Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 4, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #60,091 of 62,651
Concerning the new Aviot and the "Planar + dynamic" driver.

Does anyone know anything about this type of driver

Is it two separate drivers?

Or a 2 in 1 situation which I didn't know existed?
There is a new thing. Isn't there always! :) 10mm dynamic 6mm planar combo. Here is the internal pic from the Moondrop May...
1707059234579.png

Looks very similar though neither is an actual picture of it. Moondrop name it as...
1707059667706.png

Of course, correct me, I think it was said the implementation in the Aviot is the planar handles the midrange and the BA's handle higher frequencies so similar combo perhaps but different.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #60,092 of 62,651
Does anybody have any experience with the kef mu3?
Back in 2021 and then 2022. Nothing to see here. They're great, but dated now.

Feb 4, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #60,094 of 62,651
Aviot TE-ZX1 PNK has shippedYES_YES_.jpg
Damn I thought shipping was due in April. Will be erratically refreshing this page daily for updates :wink:

Feb 4, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #60,095 of 62,651
There is a new thing. Isn't there always! :) 10mm dynamic 6mm planar combo. Here is the internal pic from the Moondrop May...
1707059234579.png

Looks very similar though neither is an actual picture of it. Moondrop name it as...
1707059667706.png
Of course, correct me, I think it was said the implementation in the Aviot is the planar handles the midrange and the BA's handle higher frequencies so similar combo perhaps but different.
Noice find.

Hopeful the Planar does mids, I love the fuzzy holographic effect they give electronic notes.

Feb 4, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #60,097 of 62,651
I did cancel the indigogo order and went with the PNK model from Aviot Japan. So yeah paid original MSRP & shipping fees compared to indigogo's discount. I like PNK's tuning
Was the PNK edition ready before the standard?

Probs the one I'd be interested in based off previous PNK tuned Aviot feedbacks.

My only hope with multi driver iems and tws is that the independent dynamic driver really pumps the bass instead of putting 5 drivers towards a neutral "balance".

I think I saw a few pages back that PNK is likely to have better bass?

Feb 4, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #60,099 of 62,651
Was the PNK edition ready before the standard?

Probs the one I'd be interested in based off previous PNK tuned Aviot feedbacks.

My only hope with multi driver iems and tws is that the independent dynamic driver really pumps the bass instead of putting 5 drivers towards a neutral "balance".

I think I saw a few pages back that PNK is likely to have better bass?
The Standard and PNK versions are already on sale directly from Aviot. The indigogo is later as I assume due to the discount. Pierre does state too that the standard version was already perfectly tuned that he didn't want to mess it up. So he concentrated on the bass tuning under his supervision.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #60,105 of 62,651
I bought it :) ...tick tock ~ tick tock ~ the wait begins....I have no ship date as the buying service has to purchase it first.
Gilroypro, I am looking forward to reading your impressions. :beerchug:
Once they receive the order to their warehouse, prepare to pay the international shipping and handling fee, aside from paying the item already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back