Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #61,381 of 62,238
Any have their Aviot ZX1 Indiegogos actually on the way? Mine just says "label created". I was surprised to see it's UPS, must mean they are already stateside.
Same...mine says delivery tomorrow...I think 2 weeks away at least, till in~hand. The shipper is a Japanese address. They will have to pass US customs too.

I might have to become a meglomaniac too if those adapters don't work!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #61,382 of 62,238
BTW do you still have your Gemini II??. Are you using the stock tips. Found that the profile of the unit has changed the included tips do not seal as well as the Gemini I, but then I found that the tips were also a larger on Gemini I.
I do still have them. Love them. Using the stock largest tips on them and don't seem to have any issues with seal. I do still have a bunch of the gen 1 tips.

Mar 29, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #61,386 of 62,238
How comfy are these? They look rather big and heavy.
I agree...I picked a tiny(open-box), but excellent, ifi Go Blu. It is an impressive little device. Since it is Bluetooth I just put it in a pocket and go. Has a mic, but obviously can't be in your pocket to be heard.

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #61,390 of 62,238
the new cambrige audios came out of no where, anyone seen them before ? M100
They kinda just got released out of nowhere and are the hot gard to get kid on the block

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #61,394 of 62,238
Just took delivery of a set of Cambridge M100's ..... disappointing is the one word i'd use to immediately describe them from a sound perspective to me unfortunately.
The sound signature out of the box is odd. It feels really subdued and flat and like it's being held back. Bass & Sub bass doesn't extend as far as MTW3's and the whole signature lacks sparkle and space for me
The difference between M100 and MTW3 is noticeable and the Senny's are much more fun and enjoyable a listen.

The M100's are very comfortable, will give them that and it's one of the first wingless TWS's that fit with stock tips which is novel for me. I reckon i could all day with these in
But playing a couple of songs which feature quite a bright and airy / wide feel to them feels much more closed in and missing something on the M100's
The default "flat" EQ sounds frankly dull. I'm having to put a strong V eq via the app to make them approach the fun of the MTW3 but even then, just feels like something's missing. Hard to explain. Just doesn't feel right
There was a firmware update waiting in the app on first boot which i applied before doing anything else. Having the option of Matt Berry speaking the prompts is downright nuts and fun.

The build quality on the M100's is lovely. They feel solid, fit nicely and everything tangible about them feels premium.
But these are not a keeper for me - they'll be going back more than likely

I'm using Tidal HiFi+ via AptX Adaptive

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #61,395 of 62,238
I find Tidal sounds poor for much of its music esp. so called Masters.

I would try some CD Rips.

I would welcome another pair of earbuds that are not bass'd up but more neutral, that is what EQ is for.

The MTW3 sound good to me with no EQ or their new fancy tuning feature IF the source audio is good, not so good on lower quality tacks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back