Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 11, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #8,521 of 62,124
I’ve just put my hands (and ears) on them since they hit today my inbox.
First impression about mic quality (I’m quite picky with that since I’m looking to use TWS also to make business calls) is good. I made a test call to my girlfriend and been speaking with her for neraly 15 minutes. She said I sounded good, no problems to understand what I was saying.
I also have left a voicemail to myself and sounded ok as well. Both tests I did them on a quiet place. Need to test how well they pick up my voice with some background noise (I don’t expect them to be very good at cancelling it, truth be told),but so far I’d say they’re functional and get the job done. :smile_phones:

Definitely, MUCH better mic than the Sabbat E12 (the other TWS) I owned.

Isolation is also pretty good in my opinion.

For the SQ part, I need to test them more and and go through some burn in. First impression is that they may have a bit less volume than the E12, but, gosh, those are a difficult enemy to beat in my opinion.

Let’s see how they unfold, but I’m happy so far

Thanks very much for the detailed reply. I was disappointed with the mic of the E12. The X12 Pro mic is pretty decent, even in a noisy environment. I look forward to your inputs in a noisy environment. Thanks in advance.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #8,522 of 62,124
Hi guys,
I'd like to compile a list of TWE's and give the ability for ranking based on "crowdsourced" feedback/rating/popularity (gotta get that buzzword in there :-D)
Do you mind to provide your input into your favorite 3-5 pairs based on the below criteria? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to clutter up this thread.

TWE brand and model:
Rating out of 5 (high) + couple words if necessary
Build quality:
Connection:
Sound quality overall:
Highs:
Mids:
Lows:
Soundstage:
Mic/call quality:

If you can include "do not buy" models too would be great so we can easily ignore certain items, such as pretty much anything by Bluedio for example.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #8,524 of 62,124
How’s the mic between them?
359 is fun v shape but t3 is more fun right?
I prefer more balanced fun
I'm not sure what you mean by fun. To me the 359 is really exciting, the T3 is more laid back in the mids and has quite a bit more bass and the treble is a touch thinner, but I prefer listening to music on the 359's, the soundstage is just huge. The T3 is great, different and it's fun for Bass driven music. As for the Mic, i'm not sure i've been using the T3 all day and haven't had any complaints, I don't think the mic on the 359's is anything special, but I don't really know.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #8,525 of 62,124
So is Anbes 359 supposed to have a thick-sounding subbass or is it supposed to be a tad rolled off? I recall reading one of the OEMs saying the sound is achieved mostly through Realtek EQ rather than the driver, so it seems like imbalance could be a screw-up of this setting. Sometimes fiddling the seal or wearing wide-bore tips (which also compromise the seal) will "kill" the bass a bit and balance it out slightly, but overall the imbalance is more noticeable than even the Jabra 65t... The right bud still has a lot of clarity and volume, it's just missing a chunk of bass.

Another difference is that on Coolhere UFO you hold the left or right buttons to change volume rather than double tap (which instead skips the track. I find this less convenient than if it was double-tap. It could have been a revision by the OEM, but still gives me further doubt about the legitimacy.

Long story short, don't purchase from anything other than "official" stores. What threw me off was that Anbes Official's listing is "ANBES Mini Bluetooth Earphones TWS Stereo Wireless Sports Headphones Noise Cancelling LED UFO Design Headset with Charging Box" so it doesn't show up when you search "Anbes 359". Doesn't look like Anbes Official does epacket so I'm not sure how long that would take. Sometimes "Direct" stores are managed by the same person (eg. Wavefun Direct and Official, the same person replied to my inquiries), but I wouldn't risk that either.

You bought from Anbes Audiocart, correct?

I feel sorry for both you and me, because I will probably receive the same rebrand stuff too, I'll open a controversy as soon as I receive them, probably.

