Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 11, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #691 of 62,454
In the end I kept Elite 65t and sent back E8. Latter better overall SQ (especially clarity and soundstage) and spiffier charging case weren’t to me worth extra $150. In real life usage (gym and walking/jogging) Jabras turned out easier to control and with less connection hiccups. Their SQ is still good enough considering they are pure wireless. At least much cleaner sounding, less congested and with better separation than typical bundled wired smartphone buds. My Jabra minimal wish list: 1) Better charging case with magnetic closure and deeper wells (also magnetic) so you can use more typical taller tips and 2) Saved EQ presets in Sound+ app.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #692 of 62,454
I really do feel like it comes down to the Sony/Jabra, and preference will be one's opinion of bass. They're both stellar headsets. Jabra is definitely the better all-rounder in my mind.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #694 of 62,454
That's what I also think about 65t vs E8, even despite some loss in SQ.

And I went with the Sony because of a few minor issues that tilted it towards my personal needs, but if I had to make a general recommendation, the 65t would be it.

Jun 12, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #695 of 62,454
Got two "shenzhen" ones today, both said to be bluetooth 5. One of them is going to be a gift.
IMG_20180612_132123-hd.jpg

Tws-f8 5.0 in the middle and kozon a5 right.

Both passed the "walking outside" connection test, with one caveat.
Since both has left as master, turning the head far left distort connection. Using source in left or right side shirt\jacket pockets was fine, trouser pockets had issues.

The kozon wins on features with adjustments as volume, previous-next track,ok google and stereo call. Also it can be turned on and powered off without the case.

The f8 can be turned on and skip track + ok google besides the normal play\pause and answer calls.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #697 of 62,454
I am happy to see truly wireless IEM's are improving. I think after a year, I think we may be at a stage where I will replace my current gym IEM's (Powerbeats 3) with these.

I have a set of Powerbeats. The Sony/Bose/Jabra are all significantly better. The PB3 is gonna win if you have an iPhone for sure just for connectivity ease, but the sound and other features are significantly better.

Jun 12, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #698 of 62,454
I am happy to see truly wireless IEM's are improving. I think after a year, I think we may be at a stage where I will replace my current gym IEM's (Powerbeats 3) with these.
I was surprised to discover that for my usages (mostly streaming indoors - gym, office) pure wireless IEMs are good enough even now in terms of sound, stability and continuous play time. At least that's true for my current Jabra Elite 65t or even Beoplay E8 that I sent back.

Jun 12, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #701 of 62,454
Jun 12, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #702 of 62,454
Forget about the sound. Their design isn’t acceptable to me. They’re ugly. Wireless should at least try to be discreet. The tech exists, but Sony’s target market seems to be those that don’t care so much about the look. They just want the convenience and reasonable sound. But then go for the Jabras then.

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #704 of 62,454
Forget about the sound. Their design isn’t acceptable to me. They’re ugly. Wireless should at least try to be discreet. The tech exists, but Sony’s target market seems to be those that don’t care so much about the look. They just want the convenience and reasonable sound. But then go for the Jabras then.

If you're more worried about appearances than sound for a thing you stick in your ear that you literally can't see while you're using it then uh... maybe get some sweet Beats, bro. I find something peculiar about slagging Sony as focusing on people who care about the device's actual performance as opposed to its aesthetics.

The Jabras don't sound as good.

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #705 of 62,454
If you're more worried about appearances than sound for a thing you stick in your ear that you literally can't see while you're using it then uh... maybe get some sweet Beats, bro. I find something peculiar about slagging Sony as focusing on people who care about the device's actual performance as opposed to its aesthetics.

The Jabras don't sound as good.

The Earin M-2’s will do just fine for me now. Their sound is good for my ears. Very discreet & works for my lifestyle. I guess if you’re looking for the best sound possible with TWS, great, but design wise they won’t win any awards :). There’s a reason why companies invest millions into talented designers. I just think Sony could have done better. They’re normally good at design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back