Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 10, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #5,446 of 62,552
As far as I understand everything is being recoded before going out over BT no matter what the original source as other system sounds and so on has to be mixed in to the output signal

Mar 10, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #5,447 of 62,552
As far as I understand everything is being recoded before going out over BT no matter what the original source as other system sounds and so on has to be mixed in to the output signal

My understanding is that aac over iPhone requires no additional encoding making it superior to aac over android. Again I may be mistaken but I believe this is why aac is considered comparable to aptx despite the lower bitrate. Someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm or confirm I’m completely wrong.

Mar 10, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #5,448 of 62,552
I have gotten my hands on the Mifo O5 standard version as well. It's probably an international version since the language spoken in the earbuds are in English rather than Chinese which many reviews have stated. Compared to the qcy t1, the Mifo is muddier and has a narrower soundstage. The qcy t1 has clearer highs with deeper and faster bass.
Thank you, that saves me 50 dollar. :)

For the record: you are referring to the T1c right?

Mar 10, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #5,450 of 62,552
My understanding is that aac over iPhone requires no additional encoding making it superior to aac over android. Again I may be mistaken but I believe this is why aac is considered comparable to aptx despite the lower bitrate. Someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm or confirm I’m completely wrong.
I found that 12 to 15 beers and that all codecs sound the same (smiley face).
Every Time I check my LGV20 it's always on AAC and it sounds spectacular!

Mar 10, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #5,451 of 62,552
Every Time I check my LGV20 it's always on AAC and it sounds spectacular!

to me aptx and aac are more or less similar with really minor differences. sbc however is more different. although to be fair after 12 beers they do sound the same :dt880smile:

Mar 10, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #5,452 of 62,552

dog beer.gif

Mar 10, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #5,454 of 62,552
So i've been trying to figure this out for a bit and this is my summary.

On QCY's website, they only mention the t1 and t1c. No mention of the qs1.

On QCY's aliexpress page, there is no mention of the t1, only the t1 pro which is supposed to not be good. But there is a qcy qs1 on the site.

From comparing specs, i believe the t1c and the qs1 are the same TWS. While the T1 is different than the t1c.

Links for t1c http://www.qcy.com/product/95.html and t1 is http://www.qcy.com/product/93.html

From comments online, i've read that the t1c and t1 is the same thing which doesn't seem to be correct. My assumption is sellers mislabeling what they are selling.

My thoughts are that the t1c/qs1 are the ones to get. You will also see them referred to as the dudios zeus air(rebrand) which can be bought from amazon in the US quite cheaply i believe. Sadly i can't get them shipped to Canada from amazon :frowning2:
I bought these last night under the Dudios Zeus Air name on amazon. Thanks for pointing that rebrand out, much cheaper. FWIW, they have 4.1 stars on Amazon with 400 plus reviews.

Mar 11, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #5,456 of 62,552
What do you know about T2C? I ordered two days ago. Was shipped from China yesterday. $27 incl shipping. ($3 discount - coupon)
It looks like a legit QCY product, but QCY isn't selling it itself for now. I asked one of the sellers if there is any sound difference with the T1c.

I bought these last night under the Dudios Zeus Air name on amazon. Thanks for pointing that rebrand out, much cheaper. FWIW, they have 4.1 stars on Amazon with 400 plus reviews.
That's not too high, but I think I know why: the volume doesn't go really high on Android. It's the only truly wireless that has this problem for me. So you have this strange case that it's meh on Android, but exceptional for the money on iPhone.

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #5,458 of 62,552
I decided to pre-order the Galaxy Buds, figure they will work OK with my S9 and since they support other Codecs like AAC I should be able to use them with my other devices.

Also ordered the Galaxy Watch Active to replace my Samsung Fit 2 as it has a new Blood Pressure sensor that I want to monitor my BP more closely .

Will post how the buds sound when I get them on the 8th.
Did you get them? If so how they sound? It seems that mine package won't arrive until the end of March due to shipping delay of the early batch.

Mar 11, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #5,459 of 62,552
And what did he say? :)
No response. I think because they don't know... because there will be no sound difference. But that's my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back