Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 29, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #14,401 of 62,458
A question for this thread, I own the new KZ E10 TWS and my bluetooth connection to them (from all devices) is horrendous, I mean It connects fine to everything I own so far but every single thing loses signal if its not ludicrously in front of my face or at an angle where it can see both ears otherwise I only hear one ear. I tried going outside in case of severe interference but It was at best just as bad.
I even tried disabling aptX hoping it would make some kind of difference but not really.

Maybe my ears are so big that they're covering the receivers, I don't know anymore.

Poor KZ. I don’t think they’ve ever made a single Bluetooth product that actually had a stable and reliable connection. They’ve been releasing Bluetooth stuff for years now, and are at least on their 7th or 8th product now.

Seriously, they should have plenty of experience by now to get their act together. I just don’t get it.

FE7BF488-AA75-4F3D-8C94-574C06A69902.gif

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #14,403 of 62,458
Oct 29, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #14,404 of 62,458
Hi, I've read through several last pages of this thread but coming into the running discussion, I'm lost with my question. Hope somebody could help as I've always got great info here.
I'm currently using Magaosi K3 Pro (2017 model) with Samsung Note 9 phone. The resulting sound is sufficient for my needs, however I'm thinking of going wireless. My questions are:
1. Are there currently wireless in-ears available that would produce the same quality as my Magaosi K3 Pro? And if so, what's the price level?
2. Is there a way to turn my current phones wireless? I can see BT headbands with MMCX connectors but I have no clue about the quality of the sound produced by these.

Thanks a lot!

I used the K3 Pro with the TRN BT20 for a while. They worked great. Depending on your exact ear anatomy, you may need to reshape the ear guides with a hair dryer to get a perfect fit.

Note if you require aptX, you’ll want the BT20S. If you just need AAC, either model will work.

Another great option is the ES100. With it, you’ll be able to turn ANY of your headphones into Bluetooth. And the sound is stellar, plenty of power to drive anything under say 150ohms, the ability to choose between balanced or single ended output, and a kickass app with lots of control.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #14,405 of 62,458
Oct 29, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #14,406 of 62,458
Speaking of the trn bt20 and 20s, can anyone provide simple pairing instructions? I had to factory reset my phone and I'm dreading getting them reconnected Thanks in advance.

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #14,407 of 62,458
I bought a pair of ENACFIRE E18 the other day on a whim, reduced on Amazon so only £30. I assume they're a rebadge of something. Very pleasantly surprised actually. Sound is better than expected and intuitive to use. Need to find the right tips to get a good seal but it's potentially good.

Got a pair of the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air coming too. I think I prefer the Airpod style design, fancy trying them.

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #14,408 of 62,458
Reviews on the AirPod Pro are not pushing the needle for me. I had them in my shopping cart, but just removed them. Several reviews indicate there is more bass on the current generation of AirPods. Those of you like a flat signature may enjoy these, but if you're not part of the Apple ecosystem, may as well go with the Amazon Echo Buds with dual Knowles BAs. "Neutral" and "flat" are words that make me cringe. :p

https://www.t3.com/news/apple-airpods-pro-review
upload_2019-10-29_10-53-9.png

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #14,409 of 62,458
This passage "As well as noise isolation from the ear tips, AirPods Pro has active noise cancellation as well. The further good news is that Apple's ANC is really good; it cuts back city-centre traffic to barely a murmur in the background, and the rumble of being on the Tube is almost gone, with a just few higher-pitched noises slipping though (as is often the case with active noise cancellation)." from https://www.t3.com/news/apple-airpods-pro-review is pretty intriguing as I wouldn't have been able to write the same about the Sony WF-1000xm3 or the Libratone Track Air+...

