Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 1, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #946 of 62,574
I have my Earin M2 earphones for one week now.
Simply, the best on the market for now imho.
Small, made of metal, they just disappear in my ears.
They sound better then Jabras which I used to struggle with for their mechanical artificial sound.
Some people saying here, the M2s are flat. Totally disagree with this statement.
They keep working for more then 4 hours, BT is super stable. I didn't have any dropouts, even in NYC.
I love the case design, also made of metal, pocket friendly with extra juice for 2-3 more charges.
Tried them in the gym: they steady stay in my ears and the don't loose the Bass like Jabras.
Also, they don't hiss like Jabras.
I like that the both earphones can work as right or left piece. Don't need to look for R or L then inserting.
I only use them for listening to the music. Can't say anything about phone call futures.

The only drawback is that because they are so small, you have to be very careful not to loose it.

Sep 1, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #947 of 62,574
I have my Earin M2 earphones for one week now.
Simply, the best on the market for now imho.
Small, made of metal, they just disappear in my ears.
They sound better then Jabras which I used to struggle with for their mechanical artificial sound.
Some people saying here, the M2s are flat. Totally disagree with this statement.
They keep working for more then 4 hours, BT is super stable. I didn't have any dropouts, even in NYC.
I love the case design, also made of metal, pocket friendly with extra juice for 2-3 more charges.
Tried them in the gym: they steady stay in my ears and the don't loose the Bass like Jabras.
Also, they don't hiss like Jabras.
I like that the both earphones can work as right or left piece. Don't need to look for R or L then inserting.
I only use them for listening to the music. Can't say anything about phone call futures.

The only drawback is that because they are so small, you have to be very careful not to loose it.

I have the Earin M2s and agree with you totally. Use them at the gym and commuting and mainly for music & podcasts. They are so small & discreet.

If you don’t use them for a while, have you noticed that the main charging unit loses its charge gradually? Maybe that’s by design? Anyway, I’m very happy with them. The sound is good and they’ll do for a year or so until someone brings out something a lot better.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #948 of 62,574
Yea, that another drawback I forgot to mention. The don't keep the charge well if not used and not in the case. This is why the case needs to be around all the time. Being so compact, I can carry the case in my pocket.

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #949 of 62,574
I've been looking at Rtings headphone reviews, and they are pretty comprehensive. Here are the graphs of the top contenders, Jaybird Run, IconX, and Jabra Active Elite

First, Jaybird Run. I think the treble peak and the dip right before had me think reverse L-shaped. Although the bass looks linear, I think I hear it as lacking bass due to the treble peak.

IconX, upper portion 8-9k rise I'm not highly concerned with (as lower peak is felt most for me).

Jabra Active Elite, same here, although the peak is greater, looks similar to the IconX except the bass (that sub-bass difference from IconX may not be all that noticeable in difference)

Here's BeatsX response (from Rtings). Now I realize why it sounded so smooth. Smoothness comes at a cost. Bass doesn't look as expected on paper, it's not a drastic of a rise. I'm wondering if it's abruptness from 1-2k to the 3k that I feel that mids needs a slight more?

They definitely tuned it warm (although it's not highly warm, but has a warm tilt). Lots of reviews I've been seeing, people are surprised this is a Beats signature as they expected lots of bass as well. It doesn't (at least not By Dre sig).

I think that dipped portion is importation for movies/videos, which sounded not as lively, although music is quite smooth and I prefer the response for music. Particularly with the right ear-tips. I wonder how these response look with various ear-tips? How does the dummy know it's proper fit?

frequency-response-graph (4).png

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #950 of 62,574
I have the Earin M2s and agree with you totally. Use them at the gym and commuting and mainly for music & podcasts. They are so small & discreet.

If you don’t use them for a while, have you noticed that the main charging unit loses its charge gradually? Maybe that’s by design? Anyway, I’m very happy with them. The sound is good and they’ll do for a year or so until someone brings out something a lot better.
Another thumbs up from an Earin M-2 user. Works great in the gym surprisingly even though there are no “wings” to hold them in your ears. Jaybird X3’d would constantly die from sweat but these have done great. No video sync issues on iPhone either which puts them in the minority!

One thing I discovered is that you can fit 1 large Comply tip and 1 large Earin tip in the charging case, but not 2 large Comply tips.

Sep 2, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #953 of 62,574
I have been reluctant to buy a true wireless IEM but broke down and picked up the WF-SP700N today and have to say I am very happy with the sound so far. Yup they are bassy but's a fun bass not a hit you over the head type of bass. I am not enamored with the battery life but this may be more about me using them like a normal IEM versus just using them when exercising. In this sense it's a testament to how much I have enjoyed their sound because I didn't want to stop listening to them. I also am really enjoying being truly wireless. I own the WI1000X as well and while they are better sonically (by a good margin!) and have better battery life you do have to deal with the horse shoe and cables which is a pain in certain situations such and wearing a sport jacket in the office or having to sling a laptop bag over my neck for transit. So I think the WF-SP700N will work in those use cases and will definitely be great for working out or going for a jog where I want that freedom of not having to worry about cables.

I have had a chance to hear the 65T and found it to be a bit to bass light for my tastes which is part of the reason why I want with Sony instead. Similarly I never found the Bose to be particularly compelling sound wise or design wise as they just seemed too big.

The one model I wish I could have tried is the Run Free model from Jaybird but couldn't see enough reason to take them over the WF-SP700N.

