Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 20, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #12,078 of 62,454
Sabbat E12 Ultra is 55$ on Drop. Ships October 23 though...
https://drop.com/buy/sabbat-e12-ultra-bluetooth-iem

I was thinking of getting it off GearVita or another site (shipping to Canada)... Aliexpress isn't cheap at all right now.

I recall Shanling posting here their proposed button controls and they confirmed no volume controls. They were reluctant to use single-presses in case of accidental touches.

I'm wondering what's up with MIFO? They teased an O4 a few months back but there's been no news since then. It uses the same basic design and features (ambient sound, Qi charging and Type C) as the Shanling.
Ultras are also available on eBay for arnd 51 52 usd. Also saw some cool camo color options for the buds. Thinking of getting one myself.

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #12,079 of 62,454
Ultras are also available on eBay for arnd 51 52 usd. Also saw some cool camo color options for the buds. Thinking of getting one myself.
Yeah, I'm just not sure what shipping they're using... Wouldn't mind ePacket but after my experience with getting a dud Sabbat E12 on Aliexpress, I don't think I can take the risk again. I hope Amazon.ca can fullfill them soon but that usually takes a long time after release, and it will likely be under a third-party/grey-market seller at a higher price.

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #12,080 of 62,454
Yeah, I'm just not sure what shipping they're using... Wouldn't mind ePacket but after my experience with getting a dud Sabbat E12 on Aliexpress, I don't think I can take the risk again. I hope Amazon.ca can fullfill them soon but that usually takes a long time after release, and it will likely be under a third-party/grey-market seller at a higher price.
Pretty sure it will be shipped via epacket...my experience with chinese shipments hasnt been too bad so I guess i 'll take my chance...considering there is a 30 usd price diff bw amazon and eBay and I want those green camos

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #12,081 of 62,454
Spent the past few days using the Jade Audio EW1 and I'm still very impressed. I gave some brief initial impressions a few pages back and not much has changed. Connectivity is very good, but not perfect. Not as many drops as I feared from my past experience with the Outlier Air and some other standard BT headphones.

The controls are so not intuitive to me. I can't keep straight whether pause is with two taps, or a long tap. And I swear that sometimes, neither method works for me. I just end up taking the buds out of my ears so I can have my conversation. I like that I can control the volume, although when I answered a call earlier, they were at max volume for some reason.

Bass is still not very strong, but everything else is good. Right earpiece still doesn't fit as well in my right ear as the left, so I'll look into Comply foam.

20190920_224900.jpg 20190920_224921.jpg 20190920_224949.jpg

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #12,082 of 62,454

On the plus side they have the "two-tap" volume control like the Anbes 359

Whoot? My Anbes have vol control? Gosh, I can't keep up which TWS have and which not (and how) ... I just feel for the vol buttons on my phone in my kidney pouch.

BTW, on this morning's run I also felt that thumping somehow stronger than usual ... still they are somehow my go-to buds for running ...

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #12,083 of 62,454
after my experience with getting a dud Sabbat E12 on Aliexpress
me too. mine is dead on one side after only using it for two days.

Sep 21, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #12,085 of 62,454
me too. mine is dead on one side after only using it for two days.
Guys, where did you order your E12 from? Coz I had a dud as well from SHZONS store, and they were less than helpful resolving the issue. They played the long game with ‘send picture’ ... ‘send video’ ... ‘no we can’t watch YouTube’ ... anyways, after 2 weeks of that they expected I still had the envelope & packing materials!!!

A2FBFE6D-BD0F-47F9-96D2-EB66217C7554.jpeg

... that’s when I talked to AliExpress support directly and eventually got my money back.

wouldn’t be surprised if you ordered from them as well. What was your outcome? Dispute? Resolved? I had so far overall very good experiences with the dispute system. Sometimes they seem to be a bit ‘hard of hearing’ ... but sometimes they understand that there is no way to send proof (like I had one earbud getting seriously hot when in operation...)

Sep 21, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #12,086 of 62,454
Guys, I am so fed up with faulty/poorly made TWS earphones, is there ANYTHING that is adamant about quality and which is not too expensive? Tranya T3 are good? I'm just tired by now, I've been posting here since May and I haven't found a single pair which was okay, besides my QCY, but as I told you the right earphone volume turned very low.

Sep 21, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #12,088 of 62,454
Sep 21, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #12,089 of 62,454
Guys, where did you order your E12 from? Coz I had a dud as well from SHZONS store, and they were less than helpful resolving the issue. They played the long game with ‘send picture’ ... ‘send video’ ... ‘no we can’t watch YouTube’ ... anyways, after 2 weeks of that they expected I still had the envelope & packing materials!!!

... that’s when I talked to AliExpress support directly and eventually got my money back.

wouldn’t be surprised if you ordered from them as well. What was your outcome? Dispute? Resolved? I had so far overall very good experiences with the dispute system. Sometimes they seem to be a bit ‘hard of hearing’ ... but sometimes they understand that there is no way to send proof (like I had one earbud getting seriously hot when in operation...)

i got mine from DKG3C Electron Store. but the dispute experience was almost the same as yours. they even tried to convince me to settle it outside AE via paypal, but i had read somewhere that it can end up that they pull the fund back from our paypal account.

after a long back and forth, i settled for 50% refund

Sep 21, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #12,090 of 62,454
i got mine from DKG3C Electron Store. but the dispute experience was almost the same as yours. they even tried to convince me to settle it outside AE via paypal, but i had read somewhere that it can end up that they pull the fund back from our paypal account.

after a long back and forth, i settled for 50% refund

I had that several times that sellers tried to settle out of the AE system by paypal 'it's faster' ... and they wanted to me to cancel the dispute ... in those cases I immediately report them and copy all conversation to the dispute police .. has worked well so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back