Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #421 of 62,452
Can u imagine an ultimate ears true wireless! Plantronics gotta have something in the works, since they are taking so long, it' gotta be something great!

Things I want:
6 hours battery
On board memory like iconx
At least 4 or more charges from cradle like apple ipods
Water proof like jabra, iconx
Solid bluetooth connection like iconx, jams, apple
Touch sensitive controls, that include volume controls, not just pause, skip, answer calls. Like iconx, and I believe b&o e8 not sure.
Fitness app like jabra and iconx
Great sound quality with a fun sound signature for gym use. Haven't found one that I absolutley love the sound yet
And lastly a nice app with a nice eq like jaybirds

My Samsung's cover alot here, especially the controls they are so good. I just wish they sounded a little better, they don't Sound bad at all, but I think my Sony and jabra have a sound signature that I like better.

The future is going to be all wireless including CIEM once companies figure out how to overcome the technical barriers.
I honestly don’t know much about Platronics, I had their headset Bluetooth at work for a few years and that’s about it.
Possibly brands like Jabra and Platronics can sell their Bluetooth modules to other brands since their connectivity is excellent and in general very reliable.

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #423 of 62,452
how does the Jabra 65t sound compare to the Jabra elite sport? please give details.

Mar 20, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #424 of 62,452
Currently running samsung iconx 2018, jabra elite sport and Sony wf1000x, I have some money to burn anything new coming out? I wonder when Plantronics is gonna come out with some true wireless.

Also I can never get a solid seal with my jabra elite sports the stems seem short compared to my sonys and samsungs. Is there any tips to get a better seal?
I have the same issue with the Jabra Elite Sport. I've tried different tips, and there are a few that work better, but overall, it's still short. Mine have been just sitting and collecting dist, unfortunately. I wonder if the 65t suffers from the same short stem. I've tried a few other Jabra products and always seem to have fit issues. I've also tried the Jabra Elite 25e and even the largest ear tips are too small. I have a lot of experience with Sony, which tends to fit me well, and I'd say I'm M to L ear tips, depending on the design. The hear in 2 (WI-H700), I'm M ear tips, but on the MDR-XB50BS, I'm L. Mostly, it has to do with if they are going deeper in my ear and will rest in there, or if they will be a bit on the outer edge of the canal and secured by fins.

For me, the WF-1000X is attractive because I know the fit is going to be solid (I've tested them, but haven't listened to them at length), so for an isolating solution, those are at the top of my list. I like the Bose SoundSport Free, but I ended up returning them. Even though they sounded a little better than my SoundSport Wireless, I still felt I was duplicating what I already have for $200, given I have no real issues with the SoundSport Wireless' comfort or performance (as a semi-open solution).

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #425 of 62,452
I went to Best buy last week to check out the jabra elite 65t but they were completely sold out. I went in today and none on shelf, boooo!!! but the sales guy found one for me in the back from a fresh shipment, yippie!

All I have to say is...... WOW! Really nice job jabra. Right off the bat these sound great! Lots of separation between instruments, lots of air, very open, very good bass, loud and very clear. Another thing i like is they felt very light on ears, they feel alot like my sony wf1000x in that regard.

They fit my ear fine but I had to twist them a little more than others to find the right angle to get a good seal. They have all the controls i want including the all important volume buttons but i still wish they would have used touch sensitive controls like samsung, physical buttons just cause u to jam the buds deeper in your ear canal and sometimes doing this removes a good seal causing you to adjust again and this will cause fatigue overtime. At least the buttons are softer than the jabra elite sport. The charging case is really cute, very small, nice shape, feels good in hands and she has multiple charges in her, nice. Even the little leds on the case light up nicely with a breathing effect when charging. I have not played with app or the ambient sound stuff yet but I will soon. I wonder how much more weight the jabra elite 65t sport version will have versus this one and if the extra features will drain battery any faster. Anyway this is a great true wireless in ear, it might be the best yet.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #426 of 62,452
I’m very interested. Jabra 65t vs Elite sport vs Bose Soundsport Free comparison will be ideal if anyone has all three.

I’m fairly satisfied with the Elite Soort and I like the sport app and the heart rate monitor.

