Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 11, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #8,537 of 62,586
Hello all,

I’ve found so much helpful advice on this thread while searching for really good but reasonably priced TWE’s. Thank you all for that. I do have a question I’m hoping someone familiar with the Mifo 05’s may be able to answer. I purchased the Standard edition of the Mifo 05’s and really like them except for two things. 1) The max/loudest volume on them is not quite loud enough for me, mainly when I’m outdoors. 2) I feel like even with the large variety of tips, I’m not able to get the tips deep enough for a really good seal. So, my questions are: 1) Does the Professional model have a higher max/loudest volume than the Standards I currently own? Also, any opinions as to which set is better in terms of overall sound quality and listening experience especially related to rock music? I know one model is dynamic driver and the other balanced armature but in terms of real life usage, I’d love some opinions as to which model people prefer and why. 2) Does anyone know of any aftermarket silicone (not really a fan of foam) tips that will fit the Mifo’s as well as the case? Again, mainly seeking ones that will go deeper in the ear than the stock tips and will hopefully create a better seal. Will any of the Spinfit tips fit the buds and case?

One last question, what exactly is the difference between the Mifo 05’s and 07’s. Seems like there’s lots of hype on the 05’s (as well as being sold everywhere) but not much info or availability on the 07’s. Has anyone tried them out, and if so, what did you think of them?

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #8,539 of 62,586
Jul 11, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #8,540 of 62,586
Hello all,

I’ve found so much helpful advice on this thread while searching for really good but reasonably priced TWE’s. Thank you all for that. I do have a question I’m hoping someone familiar with the Mifo 05’s may be able to answer. I purchased the Standard edition of the Mifo 05’s and really like them except for two things. 1) The max/loudest volume on them is not quite loud enough for me, mainly when I’m outdoors. 2) I feel like even with the large variety of tips, I’m not able to get the tips deep enough for a really good seal. So, my questions are: 1) Does the Professional model have a higher max/loudest volume than the Standards I currently own? Also, any opinions as to which set is better in terms of overall sound quality and listening experience especially related to rock music? I know one model is dynamic driver and the other balanced armature but in terms of real life usage, I’d love some opinions as to which model people prefer and why. 2) Does anyone know of any aftermarket silicone (not really a fan of foam) tips that will fit the Mifo’s as well as the case? Again, mainly seeking ones that will go deeper in the ear than the stock tips and will hopefully create a better seal. Will any of the Spinfit tips fit the buds and case?

One last question, what exactly is the difference between the Mifo 05’s and 07’s. Seems like there’s lots of hype on the 05’s (as well as being sold everywhere) but not much info or availability on the 07’s. Has anyone tried them out, and if so, what did you think of them?

Thanks so much in advance!

I'm not sure if the professional model will be louder. No one here has both that I'm aware of, but YouTube reviewer Gamesky does. Try messaging him on YouTube.

And the professional model doesn't have as much punchy base, but it's a much clearer sound. So it depends what you're interested in.

Why are you looking at mifo O5 specifically?

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #8,542 of 62,586
I have no clue. Did not even know the O4 existed till you said the Shanling are the same so i looked it up. Probably will be out soon.

Seems they look a little different, but may be just differences in photos. I did notice the mifo O4 has ambient mode. So I'm curious what chipset it's using.

Seems both mifo O4 and Shanling MTW100 are getting released soon. Can't wait!!!!

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #8,543 of 62,586
First mifo O4 review is here.... In Thai.... Lol

Here's what I could get from Google translated screenshots

- Double-tap, play or pause the song - Double-tap, answer or end the call
- Press and hold 2.5 seconds thto turn the microphone on / off (use when listening to music)
- Waterproof IPX7
- 6 hours
- If the headset box is included, the battery can last for 20 hours
- ambient mode
- wireless charging

Looks like only good improvements over the mifo O5.

What do you guys think of that Chrome look?

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #8,544 of 62,586
First mifo O4 review is here.... In Thai.... Lol

Here's what I could get from Google translated screenshots

- Double-tap, play or pause the song - Double-tap, answer or end the call
- Press and hold 2.5 seconds thto turn the microphone on / off (use when listening to music)
- Waterproof IPX7
- 6 hours
- If the headset box is included, the battery can last for 20 hours
- ambient mode
- wireless charging

Looks like only good improvements over the mifo O5.

What do you guys think of that Chrome look?

no volume control?

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #8,546 of 62,586
my anbes 359 came in a black box and are excellent!

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #8,547 of 62,586
Hi friends!

So a few months ago I pulled the trigger on a pair of 359s at the recommendation of this forum. What a steal, I love the way they sound and they're super comfortable with a great seal with comply tips. I'm extremely happy with them and they blew the qcy t1c out of the water.

The only trouble I've ever had with them is the seemingly inconsistent volume. I'll take them out of the case and connect to my phone (galaxy s8), and they'll be less loud and punchy at a given volume setting (say, 2/3) than I remember them being. When I unpair the primary side and then re pair it with my phone, set the volume to where it was before, and play my music, the volume difference is very noticeable. Anyone know why this happens and what I can do so I don't have to unpair and pair them every time?

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #8,550 of 62,586
The Andes 359 that I received came in a completely different box. I don't have nine anymore, but it looked like the one in this photo. Did yours come with that bag too?
71pR2xkYN3L._SL1500_grande.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Wonder if we need to start using the boxes as part of the identifiers for good quality IEMs.

That is the same box the 2 pair i've bought came in from amazon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back