Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 28, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #61,351 of 62,214
Hi guys I have what is called challenged ears my left side always the one with the problem any ear tips I tried doesn’t help only thing comfortable on my ears looks like first gen air pods without any ear tips
I saw adv making custom eat tips for air pods pro 2 how does that work ? I have ordered truimp waiting for delivery , I have b and o ex love the sound but because of this comfort issue about the return them back even comply tip that comes with it hurts my ear , is there any way to order custom ear rips without braking the bank and is that the only solution for the pain ? Please help thank you

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #61,352 of 62,214
I'm with you. I do switch to Android from time to time but the novelty usually wears off and I go back to Apple. If history is an indicator, Apple will eventually address this issue but I doubt it's high on their priority list. I could see them rolling this out with the Airpods Max 2. It will be interesting to see if they go with a Bluetooth or wifi solution. The upcoming Sonos headphones allegedly will do lossless over wifi so that's something to watch too. Wifi would work fine for me and I'd take that solution from apple. The next step will be to see if the manufactures (particularly the smaller independents) bother licensing Apple's solution. I suspect the uptake will be small and therefore we will be left with only the big boys bothering to pay up. Most likely, for the foreseeable future, the Codec game is going to belong to Android.
Apple is an 80 - 80 approach -- aim for features that please 80% of the users 80% of the time
Niche audience isn't something they've seemed to bother with as much

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #61,355 of 62,214
Hi guys I have what is called challenged ears my left side always the one with the problem any ear tips I tried doesn’t help only thing comfortable on my ears looks like first gen air pods without any ear tips
I saw adv making custom eat tips for air pods pro 2 how does that work ? I have ordered truimp waiting for delivery , I have b and o ex love the sound but because of this comfort issue about the return them back even comply tip that comes with it hurts my ear , is there any way to order custom ear rips without braking the bank and is that the only solution for the pain ? Please help thank you
🎤

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #61,357 of 62,214
1711633494215.jpeg

Half of the solution.

1711633585960.jpeg

Got come up with the other side of the equation. :)

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #61,358 of 62,214
??

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #61,359 of 62,214
IMG_1197.jpeg

I was all set to purchase a new set of TWS and had narrowed it down to Svanar and Prestige. Svanar had the preferable, more neutral tuning. But that case that won't slip in any pocket. I loved the feel of the Noble Audio Fokus Prestige. But just minor gripes. The quality of the hinge. The recessed USB-C (did you know you need an adapter to get most cables to plug in to charge the case). The low end boost was a bit much with the stock tips though I would have rolled to W1 quick enough. But at the end of the day, the little quirks meant I'll wait for the next iteration.

Mid-tier options from Sennheiser, Sony, Audio-Technica, Apple etc... I already have the TWX-9 and I'm happy with what I hear.

It seems I haven't been able to find the unicorn. Perfect connectivity, multi-point switching, lossless audio (preferably with Apple sans dongle) and human ergonomics. The apple AirPods Pro has the best functionality within the Apple ecosystem at the cost of average audio quality. Not that it really matters when you're wearing them whilst on ZWIFT or Peloton.

Open to suggestions as tow hat may be in the pipeline.

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #61,360 of 62,214
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #61,361 of 62,214
2024-03-2814.49.256936875258190364935.jpg

TW2 and adapter came. Paired with Prestige LTD. Can't complain about sound quality. You lose some of both extensions (bass and treble), less dynamics, stage feels shallower in terms of depth but overall I'd be absolutely fine on the move. TW2 are not 'transparent' to my ears.
The only problem is the fit which, due to adaptors and profiled stems/cable (?), makes all a bit uncomfortable after a short while. It puts pressure on the anti tragus area.

I'll try with different IEM's but, with regrets, I'm not entirely convinced..

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #61,362 of 62,214
2024-03-2814.49.256936875258190364935.jpg

TW2 and adapter came. Paired with Prestige LTD. Can't complain about sound quality. You lose some of both extensions (bass and treble), less dynamics, stage feels shallower in terms of depth but overall I'd be absolutely fine on the move. TW2 are not 'transparent' to my ears.
The only problem is the fit which, due to adaptors and profiled stems/cable (?), makes all a bit uncomfortable after a short while. It puts pressure on the anti tragus area.

I'll try with different IEM's but, with regrets, I'm not entirely convinced..
Try to switch in the Settings to Aonic 215, from my experience this adds more oomph to the sound.
I had tested a few IEMs with the TW2 adapters and the loss was minimal in terms of sound and imaging.

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #61,363 of 62,214
Try to switch in the Settings to Aonic 215, from my experience this adds more oomph to the sound.
I had tested a few IEMs with the TW2 adapters and the loss was minimal in terms of sound and imaging.
I've tried different settings including Aonic 215. The change in sound (wired vs wireless) is negligible in real life use (wireless). I do not mind it. I won't be critically listening on the move :wink: The change is there though but who cares. My main gripe is just the fit.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #61,364 of 62,214

I was all set to purchase a new set of TWS and had narrowed it down to Svanar and Prestige. Svanar had the preferable, more neutral tuning. But that case that won't slip in any pocket. I loved the feel of the Noble Audio Fokus Prestige. But just minor gripes. The quality of the hinge. The recessed USB-C (did you know you need an adapter to get most cables to plug in to charge the case). The low end boost was a bit much with the stock tips though I would have rolled to W1 quick enough. But at the end of the day, the little quirks meant I'll wait for the next iteration.

Mid-tier options from Sennheiser, Sony, Audio-Technica, Apple etc... I already have the TWX-9 and I'm happy with what I hear.

It seems I haven't been able to find the unicorn. Perfect connectivity, multi-point switching, lossless audio (preferably with Apple sans dongle) and human ergonomics. The apple AirPods Pro has the best functionality within the Apple ecosystem at the cost of average audio quality. Not that it really matters when you're wearing them whilst on ZWIFT or Peloton.

Open to suggestions as tow hat may be in the pipeline.
Bold to wear those Nobles while sweating on Zwift. That's Bose territory for me. Perhaps you don't sweat like a pig like me.

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #61,365 of 62,214
I've tried different settings including Aonic 215. The change in sound (wired vs wireless) is negligible in real life use (wireless). I do not mind it. I won't be critically listening on the move :wink: The change is there though but who cares. My main gripe is just the fit.
Rotating the adapters forward a bit helps. I have the same issues with some IEMs whereas the pin adapter makes the arm too long.

Something like this might help too: https://www.amazon.com/Connector-He...946&sprefix=mmcx+to+2+pin,aps,193&sr=8-8&th=1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back