Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 30, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #7,156 of 62,474
I use a smartwatch to control the volume and tracks for Spotify on the anbes 359 and it's quite a good experience. The default mode on the watch when Spotify is playing is to show the current track, so all I have to do is click my wrist and the controls are activated.
Thought it might help others who are experiencing that awkward button pressing in ear problem

May 30, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #7,157 of 62,474
I use a smartwatch to control the volume and tracks for Spotify on the anbes 359 and it's quite a good experience. The default mode on the watch when Spotify is playing is to show the current track, so all I have to do is click my wrist and the controls are activated.
Thought it might help others who are experiencing that awkward button pressing in ear problem

What watch do you have?

May 30, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #7,159 of 62,474
I’ve been looking for a TW that fits all of my wants: touch controls, ambient mode, great sound with some extra bass, usb-c, possibly multi-device connections, etc... A few come close, but miss.

To keep me waiting and patient, I picked up the Sabbat E12 and the Anbes 359. The anbes has a really good quality of sound and one of the best sound stages I’ve heard in an iem. I love the bass response too. They are impressively small and decent in terms of comfort, not great, but decent. The earbud controls are the most unintuitive ive used. Not only that, they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable to operate. It’s like jamming the earbud into my canal just to play or pause. Are there any 359 clones with touch controls?

The Sabbat E12s are incredibly comfortable and much smaller than they look from the pictures. Overall the sound is pretty good and I really like it. The bass really kicks hard and there is a ton of it. There is a decent bit of mid-bass bloat that bleeds into the mids leaving the lower mids sounding a touch muffled. Detailing is decent and soundstage is fine, but next to the anbes, soundstaging is unimpressive. Overall I really enjoy them, but I am a bass junkie. The buds themselves are some of the most comfortable earbuds I’ve ever worn. All other earbuds I’ve ever used require constant adjustment or quick fatigue, but so far not these. The click controls are significantly more comfortable to operate than the anbes. I imagine it’s because of the shape and the bud filling most of the ear. This leads the pressure being distribute along the ear and not just the canal. I also really like the styling of these. I got the silver chrome which looks nice and the shape is reminiscent of custom IEMs or something from Aurisonics.

As far as my TOTL TW earbud, I want something with the sound of the anbes, the call quality of the AirPods or Jabra 65t, ambient pass-through, touch controls, and usb-c. The MTW seems like the best option so far, but issues leave me wanting to wait. Maybe the Bose 500 this year will fit the bill. Any recommendations for now?

Also, any ChiFi TW that offer a decent ambient pass-through mode?
I've been looking at the Sabbat E12, but due to mixed reviews and high cost for Chi-Fi, I've not yet pulled the trigger. Sound-wise, would you say they are a less detailed, more bassy version of the Anbes 359? What about call quality? I know they tout 4x mics (2 for noise reduction), but some report calls are not that great. I find the Anbes 359 pretty decent for calls.

May 30, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #7,160 of 62,474
It's a Huawei watch 2, it didn't cost much and I found wear os infinitely better than the Samsung galaxy watch (they I sent back)

Good tip and good to know. I have an Apple Watch and am very happy with the Spotify app and it’s controls. It definitely works well enough. I suppose the big issue would then be for answering calls and having to push the button. They work, but still a pain. I might return them, but I really do enjoy the sound quality and I got them for $30 on sale from amazon.

I've been looking at the Sabbat E12, but due to mixed reviews and high cost for Chi-Fi, I've not yet pulled the trigger. Sound-wise, would you say they are a less detailed, more bassy version of the Anbes 359? What about call quality? I know they tout 4x mics (2 for noise reduction), but some report calls are not that great. I find the Anbes 359 pretty decent for calls.

That is exactly how I would describe the e12. There is more bass presence and the mids are a little recessed and muddled. Separation, detail, and soundstage are much superior on the 359. Having said that, they are easy to listen to and they can get really loud. Call quality seems to be acceptable so far. I made one phone call with some background noise with no issue and did some voice recordings. Seem about on par with 359. For the added price, you get significantly better comfort (seriously wow), easier and more intuitive controls, and wireless charging which works perfectly. No comment on long term reliability, but so far so good. FWIW, I bought mine on eBay from a US seller for about $57, so I save a few bucks over amazon. The seller accepts returns for 30 days too. Probably easier to return through amazon if you don’t like them, but still a good price. Overall I’d say the price is worth it. The sound could be better, but it’s still pretty good and is a decent package deal. Plus the styling is rather cool imo.

May 30, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #7,161 of 62,474
I’m also still in the burn in phase with the e12. The more I listen, the more I am liking them. Probably gonna set them up on a 10 hour loop of pink noise later to test battery life and burn in further. Btw, did I mention for the 50th time how comfortable they are?!

May 30, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #7,162 of 62,474
Looks like the Syllable S101 will be here by next week Monday-Wed, Hopefully. I do hope these are a better or as good version of my prized Anbes 359. Stay tuned for my thoughts.
More info: https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/293089766693

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #7,163 of 62,474
I’ve been looking for a TW that fits all of my wants: touch controls, ambient mode, great sound with some extra bass, usb-c, possibly multi-device connections, etc... A few come close, but miss.

To keep me waiting and patient, I picked up the Sabbat E12 and the Anbes 359. The anbes has a really good quality of sound and one of the best sound stages I’ve heard in an iem. I love the bass response too. They are impressively small and decent in terms of comfort, not great, but decent. The earbud controls are the most unintuitive ive used. Not only that, they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable to operate. It’s like jamming the earbud into my canal just to play or pause. Are there any 359 clones with touch controls?

