Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 4, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #976 of 62,422
I got an answer from JVC regarding the track change ability of the new XC70BT. They were very clear. No track change on the earbuds and it will not be added.

I would say look out for good deals and some open box deals on them. May still be solid and a sweet deal if you don't mind what the left out. I know my old JVC ET50BT is my strongest connection(till over 100 feet in the open) and best fit of my BT stuff

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #977 of 62,422
I've had my Jabra 65T since they came out from Best Buy way back in February / March.

I've worn them 6 days a week for my 5-6 mile jog. Only issue I ever had was on very humid mornings, my left ear sweats and the left ear piece gets slippery and tends inadvertently to pop out of my ear. As a result, it's bounced several times across pavement and it's still working like a charm.

My sweating doesn't seem to have affected the 65T in the 7 months in any way.

The only hissing issue I ever experienced was when google assistant interfered with Bluetooth operation and was waiting for suggestions... I've turned google assistant off. LOL

I've worn the 65T on buses, trains, etc...Note; I just wore them for a 5 hour train ride from Hartford CT to Philly and on the return trip & never had an issue. During a 15 minute stop in Penn Central, I popped the buds into the case and got a quick charge.

In the 7 months I've had the 65T I can count on one hand the number of times that Bluetooth has cut out. Never had any complaints from people regarding audio during calls.

While the sound may not be completely audiophile level of wired earbuds, they're perfect for commuting and working out. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Isolation!!!

I'm sold... no need to look any further..

Dave

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #978 of 62,422
@SilverEars - you're likely not imagining things, there is a difference in the BT codec implementations and I've noticed this most pronounced with SBC; using the same headphone but different sources, I've heard both really poor implementations and really good ones that were nearly indistinguishable between AAC/aptX. Try to see if you can check which codec is in use with your Intel vs. S8+
I would assume that in general PC or laptop with have better BT SQ than a small mobile device. Not because the codec is better implemented per se, but simply because there's more computing power and less battery and heat restrictions for codec to increase bit rate and thus sound stream quality.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #979 of 62,422
I've had my Jabra 65T since they came out from Best Buy way back in February / March.
I've had mine 65t Elite just for 3 months. Glad to say that my experience in and around Manhattan, including subway, jogging and gym, is exactly same as yours, except for the sweaty left ear :). Stable connection with my Galaxy S8 and between earbuds themselves. I can count on one hand times when there was a momentary sound interruption. No noticeable hissing or sound imbalance to speak of. These things just work, which can't be said about E8 I had before (despite better SQ though). I also came to really appreciate Jabra's user interface and how well thought and reliable it is. On-board functionality, sensibly laid out, has everything, including volume and track ff/rw, that you can operate while on the run or in the crowd, without the need to get into your pocket and fish out the damn phone. Take out of the ear one earbud and sound pauses, put it back - it resumes. Stash earbuds into the case, watch for the red lights on them to blink to confirm, close the lid, and the buds shut off and start charging. Take the right one out, stick it into the ear and voice immediately confirms it's ready. Lights inside the case and on its bottom confirm the charge level. It's all very well thought, fluid and works flawlessly. To me how Jabras sound is good enough for what they are and how I use them. Not as good as E8, not speaking of my wired Westone 4, but still there with a decent $80 wired buds with a dynamic driver. EQ in the app helps, I keep it V-shaped. I also have Jabras paired to both my Android phone and iPad with no problems. My only real complaint, besides wishing for less recessed mids and less constrained soundstage, is for the case to have magnetic guides. As it stands now slipping in buds correctly is a bit tricky, and it won't charge them unless you shuffle buds until red light blinks on each. I also wish Jabra would design the case so it would close with a longer and more common 3rd party eartips. But all in all, thanks to 65t I'm sold on wireless IEMs.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #980 of 62,422
Have to say walking in the wind today with my 700N and they work well in wind which surprises me since most ANC products struggle in the wind.

I was using my WI1000X and switched over to the 700N to see how they handled some Led Zeppelin (bit of an A/B test) and was very happy with how they sounded compared to my WI1000X. No they are not as good but the have a similar signature which I like and when out and about I don't have time to focus on the minutia anyway.

Sep 4, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #981 of 62,422
Have to say walking in the wind today with my 700N and they work well in wind which surprises me since most ANC products struggle in the wind.

I was using my WI1000X and switched over to the 700N to see how they handled some Led Zeppelin (bit of an A/B test) and was very happy with how they sounded compared to my WI1000X. No they are not as good but the have a similar signature which I like and when out and about I don't have time to focus on the minutia anyway.
So, WI1000X is the best sounding wireless for you? I didn't know there was an iem version of the 1000X. I looked at the product page, and it sounds pretty good with the features.

Does those features seem useful and work well for you? Like auto-adjustment, etc.. How is the NC performance? That atmospheric pressure auto adjustment for flights sound interesting (I usually worry about that for flights).