Ps. I sent a message to their store, asking whether the pair I will receive will be a rebrand or not, this is annoying as bees, they could specify that, when I buy a product I ask for what I paid money for, jeez.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #8,526 of 62,124
i misplaced my Anbes 359 for a couple of days and went back to QCY T1C. Whilst they're good, the Anbes sound better, fit more comforably and are lighter. I was mighty pleased to find the Anbes last night. I'm going to order another pair.
Now I'm wondering with Prime day fast approaching in the UK, whether splashing a lot more on Galaxy sound buds, TWS etc will really get me a much better sound for the money ?

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #8,527 of 62,124
That MPOW T5 looks like the same OEM as the Lypertek TEVI. And thanks for the quick impressions!

s-l1600.jpg
I don't think it's the same.
The Tevis got AptX and 10 hours battery life. The Mifo is "just" AAC and 6 hours?
(check specs here: https://www.lypertek.com/product-page/lypertek-tevi-truly-wireless-earphones)

Jul 11, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #8,529 of 62,124
You bought from Anbes Audiocart, correct?

I feel sorry for both you and me, because I will probably receive the same rebrand stuff too, I'll open a controversy as soon as I receive them, probably.

Ps. I sent a message to their store, asking whether the pair I will receive will be a rebrand or not, this is annoying as bees, they could specify that, when I buy a product I ask for what I paid money for, jeez.

Yes it was Anbes Audiocart. If you do receive it, there's still a chance you won't get the imbalance defect. It only took about 2 weeks to ship to Canada, despite the seller telling me "it might take 30-60 days".

The box it came in simply said "True Wireless Earbuds with a "Dream Sport" logo. There was some slight wear and tear around the box. The back of the box is largely blank with some certification signs, "made in china" and "MODEL: BE30". Inside, it contains the earbuds/case, additional large and small eartips (which seem like a different design from the medium ones fitted on the earphones), and a Coolhere UFO manual. The only thing indicating Anbes 359 was on a barcode sticker on the shrinkwrap. Oddly, the Coolhere UFO, at least from late 2018 doesn't have this box either.
20190711_014938.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #8,530 of 62,124
Yes it was Anbes Audiocart. If you do receive it, there's still a chance you won't get the imbalance defect. It only took about 2 weeks to ship to Canada, despite the seller telling me "it might take 30-60 days".

The box it came in simply said "True Wireless Earbuds with a "Dream Sport" logo. There was some slight wear and tear around the box. The back of the box is largely blank with some certification signs, "made in china" and "MODEL: BE30". Inside, it contains the earbuds/case, additional large and small eartips (which seem like a different design from the medium ones fitted on the earphones), and a Coolhere UFO manual. The only thing indicating Anbes 359 was on a barcode sticker on the shrinkwrap. Oddly, the Coolhere UFO, at least from late 2018 doesn't have this box either.

The Andes 359 that I received came in a completely different box. I don't have nine anymore, but it looked like the one in this photo. Did yours come with that bag too?

71pR2xkYN3L._SL1500_grande.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Wonder if we need to start using the boxes as part of the identifiers for good quality IEMs.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #8,531 of 62,124
Can anyone recommend a decent wirless IEM to use in the gym with a slight emphasis on bass? Also relatively easy to get in Australia

I'm looking at the sabbat e12 atm. A bit hard to get though here. As are the mifo O5

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #8,533 of 62,124
do the t5 have aptx? can somone compare the mpow t5 with the anbes 359 and the tranya t3, this looks like my next purchase.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #8,534 of 62,124
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #8,535 of 62,124
I don't think it's the same.
The Tevis got AptX and 10 hours battery life. The Mifo is "just" AAC and 6 hours?
(check specs here: https://www.lypertek.com/product-page/lypertek-tevi-truly-wireless-earphones)

They're not. They're also tuned differently. Though the MPOW does have APTX.

Tevi graph - https://www.0db.co.kr/REVIEW_0DB/719395

MPow T5 graph - https://www.0db.co.kr/index.php?mid=REVIEW_0DB&page=2&document_srl=691410

It's kind of like the similarity between the Sonicast Direm and the QCY T1S. Though, if anyone knows how to get the Sonicast Direm in the US, please let me know!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back