Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 24, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #12,196 of 62,485
Question:

I am trying to find the right wireless earbuds for me. I prefer them to be small, with good sound, and good battery life. Also, I don't believe in Chi-fi, so sticking with known brands, which ones would you get? The Sony WF-1000XM3 has great sound but is out because they are too big. Same goes for the M&D MW07, Sennheiser Momentum, Klipsch T5, Audio-Technica ATH-CKS5TW, and Cambridge Audio Melomania. The Jabra 75t is out because of bad sound quality. And the Rowkin Bit, Libratone Track+, and Earin M2 are out because of poor battery life.

At the end of my search I seem to arrive at the Creative Outlier Gold. It has very good sound (not the best but very good), a 14 hr battery, it is fairly small compared to most of the competition, and as a bonus it has a good price at $99.

So, if small, good sound quality, and great battery life are the main concerns, is there a better choice than the Creative Outlier Gold?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #12,197 of 62,485
So, if small, good sound quality, and great battery life are the main concerns, is there a better choice than the Creative Outlier Gold?

Seems like a good choice. Perhaps B&O E8 would be an option. As an aside, I - like you - used to be a nonbeliever in chi-fi but I have changed my mind. There is a ton of value in the chi-fi space. And all the innovation is occurring there. So I wouldn't just write it off - keep an open mind.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #12,199 of 62,485
Seems like a good choice. Perhaps B&O E8 would be an option. As an aside, I - like you - used to be a nonbeliever in chi-fi but I have changed my mind. There is a ton of value in the chi-fi space. And all the innovation is occurring there. So I wouldn't just write it off - keep an open mind.

I don't write it off because I assume that they are all terrible, I write it if because most seem to be shopping there for a 'good value'. I'm sure there a few diamonds in the chi-fi space, but most of it is pure crap, even some of the models that are constantly talked about here. I don't care about a good value, I just want something great. If I could get the size of the Earin M2, with the battery of the Creative Outlier Gold, and the sound of the 1000XM3, I would pay a $1,000 for that in a hearbeat.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #12,200 of 62,485
Has anyone here tried both the sabbat e12 and tranya t3 ?? Which one would you say has more thumping bass ?? My brother wants one for the gym that is reasonably loud and has gr8 bass even if it gets a lil overpowering

I've not tried the E12, but the T3's have plenty of bass but it never gets overpowering. If you want a true beater TWS with a ton of bass, try the Tiso i4 - they do get overpowering in the bass department. The benefit is the i4 are dirt cheap so you won't feel bad if you lose them / destroy them.

As for volume - IMO they all go plenty loud enough to cause hearing damage, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I think the i4's do go a little louder, but I'll not really willing to put either to the test in my ears :ksc75smile:

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #12,201 of 62,485
I don't write it off because I assume that they are all terrible, I write it if because most seem to be shopping there for a 'good value'. I'm sure there a few diamonds in the chi-fi space, but most of it is pure crap, even some of the models that are constantly talked about here. I don't care about a good value, I just want something great. If I could get the size of the Earin M2, with the battery of the Creative Outlier Gold, and the sound of the 1000XM3, I would pay a $1,000 for that in a hearbeat.

Everyone here enjoys good quality music - there are very few truly crappy TWS, and most of the ones discussed here have their own unique sound profile (which is the same for the $200+ TWS club too). I have a couple that I swap between for different reasons... Feeling like thumping bass? I go for the Tranya T3. Feeling like listening to mellow Jazz or classical or just want to focus on the vocals? I go for the Shanling MTW100 with the BA drivers. Etc... There's always choice in this space and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

And if all you want is the absolute best sound you can get from a pair of TWS.... Then go for the TRN BT20/BT20s and add in your own IEMs. This pairing will give you better sound than any of the "big boys" can hope to achieve.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #12,203 of 62,485
All about the KZ but TRN has this one, T200...
20190924052822185.jpg

Hf65c426ed03a4bdd9be7bbd9ea702a78J.jpg

Anyone order??

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #12,204 of 62,485
I just got an iPhone 11 pro and have noticed that the incoming call quality on earphones is now horrible -- very robotic, metallic sounding -- really very very bad. Anyone else experiencing the same thing, or do I have a faulty phone? The call quality otherwise (on the handset) is fine.

Edit: I've now tried several earphones and the problem exists on all Bluetooth 5 earphones -- so it's certainly not the earphones, it's the phone. Grrr.
Are you serious?! WHAT?! What phone did you have before?

Has anyone here tried both the sabbat e12 and tranya t3 ?? Which one would you say has more thumping bass ?? My brother wants one for the gym that is reasonably loud and has gr8 bass even if it gets a lil overpowering
The Tranya! And it offers a great, engaging soundstage over the big fat bass as well.

20190924052822185.jpg

Anyone order??
Yes, me.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #12,205 of 62,485
Are you serious?! WHAT?! What phone did you have before?

The Tranya! And it offers a great, engaging soundstage over the big fat bass as well.

Yes, me.

Yes, I'm serious. I had an iPhone Xs Max and I upgraded to the 11 Pro Max (facilitating a lot of hand-me downs among extended family members). The Xs Max worked fine, but the 11 Pro Max has incredibly bad/unusable incoming call quality over TWEs. I've checked on several TWEs. Right now I'm upgrading to iOS 13.1, which was just released. We'll see if that fixes anything. (I had previously rebooted, reset network settings, and reset to factory defaults -- all without any improvement.) The problem is either in the OS, in the design of the phone, or in my specific headset. If upgrading to 13.1 doesn't help, the next step is to exchange the phone.

Edit: The problem resolved when I upgraded the phone to iOS 13.1. Phew.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #12,206 of 62,485
And if all you want is the absolute best sound you can get from a pair of TWS.... Then go for the TRN BT20/BT20s and add in your own IEMs. This pairing will give you better sound than any of the "big boys" can hope to achieve.

This 1000 times over. But he/she wanted small size and good call quality so trn is out.

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #12,207 of 62,485
Question:

I am trying to find the right wireless earbuds for me. I prefer them to be small, with good sound, and good battery life. Also, I don't believe in Chi-fi, so sticking with known brands, which ones would you get? The Sony WF-1000XM3 has great sound but is out because they are too big. Same goes for the M&D MW07, Sennheiser Momentum, Klipsch T5, Audio-Technica ATH-CKS5TW, and Cambridge Audio Melomania. The Jabra 75t is out because of bad sound quality. And the Rowkin Bit, Libratone Track+, and Earin M2 are out because of poor battery life.

At the end of my search I seem to arrive at the Creative Outlier Gold. It has very good sound (not the best but very good), a 14 hr battery, it is fairly small compared to most of the competition, and as a bonus it has a good price at $99.

Creative Outlier Gold is a good choice. I have them and love them. No complaints, except for maybe inclusion of touch controls. Other than that, they are excellent, especially at for the price.

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #12,208 of 62,485
20190924052822185.jpg

Anyone order??

39€ on AE, could be interesting. It seems to have MW07 type winglets.

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #12,210 of 62,485

Users who are viewing this thread

Back