Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 9, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #677 of 62,572
A few more Jabra v Sony observations.

1. Call quality is much, much, much better on Jabra, which makes sense since Jabra is in the business of communication devices by trade. People say I sound a bit muffled with the Sony, and the call is only in the left ear.
  2. Zero hiss on the Sony, this is a big deal for me.
  3. Jabra is more comfortable, Sony is more secure by a country mile. I'm pretty sure you could get in a car crash and the Sony would stay in.
  4. The battery life is definitely inconvenient, but since I use these primarily for workouts, I don't need more than 3 hours at a go.
  5. Despite the bloomy bass, the Sony is significantly more dynamic and engaging than the neutral but somewhat "flat" sounding Jabra (Sony using the "Vocals" preset and giving the Jabra a light v-shaped EQ to sound best in both instances to my ears).
  6. Not being able to custom EQ the Sony is stupid.
  7. Sony's "ambient" mode is amazing, it seriously doesn't even sound like you're wearing them, the Jabra's sounds artificial and tinny.
  8. The total lack of controls on the Sony is aggravating.
  9. The Jabra's buttons are far easier to use.
  10. I didn't think the noise canceling feature would be worth a damn, but it actually is, and I'm surprised at how low I can keep the volume.
So the Jabra are going back, because the Sony just sounds so damn good while working out (the extra bass helps in that use case), and they're so insanely secure I never worry about them even budging. They need charged more and calls are meh, but I'd say for a set of workout headphones, Sony wins. For general use, the Jabra is the better set.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #678 of 62,572
I wore my jabra elite sports all weekend, and they ran like a champ. I'm gonna mess with my 65t active tonight and tomorrow. I love Sony products, and sound signals. but that battery life hit and not having volume controls is a not buy for me.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #679 of 62,572
I wore my jabra elite sports all weekend, and they ran like a champ. I'm gonna mess with my 65t active tonight and tomorrow.

Same here, I live in a super busy city and they usually have zero connectivity issues. However I did notice after upgrading my phone to iOS 11.4 some intermittent “hiccups” when the phone is in battery saving mode.
Had to restart phone unpair and re-pair and the issue got resolved.

What’s the difference is sound signature between the Elite Sport and 65t? I believe the 65t has thinner, more balanced sound, right?

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #680 of 62,572
Yes 65t is not as powerful as the elite sport. 65t has more separation,, elite sports bass is more solid, harder hitting,. They are close though sometimes I like the 65r more other times the elite sport, other times it samsung iconx 2018. It's great to have choices.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #681 of 62,572
Yes 65t is not as powerful as the elite sport. 65t has more separation,, elite sports bass is more solid, harder hitting,. They are close though sometimes I like the 65r more other times the elite sport, other times it samsung iconx 2018. It's great to have choices.

Yeah, I can’t say the Elite Sport is a detail monster but for on the go use it’s perfectly acceptable and their imaging is good too with a sense of left, right and depth.

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #682 of 62,572
Plus if you're working out, extra bass is helpful since the movement and (likely) external noises will inherently swallow the low frequencies. I admit I'm bizarrely enamoured with the wf-sp700n.

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #683 of 62,572
Plus if you're working out, extra bass is helpful since the movement and (likely) external noises will inherently swallow the low frequencies. I admit I'm bizarrely enamoured with the wf-sp700n.
I feel the same. Pumped bass even on bright setting. Tons of energy and punch. Fun as hell sounding.

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #684 of 62,572
I feel the same. Pumped bass even on bright setting. Tons of energy and punch. Fun as hell sounding.

I've been using "Vocal" myself, and yeah. Super dynamic. The Jabra was obviously more neutral but ended up sounding dull (for the music I listen to).

TBH they're so damn good they made me want to look into some full-size BT headphones like the ATH-DSR7BT.

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #685 of 62,572
Was wondering why stock Elite 65t tips all have short hats compared to usual tips. Turns out that most tips from E8 or virtually from any other headphone I have simply won’t fit into Jabra’s charge case. The lid won’t close because the wells for buds are shallow, just don’t have depth for tips with high hats.

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #687 of 62,572
Was wondering why stock Elite 65t tips all have short hats compared to usual tips. Turns out that most tips from E8 or virtually from any other headphone I have simply won’t fit into Jabra’s charge case. The lid won’t close because the wells for buds are shallow, just don’t have depth for tips with high hats.

i have some comply tip i brought from my Samsung iconx 2018 and they have that short hat your talking about, i stopped using them because it took away too much treble, i have not tried on my other headsets, but they should work because they are true wireless models.

Jun 11, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #689 of 62,572
Don't agree with the conclusion that they can't compete with the Bose and Jabra, since I had both of those and returned 'em in favor of the Sony, but otherwise a solid writeup.

Jun 11, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #690 of 62,572
I have active 65t for four days now. The only complaint I have is the L tips are little tight for me while M tips are too loose. Does anyone have recommendations for third party tips that will fit in the charging case? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back