Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 29, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #1,141 of 62,436
The Sennheiser look look interesting, but I must've been spoiled by the aesthetics of my old Bragi ';The Headphone". I really dislike how so many of these options stick so far out of the ears.. .they look like giant bolts coming our of your head. I love my Westone ES3 and 5 not only because fo the sound, but because of the low profile. I realize that TW pieces have a lot more to cram in that a pair of custom IEM, but the bragis really were low profile and disappeared into my ears. If I had my back turned to someone, they had no idea I was even wearing them.... cant tel you how many conversations I missed :wink: I just wish there were some better low profile solutions.

Sep 29, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #1,142 of 62,436
Sep 29, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #1,143 of 62,436
Didn’t spot that. I’m on iPhone so aptx was no priority for me
Can't understand this AptX cult. By all technical and subjective accounts AAC is comparable, and both better than SBC. Even on my Android phone (Galaxy S8) my 65t use AAC. It's just a common denominator between iOS and latest Android versions. So why wireless IEMs would implement another sonically comparable codec?

Sep 29, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #1,144 of 62,436
Can't understand this AptX cult. By all technical and subjective accounts AAC is comparable, and both better than SBC. Even on my Android phone (Galaxy S8) my 65t use AAC. It's just a common denominator between iOS and latest Android versions. So why wireless IEMs would implement another sonically comparable codec?

Maybe..just maybe someone uses a source that has apt-x but not aac..

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #1,146 of 62,436
Considering I literally can't see them while I'm wearing them I don't understand the big deal unless they're insanely goofy looking. Bose get a knock on that front because they literally will move around from sticking out so far.

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #1,147 of 62,436
Maybe..just maybe someone uses a source that has apt-x but not aac..

Those would be "old and/or cheap sources" for the most part. With android now utilizing AAC I have a feeling that apt-X is falling by the wayside. It'd be nice if LDAC wasn't Sony proprietary.

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #1,149 of 62,436
Those would be "old and/or cheap sources" for the most part. With android now utilizing AAC I have a feeling that apt-X is falling by the wayside. It'd be nice if LDAC wasn't Sony proprietary.
well, my hiby r3 has ldac and apt-x but no aac. My g7 has everything, but I dont use that phone while hiking,,

Seems the latest at and sennheiser has both,--there are other sources than the latest phones.

Oct 1, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #1,154 of 62,436
Hey Guys,
This is a reminder why we don't usually throw out a hint, things can come up...sorry but we are experiencing a delay. I'll be back when things are ready.
Thanks for keeping an eye out and we'll make sure it was worth the wait.

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,155 of 62,436
What do they lack vs those two?

A few things I will dig through the stuff I found. First there's the 7mm vs. 11/10mm driver - I know women tell me size isn't everything, but that seems to match up with some of the other stuff I read from the reports from when they were shown off at IFA. Those indicate that they are a bit fuzzy in the lows and are balanced toward "consumer-friendly" sound, which I usually interpret as that low-detail V signature that most people seem to like but I don't.

https://www.soundguys.com/sennheiser-momentum-true-wireless-earbuds-19270/

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...entum-true-wireless-earbuds-hands-on-ifa-2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Back