Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 2, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #3,571 of 62,574
Just got the MPow T5's and wow, these are really good! Confirmed it has aptX (by flipping from AAC to aptX under Dev Options). Haven't burned them in but initial impressions are that they are generally neutral-ish but with elevated powerful bass that is just slightly flabby (not tight). Going to need a bit more time with them before providing any other feedback. Initial pairing was a little tricky but going through the instructions cleared it up (just wish the pairing info was all on the first page, would've saved me a few minutes). Thx to @hifi80sman for mentioning these. I know there's been heavy focus on the top-tier brands but nice to discuss (cheaper) alternatives as well.

Happy New Year all!
Nice! I'm looking for a pair for gym use, and these may be a good option. These or Mifo O5.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #3,572 of 62,574
Last couple of days I tried the Sabbat x12 pro for gym use. They sound surprisingly good, neutral and balanced, not harsh at all. But the complete lack of sound isolation annoys me in a noisy gym. So my mw07 still needs to take the job
Yeah they will not work for a noisy environments where you want to be isolated. Like I wrote the other day they're ideal for running though. The fact that they're not very comfortable (hard edges with the lack of silicone tips) hasn't been a problem so far for that usage. A bit more so for long listening sessions while working though.

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3,573 of 62,574
Yeah they will not work for a noisy environments where you want to be isolated. Like I wrote the other day they're ideal for running though. The fact that they're not very comfortable (hard edges with the lack of silicone tips) hasn't been a problem so far for that usage. A bit more so for long listening sessions while working though.
I found it also very suitable for me listening to podcast during lunch and taking a nap in the office. The semi-open design does not put pressure on my ear canal, which is good. And it's small and light enough not to bother me to sleep. I heard that someone use earbud sponge or silicone eartips for Airpods to make a better fit and more comfortable. I've ordered some to see if they work.

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #3,574 of 62,574
Aw man, that totally sucks to hear that your buds got stolen... :frowning2: (PM sent...)

As for the review, here you go: worshipPastor's review [EDIT: the link is getting truncated but if you search for recent 5 star reviews for MPow T5, it's the one posted on Dec 27 titled: Finally Better Bluetooth Quality]

I should have mine today, will post impressions later but for now, I'm really impressed with the Aermoo B3. The tips it came with aren't very pliable and create discomfort after a while so I swapped them with a set of SpinFit's from my NuForce BeFree8 and now they are super comfy and provide rich sound, good bass, non-sibilant treble and ever so sightly forward mid's. The connectivity has been great (they are supposedly BT5 and I paired it with my LG V30 which is also BT5) and I've only ever experienced intermittent cut out's every once in a long while so not bad at all. The only negative is the buttons are finicky and sometimes don't provide enough tactile feedback so I can't know for sure if I invoked it correctly as they support both single and double-clicks for play/pause and volume control. The waterproof works as advertised which was a must for me.

Thank you for the reference :o2smile: i just read and it seems they are good (T5). I was asking in Aliexpress and in MPOW Facebook page, and regarding the other models (T6 and T7) they don't support Apt-X and CvC, while T5 does.

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #3,575 of 62,574
I found it also very suitable for me listening to podcast during lunch and taking a nap in the office. The semi-open design does not put pressure on my ear canal, which is good. And it's small and light enough not to bother me to sleep. I heard that someone use earbud sponge or silicone eartips for Airpods to make a better fit and more comfortable. I've ordered some to see if they work.
Interesting, the standard round ones for earbuds or some specific Airpods ones ? Do you have a link handy for the ones your ordered ? Thanks !

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #3,576 of 62,574
The battery does bum me out still, but not because I'm in any situations where I can't charge them or it interrupts my day, but because I wish the battery life was 30 hours so I could just leave them in my ears from sunrise to sunset.
Man, the choir, the choir.

Would you say you're getting better battery life with the Tortoiseshell vs. Black color?

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #3,577 of 62,574
Just got the MPow T5's and wow, these are really good! Confirmed it has aptX (by flipping from AAC to aptX under Dev Options). Haven't burned them in but initial impressions are that they are generally neutral-ish but with elevated powerful bass that is just slightly flabby (not tight). Going to need a bit more time with them before providing any other feedback. Initial pairing was a little tricky but going through the instructions cleared it up (just wish the pairing info was all on the first page, would've saved me a few minutes). Thx to @hifi80sman for mentioning these. I know there's been heavy focus on the top-tier brands but nice to discuss (cheaper) alternatives as well.

Happy New Year all!
Nice! You're like the try before I buy guy. Initial impressions are what I was hoping for. I'm looking for an inexpensive, yet good quality pair I can use more casually (at the pool, etc.), since I baby my MW07 and don't want to scuff them up. They are basically sitting under a constant light in the center of my bedroom and emit an angelic sound as the light shimmers off the case.

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #3,578 of 62,574
Man, the choir, the choir.

Would you say you're getting better battery life with the Tortoiseshell vs. Black color?

