Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 29, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #2,476 of 62,085
Nov 29, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #2,479 of 62,085
So because you don't know what you're talking about you're gonna throw widdle babby temper tantrums at people. Roger that. Godspeed.

Seems like we understand each other completely :)

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #2,480 of 62,085
I contacted spinfit for alt tips for the Senn TWM's and got this response

Thanks for contacting us!

The best eartip recommendation for Sennheiser True momentum wireless is CP360 (soon to be released). CP100Z also has a similar design to CP360 which you may consider trying!

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #2,481 of 62,085
How's the sub bass extension? That's usually the weakness of non-isolating designs.

it's got good amount of bass and midbass, but subbass is not too pronounced. for EDM some might find the bass not enough. i don't have a problem with the bass though. I'd say it's like listening to Koss Ksc75 but with more bass

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #2,482 of 62,085
Oh no. Now I’m trying to decide whether I should return mine or try out the CP100Z SpinFits. I’ve only got 2 more days until I can return them...
With these new tips, are they more comfortable? The wings also dig into my ears and I’m wondering if these will fix that problem. How have they changed the sound signature? And do they isolate well? Cheers
Sorry, for giving you false hopes, mate :). Your main problem seems to be with fins digging in. I don't think different eartips will help with it. Did you try without fins at all? For me large fins are fine, my beef wasn't with comfort. Just couldn't get proper isolation with any of the stock tips. CP100Z-L have similar size and general shape as stock XLs, but somehow they are better married to my ear canals, giving better isolation and security while feeling comfortable. Guess all this patented stuff SpinFit brags about has its merits. And to answer your other question. Of course better isolation changes overall sound signature. With stock tips my mw07 sounded unbalanced with exaggerated bass and piercing highs. With CP100Z-L which go deeper into the ear canal and fill it without popping out, all pieces of the puzzle clicked into each other. Strong but textured bass, highs got tamed while still retaining details, mids are no longer sullied by the bleeding midbass.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #2,483 of 62,085

4:30 hours and counting. listening to music and occasional youtubes. i really like this for factor for home use, not much of noise blocking at all, like the earbuds form factor that i really like. good overall tuning and airy soundstage.

it sits flush on my ears like the earin (much more flush than the jabra). it can go in my helmet much better too, but i have to test this, because i prefer iems while riding to block noise.

let see if it lives up to the promise of 6-7 hours playtime
Sabbat X12 Pro
Thanks, so no tips, some type of hard plastic like the EarPods/AirPods or rubber on the Backbeat Fit? Some models are pretty colorful too :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #2,484 of 62,085
Thanks, so no tips, some type of hard plastic like the EarPods/AirPods or rubber on the Backbeat Fit? Some models are pretty colorful too :wink:

yup, airpod type insertion. there's rubber sleeves included for sport, but it fits fine for me even without it.

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #2,485 of 62,085
IMG-20181129-WA0004-01.jpeg

battery testing done. let say cut one hour for a few times i paused the music for talking to my kid and one time i put it back to the case for 5 seconds to reset.

still impressive in my book. that's around 2 hours more than the jabra

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #2,486 of 62,085
I wonder when Audio Technical is going to release their TW models. They sounded promising (6 hours of battery life for the non-sport model). It looks like they're on sale in Japan already, and a few of the translated reviews I've seen look promising, although a lot of the impressions were unintelligible despite Google Translate's best efforts. They're available to be purchased at inflated rates from sellers in eBay and Amazon and shipped to the US, but at a $70-100 markup.

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #2,487 of 62,085
I wonder when Audio Technical is going to release their TW models. They sounded promising (6 hours of battery life for the non-sport model). It looks like they're on sale in Japan already, and a few of the translated reviews I've seen look promising, although a lot of the impressions were unintelligible despite Google Translate's best efforts. They're available to be purchased at inflated rates from sellers in eBay and Amazon and shipped to the US, but at a $70-100 markup.

It's weird, to me, that the sport model both lacks aptX and has worse battery life.

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #2,488 of 62,085

I was told by ATH that they will release the Sport in November, and the non sport in Dec/an

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #2,489 of 62,085
It's weird, to me, that the sport model both lacks aptX and has worse battery life.

Yeah the Sport model's feature inconsistency seems like they had two completely separate development teams working on it. I guess I appreciate that they're releasing models that are clearly delineated between enthusiast vs workout markets, and the $50 price point difference reflects that. It's nice to see a product strategy that isn't "one size fits all" in the TW space.

Nov 29, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2,490 of 62,085
I assume you meant Audio-Technica. :L3000:

They ALWAYS release in Japan first and my guess is because they are a private Japanese company vs. Sony which has a major U.S. division and is publicly traded on the NYSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back