One thing that made it easier for me to go Sony was the fact I can get 75 minutes of use off a 15 minute charge. This should tie me over in those instances where the battery dies during use. But I will probably always a have an alternate IEM or headphone in my bag just in case I need an immediate fix :).

Sep 2, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #954 of 62,574
Not on my list of requirements. If there were one perfect truly wireless IEM out there, this thread would have ended by now :wink:

Yea, it's minor for me too. I have EQ in my mobil app. M2s responding to Eqing very well.
According onboard volume, M2s don't have swipe control and they too small for swipe control. No physical buttons ether.
Doesn't bother me that much. My phone is always in my hand for changing volume instantly.

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #955 of 62,574
I have been reluctant to buy a true wireless IEM but broke down and picked up the WF-SP700N today and have to say I am very happy with the sound so far. Yup they are bassy but's a fun bass not a hit you over the head type of bass. I am not enamored with the battery life but this may be more about me using them like a normal IEM versus just using them when exercising. In this sense it's a testament to how much I have enjoyed their sound because I didn't want to stop listening to them. I also am really enjoying being truly wireless. I own the WI1000X as well and while they are better sonically (by a good margin!) and have better battery life you do have to deal with the horse shoe and cables which is a pain in certain situations such and wearing a sport jacket in the office or having to sling a laptop bag over my neck for transit. So I think the WF-SP700N will work in those use cases and will definitely be great for working out or going for a jog where I want that freedom of not having to worry about cables.

I have had a chance to hear the 65T and found it to be a bit to bass light for my tastes which is part of the reason why I want with Sony instead. Similarly I never found the Bose to be particularly compelling sound wise or design wise as they just seemed too big.

The one model I wish I could have tried is the Run Free model from Jaybird but couldn't see enough reason to take them over the WF-SP700N.

One thing that made it easier for me to go Sony was the fact I can get 75 minutes of use off a 15 minute charge. This should tie me over in those instances where the battery dies during use. But I will probably always a have an alternate IEM or headphone in my bag just in case I need an immediate fix :).
Yup, significant amount of bass (graph from Rtings), greater than a Beats(X) even. Sony is the one I have yet to try.

frequency-response-graph (5).png

Looks like there is another Sony. Sony WF-1000X, looking more compact.

wf-sp700n-compare-medium.jpg

Looking more linear as well.

frequency-response-graph (6).png

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #956 of 62,574
I've been reading about the new Audeze Mobius that's been shipping out, and what I find that is an interesting feature is a separate analog input. I would be totally up for a true-wireless with separate analog cable connection that goes into them for extended listening without relying on battery (since these types have such a short battery life). I guess maybe not the most ideal option if have another earphone on hand that's wired and is preferred choice for SQ.

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #957 of 62,574
I've been reading about the new Audeze Mobius that's been shipping out, and what I find that is an interesting feature is a separate analog input. I would be totally up for a true-wireless with separate analog cable connection that goes into them for extended listening without relying on battery (since these types have such a short battery life). I guess maybe not the most ideal option if have another earphone on hand that's wired and is preferred choice for SQ.
Ironically, I am listening to Mobius now. If I am not mistaken, even though there is an analog input, the Mobius is active at all times meaning that if the battery dies, it won't work period. That's my understanding even if a bit off topic. I am interested in the M-2 but $250 is hard to swallow absent some evidence that they are a step up in SQ from the best. I'd rather wait for the Sennheiser than drop $250 on the M-2. It looks like a nice design. Was eyeing them something near 2 years ago until the delays came.

I find myself gravitating to the WFSP700N more often than not v Bose largely because the isolation and ANC allow me to keep volume levels in check. The standout feature for Bose is multipoint BT so I can easily switch among devices. Sonly only appears to allow 1 device at a time.

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #958 of 62,574
Ironically, I am listening to Mobius now. If I am not mistaken, even though there is an analog input, the Mobius is active at all times meaning that if the battery dies, it won't work period. That's my understanding even if a bit off topic. I am interested in the M-2 but $250 is hard to swallow absent some evidence that they are a step up in SQ from the best. I'd rather wait for the Sennheiser than drop $250 on the M-2. It looks like a nice design. Was eyeing them something near 2 years ago until the delays came.

I find myself gravitating to the WFSP700N more often than not v Bose largely because the isolation and ANC allow me to keep volume levels in check. The standout feature for Bose is multipoint BT so I can easily switch among devices. Sonly only appears to allow 1 device at a time.
That makes sense. They do say it has a built-in amp, and I'm thinking it takes in analog to the amp with no DSP.

Do you have much experience with ANC? I'm wondering if it does better than passive isolation when it comes to low frequency noise you find in the trains/airplanes.

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #959 of 62,574
That makes sense. They do say it has a built-in amp, and I'm thinking it takes in analog to the amp with no DSP.

Do you have much experience with ANC? I'm wondering if it does better than passive isolation when it comes to low frequency noise you find in the trains/airplanes.
Mobius? Probably won't be great on a plane. Sony? The ANC is pretty light. Probably ok on a plane but no substitute for a real set of ANC cans.

Sep 2, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #960 of 62,574
Mobius? Probably won't be great on a plane. Sony? The ANC is pretty light. Probably ok on a plane but no substitute for a real set of ANC cans.
No, not Mobius (I don't believe it has ANC). Just a general question on ANC (if you are really familiar with that area). Does it get rid of low frequency noise on trains/airplanes like the engine better than the best sound isolation (passive).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back