Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 12, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #706 of 62,443
I don’t know, Sony offers good products in general but their design choices are somewhat questionable.

7ED52D1F-05F3-4DC9-AAD2-D14BA8F96116.jpeg

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #707 of 62,443
Just got a pair of 65t active today. So far really impressed. Only tried a cheap chinese pair (X2, I believe they are called), so haven't got much to compare them to. Don't think I'll return them. Fits my needs (decent battery, acceptable sq for casual music listening and audiobooks, no cutouts so far). The sound is better than I thought it would be actually. Plenty of bas for me. And the hearthrough is useful. Only real con is the case. True wireless feels so futuristic! :)

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #708 of 62,443
PSB has a firmware update for the TW1s. It fixes an audio dropping issue I had. You need an Android device to do a somewhat complicated update (made more difficult by very poor instructions).

I also noticed the sound quality changed and upon inquiring, PSB support responded that they tweaked the EQ to make them sound more like the M4U2s. Apparently they tweaked the midrange only. In my opinion, the bass feels a little reduced and the treble a little increased. I had not listened to them for a few days before I did the update, so my impressions are by memory only. I do think they sound a little better now.

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #709 of 62,443
I have a set of Powerbeats. The Sony/Bose/Jabra are all significantly better. The PB3 is gonna win if you have an iPhone for sure just for connectivity ease, but the sound and other features are significantly better.

Yep I am an iPhone user.

I think it is the fact I get 12 hours of battery life at full volume on these, which is just insane. I also quite frequently use them for long commutes or during office listening to the radio for hours (while with the IEM's as it stands, I'd have to charge them by lunch time).

I think 65t is getting very close to the ideal IEM's, perhaps over the next year we will have the technology to get 8 hour battery life on these things - or at the very least, have the case provide 24-48 hours battery life (similar to AirPods).

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #710 of 62,443
Do you EQ your pure wireless IEMs in the app? On my 65t I mostly leave it on default (flat) for heavy stuff like techno, electronic, hip-hop, The Muse, etc. but pump a notch or two lowest frequency for spacious music like blues, jazz and vocal like Melody Gadot, Zaz, Amy Winehouse, etc. This of course indoors. On a noisy street I have to increase bass for everything. Wish that Jabra’s app would allow for editable EQ presets and more that 5 frequency points.

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #711 of 62,443
I EQ'd the 65t to be a little more v-shaped because I felt the stock was too blah, but I also listen to a lot of heavy music.

On the wf-sp700n I use the "vocal" preset because it tamps back the "XTRA BASS" and brings out the vocals better.

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #712 of 62,443
I'm just going through the process of reviewing the SoundPEATS Q32's - sadly still no aptx but they do have Bluetooth 5.0. although this doesn't have a particular effect on sound quality, it has resulted in some impressive connection strength. They don't sound too bad either. Review to follow in a couple of days.

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #713 of 62,443
Still no truly wireless CIEMs, am I right?

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #714 of 62,443
Haven’t seen any and I don’t think I would dare get them if there were

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #717 of 62,443
Jun 21, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #718 of 62,443
Anyone try these out yet?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZCLJRY/

Doesn't look like they are offered via Prime anymore, but still available via third party (direct) seller. For under $30, they sound good, fit well, and feel solid. To me, they're clones of the WF-1000X, but without ANC. The definitely punch above their price point and sound better than Bragi The Headphone, which I promptly returned to Costco. For a budget option, I haven't found anything better.

Jun 24, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #720 of 62,443
Anyone try these out yet?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZCLJRY/

Doesn't look like they are offered via Prime anymore, but still available via third party (direct) seller. For under $30, they sound good, fit well, and feel solid. To me, they're clones of the WF-1000X, but without ANC. The definitely punch above their price point and sound better than Bragi The Headphone, which I promptly returned to Costco. For a budget option, I haven't found anything better.

Thanks for the recommendation.
These are available via Prime again. In stock June 29th. $26.99 at the moment. I was looking for a cheap set for mowing the yard, working out, etc. Worth a shot at this price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZCLJRY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back