Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 21, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #7,021 of 62,573
What’s the practical implication of this, if any? Is it a limitation or a feature? I can’t decide.

My guess?

Thinking about it from an engineering perspective, the majority of the population is right handed. Holding your phone in your right hand, keeping it in your right pocket, etc.

Also, despite a few exceptions, the majority of countries around the world have left hand drive vehicles. This means your phone will be in the cup holder on the right side, on a dash mount usually located on the right hand side (ie center) of the dash/windshield, etc.

Making the right one the master gives them the best statistical chance of the best connection.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #7,022 of 62,573
No I would say you're right in your perception. Having tried the Sony WF1000x, WFSP700N, the B&O E8 and now the Audio-Technica ATH-CKR7TW, I find that I have issues in getting a good seal with them. I think due to the nature of truly wireless earbuds, the shape of our ears become more important. Like right now with the ATH-CKR7TW, they are highly dependent on having a good seal to sound good, which requires me to use the 3D loops which creates a tight fit. But then with the shape of my ears, any wings begin to hurt me after 30 min, hence why I'm trying to sell them now.
What's your take on ATH-CKR7TW? Highs, mids, lows? Latency issues? How does the mic work for calls? I can get them for $199 USD, so I'm considering.

EDIT: What also makes it compelling, is that is uses the AKM AK4375 DAC, which is also in the Radsone ES100, which I enjoy quite a bit.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #7,023 of 62,573
My guess?

Thinking about it from an engineering perspective, the majority of the population is right handed. Holding your phone in your right hand, keeping it in your right pocket, etc.

Also, despite a few exceptions, the majority of countries around the world have left hand drive vehicles. This means your phone will be in the cup holder on the right side, on a dash mount usually located on the right hand side (ie center) of the dash/windshield, etc.

Making the right one the master gives them the best statistical chance of the best connection.

The Earin M2 is a bit different as both sides are master at different times. The first unit you take out of the case and put in your ear becomes master and the second slave. About half way betwen a full discharge they then swap master/slave status to balance battery use on the 2 identical buds. Being identical also means you can put either bud in either ear and you can use just one bud as a mono headset if you want

May 21, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #7,024 of 62,573
The Earin M2 is a bit different as both sides are master at different times. The first unit you take out of the case and put in your ear becomes master and the second slave. About half way betwen a full discharge they then swap master/slave status to balance battery use on the 2 identical buds. Being identical also means you can put either bud in either ear and you can use just one bud as a mono headset if you want

Pretty cool idea.

May 21, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #7,025 of 62,573

it seems from a review I read the 1more aptx also switch master unit half way like the earin

May 21, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #7,026 of 62,573
Just got my Sabbat E12's today and i'm..... disappointed.

I must've gotten a defective one. There an imbalance of bass where is stronger and deeper in the left one and the right one feels like its not sealed correctly (ive tried multiple tips and tried to get a good seal. it fits greats, but the sound is off) and when i call someone they say theres an echo and an annoying hum sound in the background everytime i talk.

I guess I should return it or is there anyway of saving it?

May 21, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #7,027 of 62,573
Just got my Sabbat E12's today and i'm..... disappointed.

I must've gotten a defective one. There an imbalance of bass where is stronger and deeper in the left one and the right one feels like its not sealed correctly (ive tried multiple tips and tried to get a good seal. it fits greats, but the sound is off) and when i call someone they say theres an echo and an annoying hum sound in the background everytime i talk.

I guess I should return it or is there anyway of saving it?

Doesn’t everyone say to avoid the E12? I swear I’ve read nothing but complaints about it.

May 22, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #7,032 of 62,573
The hype for E12 has been all over YouTube, not on this site or Reddit. Here it seems Anbes 359 has more hype, but not sure what's a fast and reasonable shipment to Canada. I'm also considering Creative Outlier Air and Astrotec S60 5.0 but I did read a Japanese review on Amazon suggesting it still has cut-out issues.

May 22, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #7,033 of 62,573
For those who has the RHA TrueConnect, may you confirm if yours charges with a Power Delivery(PD) charger? I can't seem to get mine to charge with my PD chargers, which are the Aukey or Google Pixel charger. I can get my none PD chargers to work, where they use Type A to Type C cables.
If you mean not being able to charge via Type C to Type C, it seemd to be a common issue. I suspect it is meant to cut the cost down by using such a connection, but it is disappointing because it's not as completely "future-proof" for USB type C. I'm still looking for a TWS that does charge with that (I currently don't use it though).

This site mentions RHA, Bluedio and AIAIAI not supporting PD charging in their BT headphones but doesn't elaborate on others in the list.
https://www.reddit.com/r/UsbCHardware/comments/8zb9n4/bluetooth_headphones_w_usbc_charging/

May 22, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #7,034 of 62,573
i see that I'm not the only one that had a bad experience with the E12.... still love both my X12 pro though..

May 22, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #7,035 of 62,573
That would be the X12 (or rather X12 pro).

Unfortunately they are easy to get mixed up with only a single letter designation being different.
the E 12 has quiet a few great reviews on YouTube, and no I'm not mixing them, since the X12 has that airpod style earbuds vs the E 12's IEM style tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back