Oct 29, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #14,410 of 62,458
Reviews on the AirPod Pro are not pushing the needle for me. I had them in my shopping cart, but just removed them. Several reviews indicate there is more bass on the current generation of AirPods. Those of you like a flat signature may enjoy these, but if you're not part of the Apple ecosystem, may as well go with the Amazon Echo Buds with dual Knowles BAs. "Neutral" and "flat" are words that make me cringe. :p

https://www.t3.com/news/apple-airpods-pro-review

Really? The two i watched said there was more bass than the original due to the seal.

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #14,412 of 62,458
Please help me understand why anyone would want this or the old version.

1) They are gigantic compared to many other options on the market and you end up looking like you have straws in your ears.
2) The battery life is only 5 hours at best, which is about a 1/3 of other options.
3) The sound quality is average at best.
4) The price is near the top of the market.

The only reasons I can see to buy this is that maybe it somehow pairs quicker than other options due to the proprietary tech and maybe it has a good mic. All in all though if those are the priorities, get a Jabra 75t. I just don't get it, it feels like the only reason to buy these are because sheep like their routine. An Apple earbud has no place on an audiophile forum.

1) Not really, and they're actually a bit smaller than the older airpods. Most TW buds have their own quirks. I feel like Frankenstein when I wear the Senn MTW, but at the end of the day I don't give a crap what they look like. Function > fashion.

2) Dude, WHAT. I don't think any true wireless bud has a 15 hour battery life. Most are 3-6, so that's a total BS point.

3) I mean we don't know what the SQ is like since they're not even out yet, but no one's expecting audiophile quality from Apple buds. People get them for the convenience as well as "ecosystem-only" features that you can't get with any other bluetooth buds.

4) Nope. These are obviously meant to compete with Senn's MTW, Audio Technica TW, B&O E8, Sony TW, MW07, etc. All of which are between $230-350 or so, and almost all of which also don't have ANC like the Airpods.

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #14,413 of 62,458
1) Not really, and they're actually a bit smaller than the older airpods. Most TW buds have their own quirks. I feel like Frankenstein when I wear the Senn MTW, but at the end of the day I don't give a crap what they look like. Function > fashion.

2) Dude, WHAT. I don't think any true wireless bud has a 15 hour battery life. Most are 3-6, so that's a total BS point.

3) I mean we don't know what the SQ is like since they're not even out yet, but no one's expecting audiophile quality from Apple buds. People get them for the convenience as well as "ecosystem-only" features that you can't get with any other bluetooth buds.

4) Nope. These are obviously meant to compete with Senn's MTW, Audio Technica TW, B&O E8, Sony TW, MW07, etc. All of which are between $230-350 or so, and almost all of which also don't have ANC like the Airpods.

Most 2019 true wireless earphones using the latest qualcomm BT chipsets (qcc302x, qcc 303x, qcc 5100) claim 9-10 hours. Some like the creative outlier gold claim up to 14. In the case of the golds I'd say its roughly true. And the mavin air x (at least on the right side, since the other on my set is defective) gets about 8-9 of its claimed 10 hours

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #14,414 of 62,458
Most 2019 true wireless earphones using the latest qualcomm BT chipsets (qcc302x, qcc 303x, qcc 5100) claim 9-10 hours. Some like the creative outlier gold claim up to 14. In the case of the golds I'd say its roughly true. And the mavin air x (at least on the right side, since the other on my set is defective) gets about 8-9 of its claimed 10 hours

Well damn, I haven't really poked my head in here since the Senn/Audio Technica/MW07 releases a year or so ago. Crazy how much has changed in a year.

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #14,415 of 62,458
I have maybe 15-20 pairs of headphone for all sorts of listening pleasure. The OG AirPods became my everyday pair because they were just so simple to use. Not on, no off, no hassell. Just put them in your ear and go. In quiet areas they sounded decent too. They were no audiophile headphones but when the surrounding were subdued, i thought they sounded good. And for calls they are a no brainer.

now with ANC, and better passive NC, they could be real winners. Best pair, probably not, but best all round and convenient? Probably

Users who are viewing this thread

Back