Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 29, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #2,521 of 62,013
Interesting. The official website just shows aptX as supported. Review websites are unreliable and some report it does and others that it doesn't.

Same here. Must be the Unicorn with glitter, rainbow poop.

I asked them directly and posted the response. It’s in the thread somewhere.

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #2,522 of 62,013
Did you try the Senns? I'll say the battery definitely became a dealbreaker on the MW07 for me. I loved literally everything about them in terms of sound, fit, and even style. The battery just rendered them useless for the gym, which is a huge reason I get TWEs.

Right now I'm back on the Bose Soundsport Free. They just tick the boxes that I need. My saga of dealing with Jabras has turned me away from the brand forever.
I have not tried the Senns. All sold out around me. I'm sure it's going to be better with the BT 5.0 implementation and 7 mm driver vs. BT 4.2 and 10 mm on the MW07. I could order online, but I just hate the return shipping process.

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #2,524 of 62,013
Having used the senns now for a couple of days, and not to sound like a broken record and not to detract from a very solid package from Sennheiser, I am convinced the mw07 blow them away in terms of sq. I may just buy the mw07 for a third time with a Best Buy product warranty and hope the third times a charm. Any issues Best Buy is easy to deal with if you have a warranty. The battery and hiss are a concern but the sq is flat out awesome. If the unicorn exists, I want it.

Nov 30, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #2,525 of 62,013
I've been using the Senn MTW for two days and my ears have been hurting a lot, especially my right ear. Switching to the largest tips have helped a bit, but the pain doesn't seem to go away. I can't tell if it's the weight of the buds or the silicone tips. Can anyone else relate to this experience?

The earbuds weigh 13.2g (both earbuds) which is on par with M&D MW07 and Beoplay E8. However, the Earin M-2 earbuds are far lighter at just 9g. I'm considering returning these and getting Earin M-2 if my pain doesn't go away after a day or two.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #2,526 of 62,013
I've been using the Senn MTW for two days and my ears have been hurting a lot, especially my right earbud. Changing the tips have helped a bit, but the pain doesn't seem to go away. I can't tell if it's the weight of the buds or the silicone tips. Can anyone else relate to this experience?

It could just be a general fit and 'ears are weird' issue. So far I've found the Senns to be massively comfortable - to the point where I almost forget they're there at all. The Jabras, on the other hand, did feel a bit achey after 2 hours' of constant use. That said, I've not worn the Senns for longer than about 30 mins so far. I'll be doing my first commute with them on Monday, so will find out if there's any long-term fit/comfort issues then.

Nov 30, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #2,527 of 62,013
I've been using the Senn MTW for two days and my ears have been hurting a lot, especially my right earbud. Changing the tips have helped a bit, but the pain doesn't seem to go away. I can't tell if it's the weight of the buds or the silicone tips. Can anyone else relate to this experience?

The earbuds weigh 13.2g (both earbuds) which is on par with M&D MW07 and Beoplay E8. However, the Earin M-2 earbuds are far lighter at just 9g. I'm considering returning these and getting Earin M-2 if my pain doesn't go away after a day or two.

if you really like the sound and can bear a few days, your ears might adjust. the first time i have the jabra i had a hard time using it more than 20 minutes as it hurts one point on my right ear. but after a few days i have no problem wearing it even for hours. I'm glad i didn't return it because I find the jabra my best TW for riding (the sudden way it fixed itself from the imbalance issue also helps alot for deciding to keep it

Nov 30, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #2,528 of 62,013
if you really like the sound and can bear a few days, your ears might adjust. the first time i have the jabra i had a hard time using it more than 20 minutes as it hurts one point on my right ear. but after a few days i have no problem wearing it even for hours. I'm glad i didn't return it because I find the jabra my best TW for riding (the sudden way it fixed itself from the imbalance issue also helps alot for deciding to keep it

That sounds assuring, thank you.

Nov 30, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #2,529 of 62,013
That sounds assuring, thank you.

Yes the finns on the G1 hurt my left ear for a few days and when I first got my customs they produced a rub sore in one ear but after about a weeks use the ears adjusted and all have been fine since

Nov 30, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #2,530 of 62,013
Just emailed with Audio Technica USA and got to the following response:

As of right now, there is no set date for the release of the ATH-CKR7TW.

We have only been informed it will be around late January/early February.

Well, that's disappointing.

