Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 20, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #12,046 of 62,436
hey guys. i'm enjoying the sennheiser more than the Sony but the battery life is killing the fun. can some one recommend me a pair of earbuds to pair with a TRN bt20? i'm not particular familiar with the IEM scene. budget will be under $300. Many thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #12,048 of 62,436
Same shell as the E12/KZ1 ? Also it seems they are the first ChiFi TWS with an aware mode ?

Sep 20, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #12,049 of 62,436
hey guys. i'm enjoying the sennheiser more than the Sony but the battery life is killing the fun. can some one recommend me a pair of earbuds to pair with a TRN bt20? i'm not particular familiar with the IEM scene. budget will be under $300. Many thanks!
I am using the very inexpensive CAA C10 paired with my BT20 and the combo sounds superb despite the pocket change cost.

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #12,051 of 62,436
Re the Shanling, not sure about amazon. They referred me to their US distributor a couple of weeks ago but there was some issue between them that wasn't yet resolved. They said they should be available soon but it's been a week with no response. Hopefully Shanling can respond here and advise as this looks like a nice product.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #12,055 of 62,436
Just got the Nillkin Go. Initial impressions are great bass, amazingly clear mids, and extended highs with good imaging.

I do have one criticism though. The sound is very W shaped. I feel like they don't sound very congruent. They bother me a little bit right now. It might change with burn in but I am not a fan of this sound. It sounds a little fake.

They remind me of the RY4S UE for the earbud guys. The timber just doesn't sound right.

I plan to bring them to the in-laws this weekend as my only buds. My impressions might change after a thorough listen, but so far they are not anywhere near dethroning the Nuarl buds as my favorite TWS.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #12,056 of 62,436
got the ofusho 16, really not a fan of the touch controls especially in combination with being waterproof because the water will activate the touch controls. At least the waterproofing seems to be real because I got in the shower with them. I'm surprised they're quieter than my other buds, but maybe I need to change tips for a better seal. AptX is always nice though.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #12,057 of 62,436
got the ofusho 16, really not a fan of the touch controls especially in combination with being waterproof because the water will activate the touch controls. At least the waterproofing seems to be real because I got in the shower with them. I'm surprised they're quieter than my other buds, but maybe I need to change tips for a better seal. AptX is always nice though.

Better than having to push buttons in your ear....but I get it

Sep 20, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #12,058 of 62,436

Seems very good for the price, features like ambient mode, wireless charging and IP rating for that price. Tese are the first budget True Wireless I'd consider buying. The main question is which version you should go for, I guess if you like V-shape you'd pick the Dynamic Driver?

For the price you can excuse the lack of Aptx, EQ, app settings etc.

Judging from the pictures they don't seem to stick out much from the ear, so looks pretty comfy.

Also, there's no mention of any volume control? Surely they can't have missed a simple feature like that?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #12,059 of 62,436
I bought Balanced Armature Driver. Shipped and waiting...

I hope an excel sound from Shanling.

I think there isnt volume control but it is not big problem for me.

Seems very good for the price, features like ambient mode, wireless charging and IP rating for that price. Tese are the first budget True Wireless I'd consider buying. The main question is which version you should go for, I guess if you like V-shape you'd pick the Dynamic Driver?

Judging from the pictures they don't seem to stick out much from the ear, so looks pretty comfy.

Also, there's no mention of any volume control? Surely they can't have missed a simple feature like that?

Sep 20, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #12,060 of 62,436

One common user comment I saw repeatedly on a Chinese shopping site was that the earpieces may not fit into the charging case when large ear tips are used.

I guess Shanling chose ambient mode over volume control. With only touch and no gesture, there are not many reasonable options to distinguish the different desired actions (e.g. single tap, double tap, hold. 3 or more taps and other forms of tap/hold combo can be difficult to perform).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back