Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 7, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #60,136 of 63,182
There's absolutely no giant hype train for the mtw4 at all in this community. That's just nonsense. Also the MTW3 are not 97% the same as the MTW4, That's also nonsense.
And just so we are clear, I never said there was hype for the MTW4 in this community so don’t put words in my mouth.

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #60,137 of 63,182
If there’s a point in this long winded rubbish, I sure missed it. The MTW4 is the perfect example of chasing “nothing”. It’s literally the same as the MTW3. Bose did the exact same thing this year. Re-released the same buds with virtually no upgrades and big marketing hype.

Here’s the puff piece from cnet:

“Sennheiser says the Momentum True Wireless 4 are "loaded with more than a dozen enhancements" and are its "most capable earbud yet." The Bluetooth 5.4 earbuds are built on Qualcomm's S5 Sound Gen 2 platform and Snapdragon Sound Technology "for aptX lossless sound quality and ultra-low latency."

According to Sennheiser, the buds also have Auracast support and an overhauled antenna design "for exceptional signal continuity while on the go." It says the Adaptive ANC has been improved, and there's an upgraded battery system with up to 7.5 hours of battery life (the wireless charging case remains the same). There's no word yet on whether Sennheiser did anything to improve voice-calling performance, so we'll have to wait and test that. I expect to see and hear some modest performance improvements all around.“

Color me unimpressed after what 2 years?

Don't be impressed. Chase the FOMO. I could care less.

I've done that for a while and have really reigned it in, though I still fail sometimes.

You always want a revolution, not an evolution. You don't have to reinvent the wheel every time to be good. I hope others may learn as well, it's been a long journey and I have a ways to go still.

Whatever dude. Learn how to understand sarcasm and hyperbole.

I'm pretty sure you were serious, as evidenced by the post of yours above I quoted.

And just so we are clear, I never said there was hype for the MTW4 in this community so don’t put words in my mouth.

so your evidence are pre-release puff pieces which pretty much any new release gets the exact same treatment? ok. great evidence for a great hype train that happens for every. single. major brand release. always.

oy vay.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #60,138 of 63,182
Don't be impressed. Chase the FOMO. I could care less.

I've done that for a while and have really reigned it in, though I still fail sometimes.

You always want a revolution, not an evolution. You don't have to reinvent the wheel every time to be good. I hope others may learn as well, it's been a long journey and I have a ways to go still.

I'm pretty sure you were serious, as evidenced by the post of yours above I quoted.

so your evidence are pre-release puff pieces which pretty much any new release gets the exact same treatment? ok. great evidence.

oy vay.
No I don’t care if there is an evolution or a revolution. I care that manufacturers are pretending something is a revolution when it’s an evolution. That was my point brother. I’m pretty sure most readers here would comprehend my 97 percent comment as hyperbole. It’s probably only 94.5 percent the same. So yeah you got me good.

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #60,139 of 63,182
I care that manufacturers are pretending something is a revolution when it’s an evolution. That was my point brother. I’m pretty sure most readers here would comprehend my 97 percent comment as hyperbole. It’s probably only 94.5 percent the same. So yeah you got me good.

Sure, can you point out Sennheiser calling this product REVOLUTIONARY (and even if they use some intense language, every manufacturer hypes up it's new releases, like that would even mean anything, so what is your point. Christ, go to the watercooler thread and tons of threads in here, the revolutionary claim is used by so many manufacturers/brands/users all the time. Or at least something to that effect.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #60,140 of 63,182
@regancipher

What's the latest and greatest in bone conduction tech? I see you've pretty much ran through everything. Is the Haylou PurFree BC01 the best for SQ?

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #60,141 of 63,182
. I expect to see and hear some modest performance improvements all around.“

Color me unimpressed after what 2 years?
Yes gotta agree here.

These brands can't experiment with cool driver configs or anything else noteworthy of sound?

Would be so easy for retail sales staff to recommend a senny over everything else to every customer if they could just parrot the line "well these ones have an extra speaker/driver, so they will sound the best"

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #60,142 of 63,182
Yes gotta agree here.

These brands can't experiment with cool driver configs or anything else noteworthy of sound?

Would be so easy for retail sales staff to recommend a senny over everything else to every customer if they could just parrot the line "well these ones have an extra speaker/driver, so they will sound the best"
I just think the big manufacturers have gotten lazy. We have evidence of real innovation going on but Sony, Bose, Senn, M&D etc just keep putting out the same buds with a spit shine on them and call the THE BEST HEADPHONES EVER. I’d rather spend my money on Noble and Devialet and other brands that are at least trying to move the tech forward in a meaningful way. Senn isn’t the only offender just the latest although at least the sport buds have some real potential and I will be ordering those.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #60,143 of 63,182
Man the audio is so clean. The Aviot's are really clean and well balanced. Adding the Asus ROG 8 Pro Dirac. Don't know what Asus did but it is tuned better than my 7 pro
P_20240207_195300_1.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #60,145 of 63,182
Interesting... My Mom bought a Pixel Tablet and according to this website here are the codecs supported... either site is wrong or the tablet supports more codecs than the phones.

Will take my senns over and see what happens. If it does work I might buy one...
1000000635.jpg

Looks like these specs are incorrect. Will test and report back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back