Meh!

upload_2018-11-30_11-15-58.png

Nov 30, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #2,531 of 62,013
Having used the senns now for a couple of days, and not to sound like a broken record and not to detract from a very solid package from Sennheiser, I am convinced the mw07 blow them away in terms of sq. I may just buy the mw07 for a third time with a Best Buy product warranty and hope the third times a charm. Any issues Best Buy is easy to deal with if you have a warranty. The battery and hiss are a concern but the sq is flat out awesome. If the unicorn exists, I want it.

Mine were actually hiss free, so if the battery isn't a worry for you I really think the MW07 are the winners atm (haven't tried the AT's, though). I said it before, but it broke my heart giving them back.

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #2,532 of 62,013
Holy crap at the Audio-Technica's being delayed until APRIL. So much for mid-november...

I've been using the Senn MTW for two days and my ears have been hurting a lot, especially my right ear. Switching to the largest tips have helped a bit, but the pain doesn't seem to go away. I can't tell if it's the weight of the buds or the silicone tips. Can anyone else relate to this experience?

I'd definitely suggest trying the Comply TrueGrip tips if you can. They really helped me get a better fit with the Senn's.

Nov 30, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #2,533 of 62,013

I suspect the weight will not be the real issue. Is the pain in your ear canal or or the concha? The concha is the outer portion of the ear where the bulb of the IEM will reside. If it's the conch try adjusting the position of the shell so it doesn't press on the sore spot as much. If it's the canal then try some different tips. Comply foams might work or if you have any Sony iems kicking around try using their tips as they are one of the most comfortable tips available. If your in the US you can also get some hybrid tips called Auvio I think from Radio Shack that are very comfortable but have a wider opening than the Sony tips so they won't effect the treble as much.

Nov 30, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #2,534 of 62,013
So, just got my RHA Trueconnect's delivered for about $160. First impressions after playing with them a couple hours.
  • The product looks and feels very premium. The case is beautiful and the earbuds look great when wore in-ear; it is amazing how much "serious" and sleek they come across when compared to a Airpods with basically the same design approach.
  • Earbuds are very light and feel fantastic in-ear. After wearing these for a while i'm completely confident they will not fall out by accident.
  • RHA includes a comprehensive set of silicon & comply tips. I'm using a pair of foam tips i had beforehand and really like though, which had to be slightly cut down to the right tip length; these fitted right in.
  • They pair right out of the case and disconnect/pause when put back in. No in-ear detection, but it is otherwise seamless.
  • I can confirm these support AAC; in fact, my Pixel 3 chose that codec right away first time they were paired.
  • Sound quality is very very nice! Balanced, with a slight v-shape EQ, but great soundstage and sub-bass; so far i cannot detect any obvious distortion artifacts. These are definitely more natural sounding than my 1More Quads, and become uncomfortably loud at about 80-90% volume.
  • No connection dropouts so far at all. Will report back once i wear these around in the city where EM noise can give Bluetooth some headaches.
  • Gave YouTube a couple tries and i cannot detect any video/audio lag on either channel. If it is there it's imperceptible to me.
Overall i'm really impressed with this product so far. I wish transparency mode was available and the case supported Qi charging (i might hack this in the near future...) but other than that these seem stellar - specially if SQ is your main concern.

HYzufLpIXQAqVziO9q55814G5NcyPx0T9y-9BienRmPw-bBhVqYguWMcfPWpQWwObjQZtn6Sry-pvSsozdq66219fCCa5e90nvJ_krxgD2ggV5mi1B6i_IxvbZ-KRBbb-55XExdcUc8_WWvAf2bCULSDCQPpXd9BT5fsfZo5Gb_ROyzOzK06uPGxtcZTRZxGuZ2xQ2XF3GlCg8Ry5fAv2sFH0gXF5McG8aFXfX2jIU_XuOK33KpePlhaYHV13mS-3UnanxI7ULMWlrBW3Fk20LHGofO7EzeAxFAAPruf4_Wnb7-lzlmzDyDHUtZODljSimTYeG1keOI_ZXzwBN9vDP53ww0HwmkgLTkyjpdpBy_K2CtL00bJACFYyV6S2f1kJv3AELQMayMhPrhO-nrhDb--ikuHbetAN0ZF6bS4G8wkAzpWotrrqqVUZV7H9DOU7p0XoxmHpEsSWsA8ixCtwH1_i_LdstRbfBGvI471akXxAJ8RemWR-nDLIMk4Yra0h_1tKgo8MUYAVKM_3H48XaY40h4NQ8FjzAo_1-xKDUSnlKLG_eIRzAPhdkIvviR44l5Ke0nFsp7CkJqZOUsT-fAl0a4V_uKRMhaQjgfNUzzFtpO_0eOckNm46qEOZVeJ6hyXy5jaEPYl3xZGt2rBckkyzQ=w1504-h1128-no

