Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 22, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #436 of 63,208
Returned my Jabra 65t's today.

Good points:
  • When you get the isolation right they are a very closed solution and have good sound quality.
Bad points:
  • Even with the large tips I couldn't get that isolation because the stems are too short for my ears. None of my aftermarket tips would fit.
  • I think the pressure in my right ear was too much when I was trying them out because my ear started "popping" for about 1.5 weeks after using them for a couple days.
  • The left earbud somehow lost all its charge even though it was in the case, and after I charged them back up, there was static in the left bud like the driver had fizzled out
Someone mentioned before that the "dealbreaker" for them is when only 1 bud is used for phone calls. That seems to be true for all truly wireless buds except for the Airpods, I think due to the Left/Right delay issue that only Apple has figured out. Which of the truly wireless buds actually enable both ears for phone calls?

Mar 22, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #437 of 63,208
Someone mentioned before that the "dealbreaker" for them is when only 1 bud is used for phone calls. That seems to be true for all truly wireless buds except for the Airpods, I think due to the Left/Right delay issue that only Apple has figured out. Which of the truly wireless buds actually enable both ears for phone calls?

That was me :)
So the 65t has voice coming from the right side only??
I use the Jabra Elite Sport and voice is coming in from both sides or I can use the right bud only and the left one shuts off.

Mar 22, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #438 of 63,208
I get sound both sides in phone calls with the Beoplay E8 or use the right bud on it’s own

Mar 22, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #439 of 63,208
The headsets I own that do stereo output on calls are:
Samsung gear iconx 2018
Jabra elite sport
Jabra elite 65t
The headsets that I own that do not do stereo output on calls:
Sony wf1000x
jams ultra

I wanted to add, some reviewers said they would not recommend the Jabra 65t for gym use because of the ip55 rating and to wait for the Jabra elite 65t active having ip56 rating. but looking at this ip rating page I think the Jabra 65t would be fine, what do you think?

https://blog.jabra.com/waterproof-or-water-resistant-whats-behind-an-ip-rating/

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #440 of 63,208
I have the Bose Soundsport Free. I was not upset by the phone calls only in one ear. When I use my hands-free Bluetooth earpiece, it’s only in one ear. When I use the iPhone, it’s only in one ear. When I use the telephone headset, it’s only in one ear. But gee Bose, why couldn’t have you put the phone calls in the Left ear instead of the Right ;->

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #441 of 63,208
I just found a really cool reviewer called rtings.com they use special sound measuring equipment, and show very detailed graphs. the results are still very interesting, check it out.

this HTML class. Value is

Moderator I'm not sure if I posted link correctly, please fix if I didn't thanks.

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #442 of 63,208
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #443 of 63,208
I saw quite a number of China branded, full-wireless IEMs going for <$50 with good reviews. just wondering if anyone here has tested any chinese models and care to share how it compares to the major brands (like sony/beoplay etc)?

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #444 of 63,208
I got a pair of the Jabra 65Ts today, but unfortunately the left ear piece constantly cuts in/out. Sometimes if I position it right and keep my head very still facing forward it's fine, but as soon as I look to my right or move much it'll cut out. Not sure if it's defective or if my head's full of magnets. Otherwise it seems pretty good. The pass-through sound creates an audible hiss at high volumes and they do create some ear pressure, but overall quite nice beyond the connection issues. Deciding whether to exchange them or go with something like the Beoplay.

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #445 of 63,208
I saw quite a number of China branded, full-wireless IEMs going for <$50 with good reviews. just wondering if anyone here has tested any chinese models and care to share how it compares to the major brands (like sony/beoplay etc)?

IMHO I won’t go with Chinese true wireless IEMs. Too many things can go wrong and if the connection is not reliable it’s frustrating.
Factory refurbished Jabra Elite Sport is going for $109 on Amazon - awesome deal for a very good item with a rock solid connection. I know it’s more than double that what you wanted to spend but it’s well worth it.

There is also these: they look like like rebranded PSB TW1 which is really odd.
Reviews are good too :
http://www.avantree.com/truly-wireless-earphones-avantree.html

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #446 of 63,208
I got a pair of the Jabra 65Ts today, but unfortunately the left ear piece constantly cuts in/out. Sometimes if I position it right and keep my head very still facing forward it's fine, but as soon as I look to my right or move much it'll cut out. Not sure if it's defective or if my head's full of magnets. Otherwise it seems pretty good. The pass-through sound creates an audible hiss at high volumes and they do create some ear pressure, but overall quite nice beyond the connection issues. Deciding whether to exchange them or go with something like the Beoplay.

They are most likely defective, with that being said I have a feeling based on review and feed that thr connectivity of the Jabra Elite Sport is more stable.
I would do an exchange if I were you.
The Beoplay are not perfec and according to a coworker they have somethings super annoying - the sound and especially vocals are louder on the left side.
He had tested 3 different pairs, all of them had this issue.

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #447 of 63,208

Hi, I would exchange them, I think you got a faulty set of the 65t. My 65t have been rock solid, I have been running them hard in all the different environents I can think of, im trying my best to make them flinch, no problems with connection, they sound great to boot, It Really is a good all rounder true wireless. I also have the jabra elite sport and they also have great connection and sound.

If you want cheap simple with great connection truewireless go with jams ultra, sound wise they are heavy on the bass, but the connection is the best I have heard and I have seen them in best buy around 79.00

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #448 of 63,208
Thanks for the replies! I'll try an exchange first and see if it fixes the issue. Someone on Amazon was saying these both connect to the phone, but that doesn't seem right? I'd think it would show up as two devices if that were the case.

Mar 24, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #449 of 63,208

Users who are viewing this thread

Back