The Sabbat E12s are incredibly comfortable and much smaller than they look from the pictures. Overall the sound is pretty good and I really like it. The bass really kicks hard and there is a ton of it. There is a decent bit of mid-bass bloat that bleeds into the mids leaving the lower mids sounding a touch muffled. Detailing is decent and soundstage is fine, but next to the anbes, soundstaging is unimpressive. Overall I really enjoy them, but I am a bass junkie. The buds themselves are some of the most comfortable earbuds I’ve ever worn. All other earbuds I’ve ever used require constant adjustment or quick fatigue, but so far not these. The click controls are significantly more comfortable to operate than the anbes. I imagine it’s because of the shape and the bud filling most of the ear. This leads the pressure being distribute along the ear and not just the canal. I also really like the styling of these. I got the silver chrome which looks nice and the shape is reminiscent of custom IEMs or something from Aurisonics.

As far as my TOTL TW earbud, I want something with the sound of the anbes, the call quality of the AirPods or Jabra 65t, ambient pass-through, touch controls, and usb-c. The MTW seems like the best option so far, but issues leave me wanting to wait. Maybe the Bose 500 this year will fit the bill. Any recommendations for now?

Also, any ChiFi TW that offer a decent ambient pass-through mode?
Jabees Firefly comes to mind. Charges with Type C but sounds rather mediocre (only SBC), and there have been many QC complaints like battery draining abruptly.

May 30, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #7,164 of 62,474
I'm looking for a balanced signature.
I was considering KZ AS06, KZ ZS7 and CCA C10. I almost bought the CCA C10 but saw wireless QCY QS2, Rockspace EB30, Haylou GT1 and Mifa x1.

I have 30 bucks to throw away since I can't go through the trouble of replacing them once they're delivered. So I'd appreciate it if anyone can recommend me something. I don't mind if it's wired or not but the tws ones look good at that price

May 30, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #7,165 of 62,474
Jabees Firefly comes to mind. Charges with Type C but sounds rather mediocre (only SBC), and there have been many QC complaints like battery draining abruptly.

Yes I was looking at those. The mediocre sound is kind of a turn off. They looked decent overall. Thanks for the heads up on issues, I’ll have to look more into them.

I notice you have the 65t. What is your honest opinion of those, both for the features and the sound quality?

May 31, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #7,168 of 62,474
Hi all,
Been looking through this thread for last little while but can't quite see answers to my questions, hope fine of you can share in your vast experience in TWS IEMs.
I've been using Altec Lansing rebrands of UE SuperFi's (Knowles BA's} for over a decade now and love their sound - the clarity in highs and mids, the warmth of the sound with a very neutral signature, and the wide open soundstage.
Have tried them with the TRN BT20 adapters but those are quite cumbersome, hard to charge, and only have pause/play controls. Plus with my IEMs I can't even wear them properly so I look like Shrek with earrings... :-D
Have looked through many a review for 1More Stylish, Sabbat X12, etc but not sure what would be best at reproducing the sound of my UE IEMs.
Looking for:
- sound quality
- charging case, ideally USB C, ideally compact
- good controls
- good isolation (I can use my UE's as earplugs when woodworking)
- under 100ms audio sync delay
- ideally around $50 mark, but if there's something really great I'd be ok to go up to $100

Many thanks in advance for your feedback!!!

PS: I've tried TRN V80's, which I've found to have too much of a V-shaped sound profile; Xiaomi Hybrid, which I like but doesn't have the clarity or soundstage I'm looking for

May 31, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #7,169 of 62,474
Yes I was looking at those. The mediocre sound is kind of a turn off. They looked decent overall. Thanks for the heads up on issues, I’ll have to look more into them.

I notice you have the 65t. What is your honest opinion of those, both for the features and the sound quality?

Unfortunately my 65t broke after about 5 months of use. The 65t has great utility (call quality, hear-through function and button controls are good) but falls short on comfort, isolation, durability and defects/quality control. Sound quality is good but also depends on what seal you get - the large tips give the optimal seal to hear the bass for me but were also very uncomfortable as the flange would flip back in my ear. I used medium tips and could still hear the bass at home but I start losing seal once I'm commuting. The overall sound is V-shaped with an emphasis on the upper-mids and highs, without sounding sibilant or fatiguing. When I can hear the bass, it's somewhat boomy and emphasized in the midbass. Charging case still uses microUSB, unfortunately but I suspect the next version will have Type C as the 85h has it. Many users have complained about volume imbalance, clipping distortion and hissing from the left bud, which no firmware update has been able to fix (last one was in December). I have this issue but don't know if it is system-wide. The hissing is only imbalanced above a certain volume, while the volume imbalance and distortion happen regardless. The imbalance for me is slight (it sometimes "settles down" slightly after a few second of playback), but recently my right earbud died down in volume significantly. Sometimes pushing it into my ears cause the volume to come back briefly - I suspect the driver or internal connection has become damaged - I was noticing driver flex on the right bud out of the box.

Astrotec S60 (BT4.2) is my daily driver now but I'm considering getting the S60 BT5.0, Sabbat E12 or Anbes 359. I'm wondering how's the volume of E12 and 359, although I suspect my Note 9 is keeping the volume low on the S60 (it sounds very loud through my laptop).

May 31, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #7,170 of 62,474
2nk2on5.jpg

Pretty bright sounding. Ample bass for a balanced armature driver. Buttons are a tad tiny. LED doesn't light up when in use.

Edit: the led does blink very briefly at about 7 seconds intervals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back