Only gripes I have is the bulk you have to wear around the neck. It's a real eyesore IMO. But, I understand it's necessary for all the features it has.

I'm curious of the NC performance between iem and full-sized 1000X (for full-sized the latest one, M3).

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #983 of 62,422
I have only heard the 1000mx2 model which came out at the same time as as WI1000X. Between the 2 I think the 1000mx2 is slightly more spacious but does not have the impact in the bass. Both have the same ANC features but the 1000mx2 is probably slightly better at ANC. I don't fly so can't discuss the air pressure thing. But really like the ambient sound feature and the ability to adjust to different setting including reducing wind noise which actually does pretty good. I get around 8 hours of battery life and thats while using LDAC and ANC which is very good.

They both are really good but I am glad I have the WI1000X as I appreciate the form factor for portability.

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #984 of 62,422
Not much mention of the Earin M2 so far... I'd like to add my voice to the few others commenting on it.

Build quality is excellent
Connection is strong and remains stable
Sound is, for a true wireless, decent thanks to the BA drivers.
Battery life is ok - I have a 1hr 30 commute, they last comfortably. They then charge in the container for the journey home later on.

The Earin app is of limited use - you can switch on the audio transparency, change the device volume (which you can do from the device volume rocker anyway), update the firmware when a new one comes available.
They're easy to drop/lose - I managed to drop one of the buds on the tube after about 2 days of owning them, thankfully I managed to snatch it up before it was lost in the throng!
They aren't the cheapest compared to the many options that are out there.

I've had them for about 2 months and have been using them on my commute. They isolate decently and are pretty stable in the ear - I'm not a gym goer so can't comment on that side of things.

All in all I am impressed with these for convenience, reliability, and build. They aren't close to some of the more costly wired IEMs I have, but for on the go, they more than meet the requirement.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #986 of 62,422
I have the 65t and E8. For those who need an advice and hesitate between Jabra 65t and B&O E8, in terms of sound, E8 do everything a little better than 65t but for those who are sensitive with upper medium and treble, E8 are a little bit on the bright side and sometimes can be harsh... For that reason, even if I can admit that E8 are a little bit better in terms of technicity (soundstage, separation, details), I find the 65t more natural for longer listening sessions... When I am outside, concentration on music is less important and I focus less on the technicity, also because of noise environement and so on but tonality becomes the main focus... hot treble can cause fatigue... So, to my ears and because I don’t like bright treble, for jogging and aldo on the go listening, 65t is the best choice.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #988 of 62,422
I have the 65t and E8. For those who need an advice and hesitate between Jabra 65t and B&O E8, in terms of sound, E8 do everything a little better than 65t but for those who are sensitive with upper medium and treble, E8 are a little bit on the bright side and sometimes can be harsh... For that reason, even if I can admit that E8 are a little bit better in terms of technicity (soundstage, separation, details), I find the 65t more natural for longer listening sessions... When I am outside, concentration on music is less important and I focus less on the technicity, also because of noise environement and so on but tonality becomes the main focus... hot treble can cause fatigue... So, to my ears and because I don’t like bright treble, for jogging and aldo on the go listening, 65t is the best choice.

I think a lot of the time what is the most "technically proficient" isn't what we actually want in our ears. If I was aiming for neutrality or whatever I sure wouldn't have VModa and Sony in my arsenal, but even after trying scores of other wireless sets, full-sized and IEM, I'm here with the Crossfade 2 Codex and the sp700n. People can easily say they're "worse" than this or that, but considering I'm listening to music with them, the ones that make me enjoy the music most are the ones that sound the best.

Sep 8, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #990 of 62,422
I think a lot of the time what is the most "technically proficient" isn't what we actually want in our ears. If I was aiming for neutrality or whatever I sure wouldn't have VModa and Sony in my arsenal, but even after trying scores of other wireless sets, full-sized and IEM, I'm here with the Crossfade 2 Codex and the sp700n. People can easily say they're "worse" than this or that, but considering I'm listening to music with them, the ones that make me enjoy the music most are the ones that sound the best.
I agree 100% I have owned a ton of BT IEMS and Headphones and while many are better technically better in all boils down to if they have a signature you like. The SP700N has an awesome sound that is very reminiscent of the Sony IEMs I have loved in the past such as my defunct XBA-Z5 signature wise. No it doesn't have the best tech such as ApTx but honestly it sounds better than many of the products I own that do have the better technology.

Now I want to be clear this does not mean it is technically as adept as the XBA-Z5 as it simply can not be due to BT limitations but is shares the basic signature of the Z5 and other classic Sony IEMs.

My issue is I like SP700N enough I would like to use it more but its 2.5hr battery life limits using it. If Sony makes a newer model that like this but has more battery life and newer tech I will be all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back