I have the Sony WH1000XM2 and Sennheiser PXC550 and from my perspective you could not go wrong with either one of them. The Sony have better SQ but the PXC550 are a lot more comfortable.

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #3,590 of 62,522
If you like the MW07 I 100% suggest looking at the VModa Crossfade 2 Wireless (codex only if you care about AAC and want something other than Rose Gold). They also sound fantastic in wired mode. It's what I use.
Vmoda never crossed my mind, I thought it's what you get as a result of one night stand between Skullcandy and Beats :). But now will definitely check them out. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #3,591 of 62,522
I'm 100% down for that. Just keep me posted. I'm the kinda guy that tends to wear a lot of black band shirts and jeans so the grey motif works better for me, but I'm not too worried either way.

Checking out the MW50+ as well. They seem pretty effing good and are updated. Starting to fall in love with the M&D house sound and I'm a huge fan of beryllium drivers...

Nice, will do! I am looking at the larger M&D stuff too, they just look beautiful, and if they sound anywhere near as good....

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #3,592 of 62,522
I have the Sony WH1000XM2 and Sennheiser PXC550 and from my perspective you could not go wrong with either one of them. The Sony have better SQ but the PXC550 are a lot more comfortable.
Thanks. Can you switch off ANC on either of them? My limited experience with old wired Bose was that in quiet environments it only degrades the sound and adds hiss.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #3,595 of 62,522
If you like the MW07 I 100% suggest looking at the VModa Crossfade 2 Wireless (codex only if you care about AAC and want something other than Rose Gold). They also sound fantastic in wired mode. It's what I use.

I had the Crossfade 2 Codex and love them - very comfortable, foldable, durable, great bass - I just never wore them as I habitually go for IEMs for almost everything (and I get a terrible ridge in my hair with every over-head band ever lol)

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #3,597 of 62,522
The Mobius are also primarily intended for gaming, aren't they? Like, they were designed with the 3D imaging deal in mind (which is why I'm looking at getting a pair).

Mobius is certainly marketed toward gaming but they excel as a 2 channel music headphone as well. If you stripped out all the 3D, 7.1 stuff, Mobius is still an amazing sounding full Planar BT headset with a built in DAC and AMP.

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #3,599 of 62,522
Vmoda never crossed my mind, I thought it's what you get as a result of one night stand between Skullcandy and Beats :). But now will definitely check them out. Thanks!

I can second the V-moda Crossfade 2 Wireless. I have the Rose Gold version that came out in 2017 (the one with the aptx codec support). They sound great. I'm on a similar set up as you as well. I have the 65t active, the Crossfade 2 wireless, and I'm going to pick up the MW07 as soon as my ebay bucks kick in this month (should be able to pick them up for around 150 once I use my ebay bucks).

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #3,600 of 62,522
I owned the H9i (never tried the H8i), but I'll say this about them: They sounded amazingly clean and punchy, but lacked "weight" if that makes sense. The frequency curve was great for me, the ANC didn't affect it too much like the PX did, but in the end they just didn't quite have the sense of "oomph" I like from my headphones.

The H9i also had the only example of touch controls that were beneficial, IMO. I loved everything about their design. If the H8i is similar, I feel like they'd be perfect for a ton of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back