It feels like I am, but I'm not sure I'd credit that to the color just yet since I don't have any real reason to believe the actual units differ between finishes. For all I know I just had an early model or one of the rough batteries. I will say the Tortoiseshell is swank as hell, though.

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #3,579 of 62,574
It feels like I am, but I'm not sure I'd credit that to the color just yet since I don't have any real reason to believe the actual units differ between finishes. For all I know I just had an early model or one of the rough batteries. I will say the Tortoiseshell is swank as hell, though.

Yeah, I got Grey Terazzo as it was on sale for almost $100 less, but now I'm looking wistfully at Tortoiseshell...No chance anyone wants to trade, do they :D?

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #3,580 of 62,574
What's funny, is when I went in to BB and asked for the MW07, they were like "How do you know about those? Most people come in here and ask for the Beats."

Just don't wear them to the gym, otherwise people want to talk to you and ask you what those are. Like, dude, I have them on specifically because I don't want to talk. And no, I don't know what supplements you should use. Join Head-Fi, we'll talk there. LOL!

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #3,581 of 62,574
Yeah, I got Grey Terazzo as it was on sale for almost $100 less, but now I'm looking wistfully at Tortoiseshell...No chance anyone wants to trade, do they :D?

Weirdly enough, I would have gotten the Terazzo if they had them...

What's funny, is when I went in to BB and asked for the MW07, they were like "How do you know about those? Most people come in here and ask for the Beats."

Just don't wear them to the gym, otherwise people want to talk to you and ask you what those are. Like, dude, I have them on specifically because I don't want to talk. And no, I don't know what supplements you should use. Join Head-Fi, we'll talk there. LOL!

LMAO I've definitely had people ask me about the MW07, only set anyone's ever done that on. Not the e8, not the Bose, not the Sony. Something about the MW07 seems to catch attention.

As another note, my god these are good on rock/metal. Been blasting more avant-garde stuff like Corpo Mente and Igorrr and just... wow.

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #3,582 of 62,574
Weirdly enough, I would have gotten the Terazzo if they had them...

LMAO I've definitely had people ask me about the MW07, only set anyone's ever done that on. Not the e8, not the Bose, not the Sony. Something about the MW07 seems to catch attention.

As another note, my god these are good on rock/metal. Been blasting more avant-garde stuff like Corpo Mente and Igorrr and just... wow.

Maybe we could do a straight trade if I don't fall too much in love with them :D Mine arrive tomorrow hopefully.

They definitely do look the best out of all the TWS I've seen, and a really good style too, not too traditionally masculine or feminine - the acrylic really catches the light so nicely.

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #3,583 of 62,574
Maybe we could do a straight trade if I don't fall too much in love with them :D Mine arrive tomorrow hopefully.

They definitely do look the best out of all the TWS I've seen, and a really good style too, not too traditionally masculine or feminine - the acrylic really catches the light so nicely.

I'm 100% down for that. Just keep me posted. I'm the kinda guy that tends to wear a lot of black band shirts and jeans so the grey motif works better for me, but I'm not too worried either way.

Checking out the MW50+ as well. They seem pretty effing good and are updated. Starting to fall in love with the M&D house sound and I'm a huge fan of beryllium drivers...

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #3,584 of 62,574
Guys, sorry to hijack thread a little, but I need your advise on full-size BT cans (asked on respective forum but no one seemed to care). I love my AKG-K701 to pieces but I've got so spoiled by my MW07 and 65t that don't want to be tethered to a headamp even at home. I'm ready to take inevitable hit on SQ.

My budget is around $300, preferably less. The sound signature I prefer is kinda a mix between typical Senn warm, engaging and 3D (HD580) and AKG clarity and reserved elegance. I really like wide enveloping soundstage and superb imaging. Funny enough MW07 fits the bill considering it's a damn IEM. Not a fan of overly bright signatures (like AT), but would love high end detail if it's not fatiguing. Since I'll be using those mostly at home or in the office ANC is not a priority. Being able to remember at least 2 connections is a must. As long as sound and comfort are there don't care much about on- or over- ear, or closed or open back provided there're no copious amounts of sound leakage. Option for a wired cable is nice to have. When wireless I will be driving them mostly out of my Android phone and an iPad.

I had a listen to GW100 and liked a lot about them, especially that they didn't have typical overly bright Grado sound and had a rather strong bass. But they connect only to one source which makes them a no-go for me. I'm really confused about Senn HD1/Momentum/PXC line, and all seem like old designs, no? Beyerdynamic Aventho seem like a really good choice but are too expensive. Same with M&D, and reviews aren't that inspiring. AKG BT cans seem to be a mixed bag. I know it's irrational but I'm wary about Bose and Sony :).

Will appreciate advise. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #3,585 of 62,574
If you like the MW07 I 100% suggest looking at the VModa Crossfade 2 Wireless (codex only if you care about AAC and want something other than Rose Gold). They also sound fantastic in wired mode. It's what I use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back