Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #60,106 of 62,670
Concerning the new Aviot and the "Planar + dynamic" driver.

Does anyone know anything about this type of driver

Screenshot_2024-02-04-09-45-48-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Is it two separate drivers?

Or a 2 in 1 situation which I didn't know existed?

It is new to the outside world but it is not new to Aviot users. The same driver arrangement was used in the last generation PNK model and the results was amazing. There the DD does bass and the planar does mids and trebles. In the new generation I think the 3 extra BAs are a full range array.

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #60,108 of 62,670
Creative Aurvana Ace 2 received. Had to check out the MEMS :)
(I paid €179 because I'm in Norway with the stupid taxes)

Positives:
Sound is actually very good, with some eq'ing. Better than my MTW3s, I think. Not very good describing SQ, but full and fun sounding, detailed, deep bass, nice vocals, ok soundstage for TWS.
Sound is good with iOS/AAC, but even better with BT-W5 and AptX Adaptive.
Loud enough (With iPhone 15 Pro Max)
Fit is good. Light and sits comfortably in the ear. No noise or disturbances with movement, chewing etc.. Use some medium Spinfits, CP360 I think.
Case is light and quite small.
Controls can be customized.
App with Eq works as it should on my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Negatives:
ANC is meh.
Transparency is meh.
No auto play/pause when taking out the buds.
Touch controls are a little difficult to use. Need some time getting used to I guess.
No battery info for the case in the app.
Sound is good, but the MEMS does nothing magic IMO. Had to eq the high freq. a db or two to make them "sparkle" some more. A little dark and dull with flat.
Bass is a bit boomy.
With high volume, they actually leak a little sound.
Build quality feels plasticky and a little cheap, especially the case.
The see through case and gold colors are a little tacky (but I don't care about the aesthetics anyway :) )
When the buds are in the case, they are facing the wrong way, so you have to turn them around before putting them in the ears.... That's just stupid.

Haven't tried any calls yet, but tested a little with voice recorder.
A little tinny, but quite clear with quiet surrounding.
With crowd noise, the mic tries to isolate my voice but then it's not so clear and easy to hear.

I will still use my Airpods Pro 2 most of the time. They are even more comfortable, lighter, better on all features, except SQ.
Short update.
I think they sound even better now, again with some eq'ing. I use som Azla tips. (don't remember the type)
Noticably better than MTW3 (that I've sold now).
Use them frequently when inside and have some "critical" listening. So good SQ and comfort, I actually use them more often than my PX8 007 edition. :)
Because outside they really suffer from wind noise. :frowning2:
A little distortion from my own voice when talking on the phone (left ear with ANC on), but the ones I talk to say the call quality is good.

Otherwise my original "review" still stands. :)

Edit: Still use them mostly with the Creative BT-W5 dongle (edit2: with AptX Adaptive). Apple Music Lossless. (both from HTPC and iPhone 15 Pro Max)

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #60,110 of 62,670
anyone tried the Denon pearl pro ?
Have not heard them myself but try searching this thread for "DPP" and you should find a bunch of posts on it.

Feb 6, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #60,111 of 62,670
I spontaneously picked up a pair of the base Aviot ZX1 at Bic Camera today. Huge fan! I'm a basshead and have my Xenon 6 with iFi Go Pod as my main mobile listening solution and I want something more portable, more well rounded, to take calls with but still that give an enjoyable music experience.

The ZX1 check off the boxes and love them on first glance and happy with the find.

Comparing to the Noble Falcon Max, Noble Fokus Mystique, B&W Pi7, Sony 1000XM4, others, these are my favorite so far.

I didn't want to go with the PNC tuning because I have enough bass with the Xenon 6 and EE Legend EVO that I wanted to hear these as the flagship was originally meant to be.

Base is great, a present and appeasing bass with just a tiny bit of rumble. The soundstage is really wide (not as much depth, but enough), great detail.

UPDATE: I'm over the moon with these, maybe it's honeymoon effect, but I've tried a lot of TWS iems and these are the first that would make me consider leaving my Fir Xenon 6 w/iFi Go Pod at home for a weekend trip or something.

I'm just a casual listener that likes engaging IEMs that help me work and focus so take this with a grain of salt, but if you are a more professional reviewer - try to get your hands on these to compare them for yourself.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #60,112 of 62,670
Yeah --- i had to get 3 sets before i got a "good one" but they're bass heavy. Sound good though. Good ANC etc -- definitely lots of posts from a few months back on the DPP's

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #60,114 of 62,670
Feb 6, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #60,115 of 62,670
My favorite TWS to this date. Use them on a daily basis alongside my APP2 and still loving them. Great sound, customization and „Pro EQ“. Agree that they‘re bass heavy at first but turning down immersion mode and using the EQ in the app made them the absolute best TWS for me that I have heard so far. Would always recommend them to anyone.