A-EDJqAnkKc04Pf4pFTtgXvxL0eW7kMcwA1rZQGcVrw5dL49zlDxUbqzMnK15YDTq9fAa2HUhKCCyWWzjV6QLcOCfzIapiGN3CGjGQ65JS8r3-TV_8y5Rut3VyunrjMVgtDDO7pSNpJTgsaaXwO7g6_D8wxZru0JchWUCXVCS9IDyhfJpkQ-AEyAHyWvBM6xR-XBXqeyWSgT9Z5kIH1-8NUMFiiSx2TzuXwGa7WnUZr4LQZwYCQt4nUH8gVX4BGb2zLqV5f68vVQ3FaFvokR-fImn0SIaQtKXMub1Mr1jcnHEb3mGvUt2HzSY9xwchAzkynB73m5loZc6Mywe6V6-uxpERRY9FF1tNG7bGmYfhDsqVDuLu6L3ZXmZTpwtOpcMH7w3lfXA53yY68OsVRRvCYy6LZ71yORo9R24DZyAfj9j8AAhZhfun3_uNaJv9cgiDgvUo0CTw68s4tpDxddVECidWWJcC0vyRhEVpLMSfec6E32VQURBQ7XgxJlzQFOHJEBOfyQRoQLYa0qs7T9M9AZwaFJhnaPpx5Mye7_iKRhML4J4MZbvrrctPVPF3OpaCg_37sNJiInBOYL2hgrEeZC_J2FIqmkkuE0ECjCVcdjMxzeLKxdB7Vck0W7iyQjAa4B5SsKsgZk1ZhJFrGlmv_w-A=w1504-h1128-no

gZ_MUSGE5ljpnP0hfDRsjJ2lyRpvpOkPE6a5jmiSnxlGFYL1YU3dS6We2ckgM3F09goad4eCfnkOTt4Oe39JPyXDXetd9t4e3DJhBDbzyXnB-luj-ZUSSJNRTtiNaos7vd4h_AjGCo5sdLGnY1QlsYXSDgNGHM6xvQ74FXFDp2d-lYUR-72CPlyzxh14uEs_gmVB8gflJCoalis2vhduto0ewQywRdUjXv-Gi9lCxmd-JXkuqzfakknyc7tspdFicntSR_iZq70IfeYsHiINSwKhf-1mHvCMEouUQeOCb8pWt62m-rqH10tcCsEiCsSH_5OnHA946OzEtmEpeB-kgQN-RggyJBT-ZU4tbzBBUxC2TfS2ziwxITdboauY5VUcTnok66R7bP4HFCoO-4_ljqRZRfE8aBABF-vSwHJVu3SbPv-Co7n-N9-b65isLDORtUyTFJ-dSW2RNfjWrCnE-DnWD95oTAGuFvnMEVT0JWlUp23ILfzCen8RxSbrjVLL4zJ2JBzdM95WZ5yuxZkLnJEX6g9u2ouKGQeZOdnKLLGQms-DpyfegxGT_HVXZold2nHVO7YKcguZVccf3S1IajhBbOBY48gIEnjxgtJ4EQLpbUbCVAnvbG69cmy6vpfz0_jAymO18WDZvsr5Q4p3l2moDQ=w760-h1128-no

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #2,535 of 62,013
The RHA sound interesting (didn' t you get TrueGrip Comply tips with yours ?) but at this stage in the game I really don't think it's acceptable for (expensive) TWEs to not offer a transparency mode !

Holy **** at the Audio-Technica's being delayed until APRIL. So much for mid-november...

I'd definitely suggest trying the Comply TrueGrip tips if you can. They really helped me get a better fit with the Senn's.
Unfortunately TrueGrip tips don't seem to be available in Europe for some reason. I suppose they could be imported from Amazon USA.

About the Havit G1, I've now managed to get pretty decent isolation with the medium tips by ramming them into my canal and twisting (top towards the back and bottom towards the front) hard ! It does make them a bit painful though...With the seal I find them to be really bassy and I normally like bass a lot !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back