Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 9, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #46 of 62,300
I saw something called NuForce BE Free 8 on some Japanese sites:
http://www.e-earphone.jp/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=000000154608

Looks interesting and NuForce should know how to make it sound good. Curious to try them out.

My problem is that nothing fits my crooked ears :)

I tried Bragi Dash Pro and thy didn't fit at all. Was rather disappointed. I'm hoping maybe Earn M2 will do, given that they are tiny and the insertion is a bit different.

Tried AirPods but the sound was meh and isolation poor.

Google Pixel Buds look interesting and are the tether between them looks OK (given that there's nothing on it, no buttons or pods).

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #48 of 62,300
Early impressions seem to suggest a V sig that’s ahead of the pack in SQ, again doesn’t look particularly impressive for sport as regards to secure fit. The few impressions I’ve read all seem to state a frequent drop out in connection, maybe it’s just that pre release models, let’s hops so but from an SQ position look promising.

Oct 9, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #49 of 62,300
There was an interesting set of earphones that had ear-hook design and were targeted at sporty audience. But I can't find it right now. They had Kickstarter or Indiegogo recently. Truly wireless and the "trick" was that the part behind the earlobe would be magnetically attracted to the part in front for a secure lock. Cool idea. I didn't order a pair because I want high-end SQ rather than sporty fit.

EDIT: can't find it anywhere. Maybe it failed and got scrubbed of the internet? Or just can't dig it up.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #50 of 62,300
Sol Republic Amps Air? Couple of the reviews I’ve read seem pretty favourable. Maybe we need a definitive list of options available and whether they’re worth a look or best avoided.

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #52 of 62,300
^^ Agreed, if SQ is the only concern why bother with wireless, too many trade offs for next to no advantages apart from thinking it looks futuristic and cool, just imo.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #53 of 62,300
I tried a bunch of the first round of true wireless including bragi, Samsung, onkyo and some kickstarter types. The SQ on all of them was a major compromise even from normal BT so I stopped buying them and settled on the elite sport as the best of a mediocre bunch. I'm excited for improvements now that the big players are getting involved. Really excited about the Bose.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #54 of 62,300
Skybuds, Doppler Labs, so many new options I keep finding, there are far more than I first thought.

Oct 12, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #58 of 62,300
I received an email from them this morning stating that the black version is now available in stores and online. I can’t find any reviews on them with regards to sound and connection over BT. Anyway, Inwant a sports version, which they say it isn’t designed for.

Bought some cheap Oycsc S2s from Amazon uk as a temporary set until What Inwant is available on the market within 6-12mths. They haven’t dropped connection once. Some of the companies that are releasing true wireless that have dropouts, should open them up to see how they do it. The sound is okay, but using the equaliser in Spotify, they’re quite good. For £40, I can’t complain.

Check them out via a review on YouTube. Search for Diglot S2. They’re exactly the same as the ones I have.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #59 of 62,300
I just picked these billboard truewireless buds in a Burlington store for 20.00! Not too bad, they get very loud, louder than my iconx, they have strong highs and mids, ok bass, but doesn't go very deep, icons go deeper. keeps decent bt connection so far, no charging case, not sure how long they really last gonna test them today. The funny thing is I can't fiind any information on them but they look alot like these. I hope they battery last as long as the ones in the video.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #60 of 62,300
I just ordered some Sol Republic Air Amps, got them dirt cheap from Hong Kong so worth a punt. From reviews they sound like they could be enough for me until something amazing comes out in the future. I’ll post general sound, fit and connection impressions here when they arrive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back