Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 12, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #61 of 61,356
My bose just arrived. First impressions are that these are the real deal. If you have used Soundsport Wireless then you are basically getting those in a true wireless form factor. I am a big fan of the Soundsport sound signature. Punchy bass and fun. These sound virtually identical. Biggest concern is that I had multiple pairs of Soundsports fail due to sweat. Bose replaced 3 sets for me last year. I hope these are designed to withstand sweat better. I actually have hope because there is no open USB on these which is always the fail point on these. SQ is the best I've heard on true wireless to date that includes Bragi, Airpods, Onkyo and others. These are the first pair I've heard that don't feel like a compromise on SQ. I'll give Bose a lot of credit here. The fit and finish is superb. The case feels solid and the earphones snap into place via magnet so no fumbling around to ensure they connect. They connected to my phone immediately. These are worth the money. Even if the beoplays sound better, the lack of waterproofing is a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #63 of 61,356
Connectivity issues? How do they fair when you walk around (particularly outdoors). Any dropouts?
haven't gotten that far with them yet. Will report back. The PC Mag review was positive on this front. Not like bose to release something half baked (and I'm not a bose fan per se).

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #64 of 61,356
Thanks. Look forward to hearing your experience. If they're anything close to the claimed 5 hours + 10 hours charge, they'd work well for me.

Would also love to hear whether they have any lag or are suitable for watching movies.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #65 of 61,356
If Bose didn’t screw Europe I’d own these now but alas I can’t buy another Bose product after this nonsense, how it takes 6 months to ship to a distributor in Europe is beyond me but that’s a matter for a different day.

They were always going to be good, for now I’ll have to wait till some of the other big manufacturers release something of note.

Glad you’re liking them! Seems like the ones to beat then atm.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #66 of 61,356
I certainly don’t want to derail a good thread but any customers waiting for these in Europe please message Bose and say they’re quite frankly taking the P*** out of you. I asked the question and basically got a message back that said the US is they’re biggest market and that’s what they care about, then stated some non existent EU law as a reason it takes 6 months to extend sales here which is non sense. Spend your money on a company that wants your business is my advice.

Gets off soap box and continues to enjoy the impressions.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #67 of 61,356
Ok, first run through with the cheapie bill board truewireless. Battery lasted roughly an 11/2 hour. Gonna charge them again and run through a second time. Highs and mids are strong, has bass but not strong nor deep, just enough, they can get really loud. At high volume not a fun signature too cold and sharp, lower volume its ok. Ill keep them as gym back up if anything.

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #68 of 61,356
I certainly don’t want to derail a good thread but any customers waiting for these in Europe please message Bose and say they’re quite frankly taking the P*** out of you. I asked the question and basically got a message back that said the US is they’re biggest market and that’s what they care about, then stated some non existent EU law as a reason it takes 6 months to extend sales here which is non sense. Spend your money on a company that wants your business is my advice.

I'm not fan of Bose customer service. I preordered these the first day they became available for an "early October" delivery.

Bose could definitely step up their customer service. When I inquired about my preorder, they gave me some nonsense about a first batch and second batch and my order was in the second batch set to be delivered in 4 weeks. I pressed them on it noting I preordered on Day 1 and further noting that I don't think any "first" batch orders were delivered to anyone since there are virtually no reports of anyone having these. Eventually, a supervisor got involved and said that was a mistake and 3 to 4 weeks was for new orders only. Definitely some nonsense. Sucks about the EU.

Oct 12, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #69 of 61,356
^^ couldn’t agree more, business decisions are one thing and that’s fine but telling me non sense about an EU regulation that simply doesn’t exist is ridiculous to me, someone better tell all the other US and Japanese manufacturers that seem to be able to either simultaneously release or at least within the same year! I mean 6 months is ludicrous and I doubt there is anyone that thinks otherwise. I just feel a bit let down not only by the actions but also the response I received. The whole every customer worldwide is just as important to Bose....... well quite clearly not.

On a better note I’d be really interested in general impressions when you know how’s you feel Clerk as you seem to be leading the pack here on opinions having tried a fair few models now.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #70 of 61,356
Were did you get the Republic Air Amps, for cheap from Hong kong?think you can post pics of the boss in your ears, from pics I have seen they seem on the large size, how long is the battery life streaming? Is it truely 5 hours? I'm looking to get these or the updated iconx due for preorder soon.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #71 of 61,356
Update: 45 minute on treadmill. Rock solid. Didn't move a mm. No breaks. Haven't tried outside. Noticed VERY slight latency on Netflix. Not too bad. Biggest issues are tied to open ear design. Lots of sound comes in which can degrade sound quality. My gym is pretty quiet so not an issue but could be for noisy commutes. Other drawback is they look positively huge. Just like regular bt soundsports. I think the blue ones will look better but they're another not out until late November. My initial opinion hasn't changed. These are the best available that I have tried. Sony and Beoplay might give these a run but not if you need sweat protection. At 249 these beat the elite sports. If elite sports are on sale then it's a closer call. Elite sports offer HR and tracking features and full isolation. Bose is SQ a and comfort.

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #72 of 61,356
Anyone looking at the new samsung iconx 2018? They are looking really good!

Oct 13, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #74 of 61,356
My bose just arrived. First impressions are that these are the real deal. If you have used Soundsport Wireless then you are basically getting those in a true wireless form factor. I am a big fan of the Soundsport sound signature. Punchy bass and fun. These sound virtually identical. Biggest concern is that I had multiple pairs of Soundsports fail due to sweat. Bose replaced 3 sets for me last year. I hope these are designed to withstand sweat better. I actually have hope because there is no open USB on these which is always the fail point on these. SQ is the best I've heard on true wireless to date that includes Bragi, Airpods, Onkyo and others. These are the first pair I've heard that don't feel like a compromise on SQ. I'll give Bose a lot of credit here. The fit and finish is superb. The case feels solid and the earphones snap into place via magnet so no fumbling around to ensure they connect. They connected to my phone immediately. These are worth the money. Even if the beoplays sound better, the lack of waterproofing is a deal breaker for me.

Would you say these are worth it for someone who has the soundsport wireless? It's hard to justify a $100 price difference just for no cable behind your neck.
I've been hoping for a wireless that isolate with a good battery and good SQ. I'm guessing there's a sacrifice somewhere and it doesn't exist yet.

Oct 14, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #75 of 61,356
Would you say these are worth it for someone who has the soundsport wireless? It's hard to justify a $100 price difference just for no cable behind your neck.
I've been hoping for a wireless that isolate with a good battery and good SQ. I'm guessing there's a sacrifice somewhere and it doesn't exist yet.

They don't offer any improvement over the regular soundsport wireless other than no wire. If you like shiny new gadgets it's worth it but fron a strictly cost benefit perspective and if you already have soundsports and like them, then no. If you were comparing both at the store then yes I think 100 is worth to ditch the wire. For me the electronics module tugs at my right ear when I run and causes the bud to slip out. So that's not an issue with the frees.

Beoplay E8 might have the solution you are looking for. Isolation and SQ minus the sweatproof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back