Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 8, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #5,371 of 62,472
Gotten the qcy t1. My first tws earbuds. Quite comfy, no out of sync in video apps on my pixel 3 phone, no sound cut off, simple pairing. Bass is powerful and deep, mids are clear and picks up details, highs are present without sibilance. Amazing for the price.
3450yli.jpg

And it supports streaming using AAC codec.
30db68y.jpg

Hear hear! Love the QS1/ T1.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #5,373 of 62,472
Any initial feedback on whether the update seems to be addressing the battery drain issue?
Yes, it seems to be working. I kept the buds in the case for a day and when I push the button it shows green. Also, there is now a single % for both buds, no longer one for each. Of course, the reality may be they are still different, but Senn decided to make it a single digit for both.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #5,374 of 62,472
How do you update the MTW? I use mine with Android phone and app, and I'm still on firmware 1.22.
I had the buds out of the case, but charged. Opened the App, touched the "firmware" area and it immediately went into update mode. It will show a line (typical download indicator) and it took like 10-15 minutes to complete. Once that's done, you have to insert them in the case to complete the update. It's version 1.25. At first, I was a bit confused, but touching "firmware" or the number, can't remember, launched the update download process.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #5,375 of 62,472
Weird, mine does nothing when I press on firmware. Are you on Android? I have V 1.0.6.1669 of the app installed.

I had the buds out of the case, but charged. Opened the App, touched the "firmware" area and it immediately went into update mode. It will show a line (typical download indicator) and it took like 10-15 minutes to complete. Once that's done, you have to insert them in the case to complete the update. It's version 1.25. At first, I was a bit confused, but touching "firmware" or the number, can't remember, launched the update download process.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #5,376 of 62,472
Nice! Surprised they are using AAC! I just may have to bite.
I have a pair too, bought them out of curiosity, and I am very impressed. I switched out the tips for a pair of the old Sony hybrids, the ones that are color coded inside, and I think they work better in terms of fit and sound. So tip rolling might be good. I also tried a pair of bulby-looking Complys I had around and they worked too. Not a fan of the stock tips. But $28!!! I mean, makes me feel silly buying the MTW, honestly, though I will keep the latter now that the FW seems to have fixed the case/battery issue.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #5,378 of 62,472
Yes, it seems to be working. I kept the buds in the case for a day and when I push the button it shows green. Also, there is now a single % for both buds, no longer one for each. Of course, the reality may be they are still different, but Senn decided to make it a single digit for both.

Great to read this thanks ... I might pull the trigger and order them then :)

I guess the unified battery indicator is probably a way to stop people from contacting customer service and conplainting on bud loses charge faster then the other.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #5,380 of 62,472
Yeah, and my post with the PDF link is pretty much worthless, it just says to follow the FW instructions using the app, which is pretty much what I did, I think. I should have documented it. Maybe resetting and trying from there is the best route. I was at 1.22 and went to 1.25. Funny thing is, I had just sent a very negative email to the Senn CSR I had been emailing with about the update. And when I went to check, I saw there was an update (on here someplace, I think, or on some site. The CSR never responded. I have never dealt with Senn customer support in the past (never had any issues because FW didn't apply to the Senn phones I owned, haha), but it's not great. Very slow to respond via email, if at all.

You would think they would detail the FW update process, beyond saying connect to the Senn MTW app, right?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #5,381 of 62,472
Great to read this thanks ... I might pull the trigger and order them then :)

I guess the unified battery indicator is probably a way to stop people from contacting customer service and conplainting on bud loses charge faster then the other.
Yes, that's probably why they did it. I am sure they didn't equalize the battery drain issue, based on what the CSR told me: That there were different numbers because one bud (the one that handled calls) had more controls than the other and that caused an uneven battery drain by design, something along those lines. It made sense at the time, but ...

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #5,382 of 62,472
Perhaps the Firmware is IOS only right now. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, re-paring the MTW, but it still stays on 1.22 for me and pressing around firmware in the options does nothing unfortunately.

Mar 8, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #5,385 of 62,472
I reset the buds. Deleted the app. Still will not push the firmware update on IOS. Says 1.23 is up to date. Any iPhone users having this issue? Anyone in the US able to get the update on iPhone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back