A few reviews mention some connectivity blips with the 65t which I was surprise to see since the Jabra Elite Sport has bulletproof connection based on my personal experience.

More impressions will be great.
Seems like Jabra has come up with a very solid product.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #427 of 62,452
I have Elite sport and soundsport free. Also tried 65t.

For best comfort, but with sound leakage, best battery life take bose. I use this during jogging, where a little sound leakage is acceptable.

Elite sport is not as comfortable, but has decent isolation. The earpiece stems are very short, so there may be fit issues. I use this in the gym. If I use bose at the gym, the sound leakage is unacceptable.

I tried 65t briefly. It is not so different from elite sport. Build quality is not as good but has better battery life, and slightly slim down. It still has short stem so potential fit/seal issues may still exist like the elite sport. The audio quality is close to elite sport.

Bose and elite sport connectivity both quite good for my use case. There are brief disconnections and dropouts, but not so bad. Did not test 65t for connectivity. Audio quality probably bose the best, but I think they are all very good for active usage.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #428 of 62,452
I have Elite sport and soundsport free. Also tried 65t.

For best comfort, but with sound leakage, best battery life take bose. I use this during jogging, where a little sound leakage is acceptable.

Elite sport is not as comfortable, but has decent isolation. The earpiece stems are very short, so there may be fit issues. I use this in the gym. If I use bose at the gym, the sound leakage is unacceptable.

I tried 65t briefly. It is not so different from elite sport. Build quality is not as good but has better battery life, and slightly slim down. It still has short stem so potential fit/seal issues may still exist like the elite sport. The audio quality is close to elite sport.

Bose and elite sport connectivity both quite good for my use case. There are brief disconnections and dropouts, but not so bad. Did not test 65t for connectivity. Audio quality probably bose the best, but I think they are all very good for active usage.

That’s awesome, thanks for the info.
I have the Jabra Elite Sport, Bose Soundsport Free had the PSB TW1.
Luckily I was able to find a good fit with aftermarket ear tips for the Elite Sport.
Bose has a nice sound but the design lets so much noise in that’s it’s ridiculous.
I live in a very busy city and 90% of the time I reach out to the Jabra Elite Sport for that reason.
Another thing that bothers me with Soundsport Free is phone calls. The mic isn’t that good outdoors and the voice coming from the right side is frustrating.

Was wondering if the 65t has better sound quality than the Elite Sport.
I had 2 pairs of Elite Sport, one of them sounded muffled and bassy while the other one is nice, balanced and crisp with good bass.

The PSB, IMHO has the best sound quality though.

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #429 of 62,452
Luckily I was able to find a good fit with aftermarket ear tips for the Elite Sport.
Bose has a nice sound but the design lets so much noise in that’s it’s ridiculous.
I live in a very busy city and 90% of the time I reach out to the Jabra Elite Sport for that reason.
Another thing that bothers me with Soundsport Free is phone calls. The mic isn’t that good outdoors and the voice coming from the right side is frustrating.

I had 2 pairs of Elite Sport, one of them sounded muffled and bassy while the other one is nice, balanced and crisp with good bass.

what don't you like about the PSB's?

Mar 21, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #431 of 62,452

I only had a brief couple of minutes with the 65t. I thought it was slightly better than elite sport – with slightly better clarity and less bass but difference was not great. If you already have elite sport I don’t think its worth the upgrade just for that reason alone.
You mentioned that you tried other ear tips for the elite sport. Which ones did you use? I generally use medium size but use the largest with the stock silicon. When I tried some other brands (spiral dots, spinfits) and have them attached to the ear pieces, they would not fit in the case. So even though they give better seal they were no good. I only use silicon not foam.

Mar 21, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #432 of 62,452
ATTENTION
I DID NOT SEE THIS ANYWHERE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS, MAKE SURE WHEN YOU OPEN THE CASE OF YOUR JABRA ELITE 65T YOU SQUEEZE THE SIDES OF THE CASE WITH YOUR POINTER FINGER AND THUMB TO HELP RELEASE LID WITH YOUR FINGERNAIL, IT MAKES IT MUCH EASIER TO OPEN, DO NOT JUST FORCE IT OPEN WITH YOUR FINGER NAIL. I THINK THIS PART COULD WEAR OUT OVER TIME FORCING IT OPEN AGAIN AND AGAIN.