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #60,116 of 62,670
Wow. Just landed in Taipei after 12+ hours flight. I've been using the Noble Fokus H-ANC 2 hours before take-off and been wearing it the whole flight until touchdown in Taipei. I checked the battery at 40% when landed :astonished:. So I've only use around 60% battery for 14 hours, granted I didn't use ANC, still 60% battery for the entire waiting and flight is amazing efficiency. Since I didn't use ANC, I boost the volume a bit more than normal at around 80-85%. I am extremely impressed.
20240207_055054.jpg

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #60,117 of 62,670
Curious about the Rose Technics Ceramics TWS so I almost bout a pair. I saw the FAAEAL version was available on Amazon as well. They call it the Sea Snail :) This one was $29.99 since on Amazon you get 25% instead of the Ceramics 20% off :)
IMG_2645.JPGIMG_2646.JPGIMG_2649.JPGIMG_2652.JPG

These are China TWS so you know they are weak on the feature set. No ANC, ambient, wireless charging, or app and the codecs are SBC/AAC. They are 5.3 and do multipoint, have a 60ms gaming mode, have a more accent free English prompts than others I have heard, and they do have a 3 mode on board EQ(Hi-Fi, Rock and Pop). They are small and light... the box says exactly 38.34 grams for buds and case. The box does say super charge so it says the charge time is approx. .5 hours but I have yet to test that out. Quick charge is 10min for 2 hours and the life is 7 hours per and 28 hours total. Comes with 7 pairs of tips in 2 styles S/M/L clear with a slightly narrower bore and S/MS/M/L black tips with purple core that are slightly wider bore and less shiny a silicone for those. Solid pack-ins that are not garbage but not the best.

These are touch control with a decent scheme. 1 tap for vol up(R) and down(L), 2 taps play/pause (R or L) tap and hold FF(R) or RW(L). 3 taps right for voice assistant and 3 taps lefts for EQ change. game mode is 4 taps R or L.

The case is fairly small but longer tips won't work so the TRI Clarion were out. I did have E-Pro Horn TWS and put those on and they work well.

My first trying them out and they are a decent pair. Fit is easy for me and comfy and certain pairs of tips can give a good seal. Shorter TWS style tips not as much iso. The touch controls will take a little getting used to for timing the taps but the touch area is concave and not too sensitive. I say set them to HiFi mode and forget it as it seems the cleanest and has good balance to start with then EQ from there. Says they have a 15mW Flagship chip. They do have enough volume headroom so that is good. The sound is well balanced and tight so they do kinda sound like they drivers are fed well enough as far as juice. They have 10mm DLC drivers and a solid presentation HiFi mode presents a well balanced W and the stage is above average and even for W x H x D and has a good rooominess between elements. Clarity is around many $30 to $50 Chi-fi wired models at this point. No complaints but not amazing. The detail is surprising. Pretty impressive for the asking price. Solid separation and detail make them sound more articulate than I thought they would be. So more than detailed enough, spacious sounding, powered well enough so they sound tight and they can keep up with most types of music. Happy with the sound!

Add a solid ambient and wireless charging and these would be a real killer budget pair. No quirks and they sound pretty sweet. These will get some use and not be joing the bunch in the drawer. :)

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #60,118 of 62,670
Falling ever so slightly out of love with the DPP.

I listened to them right after a wired Noble and found the notes to be dull in comparison to Nobles tuning. To be expected against Noble but tested them against the Fokus Pro and found them more vibrant as well.

It's as if the DPP has had its saturation turned down somewhat. Gonna retune them via the ear test as I haven't done that since the last update and hoping to fall in love again.

Or it's my brain prepping me for the Aviot TX1

I do prefer the red colour and the crowdfunder discount is compelling.

Feb 7, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #60,119 of 62,670

I finally got round to uploading my Aurvana Ace 2 review last night. Some ANC and call samples here if anyone is on the fence about them. At the same time, I didn't hold back on the issues I've had connecting with the app, trying to connect to the BT-L4, etc

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #60,120 of 62,670
I spontaneously picked up a pair of the base Aviot ZX1 at Bic Camera today. Huge fan! I'm a basshead and have my Xenon 6 with iFi pod as my main mobile listening solution and I want something more portable, more well rounded, to take calls with but still that give an enjoyable music experience.

The ZX1 check off the boxes and love them on first glance and happy with the find.
Man, the ZX1 in burgundy look so nice! I'm not really into TWS but dang, these are stunning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back