Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 29, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #2,506 of 62,483
Yeah, I forgot to mention the Sport is massively inferior in all respects minus the waterproofing. $50 seems like not that much money to pay for a far superior product.

I admit I'm also less than enamoured with AT's sound sigs in general. I haven't tried their IEMs but the M50 was always dull as dishwater to me, and I've sampled their bluetooth sets which were all treble cannons (although I've heard the DSR9 is good, but... $550).

As it stands the Senns are the only thing left in my ever-continuing pursuit of the endgame bluetooth arrangement.

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #2,508 of 62,483
Yeah, strange. I keep my mw07 in general at 40-60% out of S8 on below max from Poweramp. And that in extremely noisy weight room at the gym. Mw07 are definetly go louder than my 65t, though even these were enough on majority of tracks, except for some non-remastered old stuff.
Man, I love the MW07, but I'm starting to feel the return bug nibbling at me. After charging overnight (charger was fully charged and "green"), they only lasted 2.5 hours exactly at 40% volume on my iPhone (over SBC). I also have an LG G6 with aptX, which I assume would have killed it even faster. Gah! What shall I do! I'm thinking about going Jabra Elite Active 65t that's on sale right now for $159.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #2,509 of 62,483
strange, I have an iPhone X and can't go beyond 75% without destroying my ear drums

I've tried the MW07, the Gear IconX, and now the Senns - all three seem to have reduced volume. Can't be a coincidence.. do I need to update my IOS or something? I don't know if it's the app either because I tried youtube and I get the same volume.

I highly doubt it's my hearing, I'm only 30.. don't listen to music much outside of the gym. With the campfire vega I do have incredibly high volume where I have to be careful, but not with these bluetooth IEMs..

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #2,510 of 62,483
I've tried the MW07, the Gear IconX, and now the Senns - all three seem to have reduced volume. Can't be a coincidence.. do I need to update my IOS or something? I don't know if it's the app either because I tried youtube and I get the same volume.

I get the same effect on my ipad, fyi.

I highly doubt it's my hearing, I'm only 30.. don't listen to music much outside of the gym. With the campfire vega I do have incredibly high volume where I have to be careful, but not with these bluetooth IEMs..

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #2,511 of 62,483
I admit I'm also less than enamoured with AT's sound sigs in general. I haven't tried their IEMs but the M50 was always dull as dishwater to me, and I've sampled their bluetooth sets which were all treble cannons (although I've heard the DSR9 is good, but... $550).

As it stands the Senns are the only thing left in my ever-continuing pursuit of the endgame bluetooth arrangement.
Have you tried the M50xBT? Nice, my friend, nice.

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #2,512 of 62,483
Man, I love the MW07, but I'm starting to feel the return bug nibbling at me. After charging overnight (charger was fully charged and "green"), they only lasted 2.5 hours exactly at 40% volume on my iPhone (over SBC). I alos have an LG G6 with aptX, which I assume would have killed it even faster. Gah! What shall I do! I'm thinking about going Jabra Elite Active 65t that's on sale right now for $159.
Feel your pain, man. But in my usage I never listen more than 2 hours straight. So it's OK with me, even though my mw07 so far last 3 hours plus change. I'm still keeping my 65t as a backup. They are great overall. When switching back from mw07 it's not like going from Etys back to some white bundled buds. More like downgrading from Westone W4 to Westone W20. Still decent experience.

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #2,513 of 62,483

I get the same effect on my ipad, fyi.

I'm not sure, brother, but I've tried the Samsung (2018) and currently have the MW07 and there a ZERO volume issues with my iPhone or LG G6 or iPad Pro (10.5" 2017). I usually go 40% to 50% volume and drowns out noise at the gym, etc. And I lift, bruh, so it's loud with all the meathead weight droppers.

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #2,514 of 62,483
Feel your pain, man. But in my usage I never listen more than 2 hours straight. So it's OK with me, even though my mw07 so far last 3 hours plus change. I'm still keeping my 65t as a backup. They are great overall. When switching back from mw07 it's not like going from Etys back to some white bundled buds. More like downgrading from Westone W4 to Westone W20. Still decent experience.
LOL, love that comparison! It's actually making me feel good about going to the 65t! I may have to buy something else, because I can't just spend $159!

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #2,515 of 62,483
Man, I love the MW07, but I'm starting to feel the return bug nibbling at me. After charging overnight (charger was fully charged and "green"), they only lasted 2.5 hours exactly at 40% volume on my iPhone (over SBC). I also have an LG G6 with aptX, which I assume would have killed it even faster. Gah! What shall I do! I'm thinking about going Jabra Elite Active 65t that's on sale right now for $159.

Did you try the Senns? I'll say the battery definitely became a dealbreaker on the MW07 for me. I loved literally everything about them in terms of sound, fit, and even style. The battery just rendered them useless for the gym, which is a huge reason I get TWEs.

Right now I'm back on the Bose Soundsport Free. They just tick the boxes that I need. My saga of dealing with Jabras has turned me away from the brand forever.

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #2,516 of 62,483

Mw07 uses AAC on iPhone not SBC. Either way 2.5 hours sucks.

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #2,520 of 62,483
Mw07 uses AAC on iPhone not SBC. Either way 2.5 hours sucks.
Interesting. The official website just shows aptX as supported. Review websites are unreliable and some report it does and others that it doesn't.
You've got a unicorn then. Be happy with it, mine started the 20% low-battery alarm in less than 2 hours.
Same here. Must be the Unicorn with glitter, rainbow poop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back