The sound signature of the Jabra elite sport and Jabra elite 65t are different. Jabra elite sport is more powerful and hard hitting, stronger bass I think. The Jabra elite 65t still have lots of bass but not has hard hitting, it has more composer and finesse but still very nice. the sound is very open and lots of separation compared to my other headphones, my Sony wf1000x sound similar in this department. these do get very loud no issues there. the 65t build is much lighter than the heavy duty build of Jabra elite sport. the 65t fit is looser and doesn't go in your canal as deep as the sport elite but they don't fall out either where the elite sport goes deep and the fins lock you in. the features on the 65t are very nice in the app, one feature lets you choose to auto pause the music when you remove ear buds or not, this is nice because I am burning them in some and checking battery life so I let them play non stop. you also have a full eq that works, nice. If I have one little niggle about this set is they are a little hard to grab and they are very slippery coming out of the case and a little weird to put back in the case, they don't just fall in place like others buds I have, you have to play with it to get them in correctly, with practice it should get easier. maybe a little texture or rubberized finish would help here. I haven't tried out any calls yet that's nextmy list. one weird thing happened this morning I was listening to them extensively last night and this morning they would not connect or pair with my phone, I had to redo the whole blue tooth pairing process again. Another little thing I wish it was all black, I like the stealth look...

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #433 of 62,452
ATTENTION
I DID NOT SEE THIS ANYWHERE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS, MAKE SURE WHEN YOU OPEN THE CASE OF YOUR JABRA ELITE 65T YOU SQUEEZE THE SIDES OF THE CASE WITH YOUR POINTER FINGER AND THUMB TO HELP RELEASE LID WITH YOUR FINGERNAIL, IT MAKES IT MUCH EASIER TO OPEN, DO NOT JUST FORCE IT OPEN WITH YOUR FINGER NAIL. I THINK THIS PART COULD WEAR OUT OVER TIME FORCING IT OPEN AGAIN AND AGAIN.

before i purchased the 65t, i watched a few video reviews - the reviewers do mention this.

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #434 of 62,452
I only had a brief couple of minutes with the 65t. I thought it was slightly better than elite sport – with slightly better clarity and less bass but difference was not great. If you already have elite sport I don’t think its worth the upgrade just for that reason alone.
You mentioned that you tried other ear tips for the elite sport. Which ones did you use? I generally use medium size but use the largest with the stock silicon. When I tried some other brands (spiral dots, spinfits) and have them attached to the ear pieces, they would not fit in the case. So even though they give better seal they were no good. I only use silicon not foam.

I normally use medium size tips, the problem for me with the tips that come with the Jabra Elite Sport is that they are too thin, so while the large tips provide acceptable seal it’s far from being ideal.
I currently use small size tips that came with Mee Audio IEMs.
They have a very soft yet beefy stem that provides excellent fit for me without being uncomfortable.
I usually prefer IEMs that go deeper but I have no fit issues with the Elite Sport.
They are very sensitive to tips and proper tip is crucial more than any other IEMs that I have had over the years.

EDC3BBF9-2830-4FDD-AA40-711E3DABABCB.jpeg

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #435 of 62,452
I am starting to look at more after market tips. I brought the new comply tips made specifically for true wireless buds and they look way too small to me, I use large tips but they only come in a standard size. anyone knows if comply will take them back if I try them and they don't fit?
I am also looking at other tips like spinfit and spiral dot tips they get good reviews, any other tips I should look at?

now back to the Jabra 65t, pretty great so far, but some small things to note 1) when I hit the pause button its very slow to pause feels like a second or two, my other head sets are much quicker almost instantaneously. 2) something happen today I dropped my charging case on my kitchen table from about chest height and everything just opened and flew out in different directions! so be very careful dropping the case in a bad area like near a sewer drain or you will lose your ear buds. now to the good stuff, battery seems like it lasts for ever, I don't know why but it feels like they last longer than my Samsung iconx 2018, and they also seem like they charge a lot faster than my iconx 2018, not sure because I did not time it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back