Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 19, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #13,772 of 62,586
I got a used Anbes 359 on Ebay and just compared them to my SSK using the same spiral dot tips and they are not identical. The SSK is tuned warmer/darker and has more bass (quantity and punch). The difference in bass is very noticeable. I much prefer the SSK, as the Anbes is light in bass for my taste. The SSK sound more dynamic, energetic, and alive. However, when I switch from the Anbes to the SSK, the bass can be slightly too much, making them sound less clear.

Both are good though!

But others have said theirs sound exactly the same. The difference could be anything from eartips to manufacturing variation.

So who is right?

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #13,773 of 62,586
Nope. The thought didn’t even occur to me. However I use the TM2 with my FifEar Titans which are pretty large customs so I do end up using that giant cavity in the case.

NOW i can confirm, you can take the whole out (destroyed the case) and put everything in a much smaller case. I might need to find a more elegant way to charge them but for now, I'm happy.

20191019_000412.jpg 20191018_233410.jpg 20191018_230348.jpg

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #13,774 of 62,586
Hard to resist. There really is an end to this particular journey? Fooled me, haha.

Whats going to wind up happening is (much like most universals) these will not fit in my ear and i'll have one-eye open looking for the next vendor to create a solution that fits me needs and hopefully my ears. But for wireless? I just want a nice pair that fit me and sound good. I don't need much more than that from a TWS. Now, in a few years, if the tech picks up and they are rivaling the big boys. It may be time to decide the future.

I hope this doesnt turn into my obsession with flashlights. Every 3-4 years i get the itch and buy the latest emitter (in neutral white) and then 3 or 4 more shortly after.

:)

Oct 19, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #13,775 of 62,586
Thanks for the testimony. How would you describe the sound signature. Flat, bass heavy, V shaped?

The Mavin's have a surprisingly wide range (for a bluetooth headphone) and appear to be fairly flat to my ears and don't tend to favour low end to much. The sound signature really reminds me of the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's although perhaps a little more congested when the music gets busy.

I have a fairly embarrassing collection of bluetooth headphones including the Sony WH1000XM2, Apple Airpods, SoundPeats and the BT Transfer from Status and the Mavin's sound easily as good as the Transfer's and definitely more accurate than the others I've mentioned.

I did have problems getting a good fit when I first got them - care need to be taken to ensure you equalise the air pressure in your ears - once you've done this the sound really opens up.

The only couple of issues that I have is that the case could be more solidly made (the case on the Airpods is really well made) and the sound tubes are somewhat fat and don't really work with this party tips because they just slip off too easily.

The Marvin's have effectively stopped me from purchasing the Sony Noise cancelling earbuds - I would be very surprised if the Sony's sound anywhere near as good as the Marvin's.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #13,776 of 62,586
Hi there, I need experts. I'm confused by all the different threads and offers.

I'm looking for wireless earbuds for commuting that I can quickly use to listen to music or audiobooks if I've got a bit of time.
They should have decent music quality, I like KEF. Main purpose is to be able to quickly use them, no cables, no hassle.
They should also work when I'm commuting with my bike.

What are my options (regardless of budget) and what features do I need? I noticed some have noise cancellation, others can pass through
noise, etc?

Can the Chifi products hold up with the more expensive ones, like the Sony?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #13,777 of 62,586
Whats going to wind up happening is (much like most universals) these will not fit in my ear and i'll have one-eye open looking for the next vendor to create a solution that fits me needs and hopefully my ears. But for wireless? I just want a nice pair that fit me and sound good. I don't need much more than that from a TWS. Now, in a few years, if the tech picks up and they are rivaling the big boys. It may be time to decide the future.

I hope this doesnt turn into my obsession with flashlights. Every 3-4 years i get the itch and buy the latest emitter (in neutral white) and then 3 or 4 more shortly after.

:)

I simply must know - what's the best compact flash light with a red led mode? You may have just ignited an itch in another person for the first time..

I'm enjoying the MW07+ sound quality so far. Admittedly more "neutral" than my ideal - want a bit more bass emphasis (but it is quality). I'm treble sensitive - so it gets me on me songs - but nothing a little eq won't fix.

I want a firmware update to make them louder - but it doesn seem like that's possible? I'd gladly trade battery life for 2 more volume notches.

I think that for many of you, given the impression I have of your music preferences - these will be a top notch TWS in SQ (and the go variant)

Oct 19, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #13,779 of 62,586
Does anyone of you have both the Mpow T5/ M5 and the Lypertek Tevi? I’m very interested what the differences are.

Meanwhile, yesterday was a crazy day. Published reviews on the Pamu Slide (avoid), Aukey T16S (too expensive), Edifier TWS1 (very okay) and Earfun Free (quite nice actually). Then arrived home and saw the KZ E10 and Nillkin Go on my doormat. :p

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #13,780 of 62,586
NOW i can confirm, you can take the whole out (destroyed the case) and put everything in a much smaller case. I might need to find a more elegant way to charge them but for now, I'm happy.

Very brave of you! Don't think I'd be doing that to my TM2 cradle anytime soon.

Oct 19, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #13,782 of 62,586
Does anyone of you have both the Mpow T5/ M5 and the Lypertek Tevi? I’m very interested what the differences are.

Meanwhile, yesterday was a crazy day. Published reviews on the Pamu Slide (avoid), Aukey T16S (too expensive), Edifier TWS1 (very okay) and Earfun Free (quite nice actually). Then arrived home and saw the KZ E10 and Nillkin Go on my doormat. :p

Your life sucks! :)

btw, why don't you get those Bonola ANC? I really like 'em, but also really curious how other ears perceive them. Both in sound & ANC I could barely be any happier (and I got them for like 32.59$ )

Also hoping that your KZ E10 has no technical issues. Really enjoying mine.

Oct 19, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #13,783 of 62,586
Can the Chifi products hold up with the more expensive ones, like the Sony?
Thanks for your help!

IMHO yes, I have some ChiFi buds that blow my Sony SP700N out of the water ... but then again, this can be very subjective, depends on your preferences, which aspects are important.

Take a look around scarbir.com for a pretty comprehensive look at what's out there right now and what's recommended. The author is @Bartig who is also active here.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #13,784 of 62,586
Your life sucks! :)

btw, why don't you get those Bonola ANC? I really like 'em, but also really curious how other ears perceive them. Both in sound & ANC I could barely be any happier (and I got them for like 32.59$ )

Also hoping that your KZ E10 has no technical issues. Really enjoying mine.
Well, it does distort and drop when walking... and it’s my least comfortable pair of wireless earphones of all 60. But yeah - the sound is very clear and quite good. Only been listening to it for around 15 minutes so far though.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #13,785 of 62,586

Users who are viewing this thread

Back