Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 24, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #12,181 of 62,079
Sep 24, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #12,183 of 62,079
Sep 24, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #12,184 of 62,079
KZ just made it official on Twitter:

I know I will order as soon as available ... just take my money! I am such a sucker for KZ !!!
Apparently it have 3 different colour.
IMG_20190924_223309.jpg

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #12,185 of 62,079
So will these be AliExpress only for the beginning or will KZ get these over to Amazon US. Is 10/8 the presale start date or the actual release date? I need these in my life.

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #12,189 of 62,079
any info of what the battery life will be like?

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #12,191 of 62,079
I just got an iPhone 11 pro and have noticed that the incoming call quality on earphones is now horrible -- very robotic, metallic sounding -- really very very bad. Anyone else experiencing the same thing, or do I have a faulty phone? The call quality otherwise (on the handset) is fine.

Edit: I've now tried several earphones and the problem exists on all Bluetooth 5 earphones -- so it's certainly not the earphones, it's the phone. Grrr.

Edit 2: Apple released iOS 13.1 this afternoon, and I upgraded -- and the problem is now gone! Phew!!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #12,192 of 62,079
I just got an iPhone 11 pro and have noticed that the incoming call quality on earphones is now horrible -- very robotic, metallic sounding -- really very very bad. Anyone else experiencing the same thing, or do I have a faulty phone? The call quality otherwise (on the handset) is fine.

I'm curious to see where this discussion leads - I have a Blackberry Key2 - and for some reason my call quality is horrendous (similar to what you describe) when calling one particular individual (gf) - she insists everyone else can hear her fine, but for me it is like two packets of foil decided to go to war inside a kickdrum.

On another note - I, like another user on this forum, recently gave in to try the TRN BT20s (and I got the TFZ No.3 as a two-pin IEM to try them with):

The TRN BT20s is much smaller and more comfortable than I imagined - and even with a relatively cheap IEM - these things blow most of my TWS out of the water for sound quality and, dare I say it, even comfort/style (I don't mind the hearing aid look vs the frankenstein pop-out and flashing LEDs).

So, what's the catch? The BT20s is seemingly unusable for call quality - I tested leaving myself a voicemail and it seems the behind the ear mics really struggle to separate my voice from the background and so I sound as though I am under water - and most of my consonant sounds are lost to a muddy warbling.

Anyone have a different experience with the BT20s? Particularly, anyone have a different experience with the BT20s mic or the Fostex adapters' mic?

Now this behind the ear thing has be eyeing those KZ's but otherwise I think I'm waiting until something else emerges that has:

1) Great audio quality leaning toward dark tonality with powerful mid/sub-bass.
2) Great mic for calls.
3) 4+ hrs battery life.
4) Ideally some water resistance (plan to move where it rains a lot/daily).

Some of you fine gentleman are doing all the testing of the ChiFi for me - so let me know what new gems arise and I'll be on the lookout for the KZ E10 thing, the MW07+ and Go, and anything else toward the top of the line for SQ and calls (and no, I don't want the 65t for calls). lol

Great time to be in the hunt.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #12,193 of 62,079
When you say incoming calls on earphones, do you mean over Bluetooth or the lightning port the stock wired earbuds use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back