Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 18, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #51,211 of 63,073
On the other hand, by the time they perish you would have bought atleast 3 more tws.

If I had the funds, maybe. I’m still rockin’ my CAMT since Jan ‘21 and the only other pair I’ve bought since were the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 for my wife. I dislike accumulating expensive lint and have to convey certain funds to other hobbies. But yeah, temptation is always there.

Feb 18, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #51,212 of 63,073
So don't buy a new phone. Get a portable music player with removable storage. Stop telling others that because it doesn't work for YOU that it doesn't work for others, when clearly it does. I mean it's fine if you want a phone with removable storage, but I don't appreciate being told by people that hi res audio is pointless without removable storage on a phone.

You. Are. Just. Wrong. and speaking for a lot of people working well with what we have.
Working well with what we have isn't the same as "manufacturers making good decisions".

Look, I'm pretty argumentative, but I'm also pretty agreeable, I'm not trying to hash this out like I'm on a Reddit post. I have..... Reddit for that.

TWS have a lot going on inside of them and seem to be capped at a certain price ceiling. A mid or high end iem without any of the new technology can first of all come out more expensive, but it they can also be bigger and heavier. And that's before taking 16 core silver-anodized-oxygen-free-gold-plated-cables into account. Some phones can't even drive these things properly. My point is that even if you get codecs playing 100% of a file, You're missing an ability to power the ****ers.

But phone companies still push this tech (Which I truly am balls deep in and don't mind at all). Now think about the server costs, employee costs, shareholder payouts, and everything else that goes into hosting cloud services for your online music and the music for streaming services. All to solve the problem of Micro-SD card slots being removed from phones...and of course for convenience sake.

All the while manufacturers have people running around shouting about the greatness of LC3 and LDAC and aptX Adaptive because it can slightly reduce the disadvantage that tws are dealing with while making it even harder for people to solve this problem for themselves.

It's typical of our species to create problems just to implement a series of extravagant solutions. Or to come up with solutions to problems that don't yet exist. It's what we do and if you can't see this happening here then I don't know what to tell you.

Feb 18, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #51,213 of 63,073
I need a pair of sleep buds that can drown out a snoring partner. Ear plugs are not proving to be good enough. Would also like 8+ hours of battery life. I'm a side sleeper, so small size and comfort are a must. Bose has discontinued their sleep buds and I've seen no indication of a new model coming. All the options seem to have serious limitations. Had anyone found something effective?
I am using a mix of foam earplugs and then MusiCozy headband BT headphones. Those are awesome! Last all night. Mainly use for a mix of meditation music & white noise! After trying a bunch of sleep buds (like the 1MORE Comfobuds Z, which only last 2-3h) I am very happy with this rather cheap solution

Feb 18, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #51,214 of 63,073
Working well with what we have isn't the same as "manufacturers making good decisions".

Look, I'm pretty argumentative, but I'm also pretty agreeable, I'm not trying to hash this out like I'm on a Reddit post. I have..... Reddit for that.

TWS have a lot going on inside of them and seem to be capped at a certain price ceiling. A mid or high end iem without any of the new technology can first of all come out more expensive, but it they can also be bigger and heavier. And that's before taking 16 core silver-anodized-oxygen-free-gold-plated-cables into account. Some phones can't even drive these things properly. My point is that even if you get codecs playing 100% of a file, You're missing an ability to power the ****ers.

But phone companies still push this tech (Which I truly am balls deep in and don't mind at all). Now think about the server costs, employee costs, shareholder payouts, and everything else that goes into hosting cloud services for your online music and the music for streaming services. All to solve the problem of Micro-SD card slots being removed from phones...and of course for convenience sake.

All the while manufacturers have people running around shouting about the greatness of LC3 and LDAC and aptX Adaptive because it can slightly reduce the disadvantage that tws are dealing with while making it even harder for people to solve this problem for themselves.

It's typical of our species to create problems just to implement a series of extravagant solutions. Or to come up with solutions to problems that don't yet exist. It's what we do and if you can't see this happening here then I don't know what to tell you.
I never said they shouldn't come out with phones with removable storage. Not once. Please quote me where I said that.

I'm fact I think they should.

What I did say is that it is not pointless for high res codecs to exist with the current on board storage situation. Which was the exact statement by somebody else that I quoted and argued against.

I could not have been more clear. I'm not sure what isn't getting through because it was clear as day.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #51,216 of 63,073
I'm one of those users here.
Asus ROG Phone 6 Pro 512gb
Over 3,500 songs downloaded from Tidal
20 or so TWS on hand
Many high res codecs to enjoy: Aptx Adaptive, Snapdragon Sound, Aptx Lossless and LDAC. LHDC 5.0 also peeks my interest
It drives me crazy that my Fold 4 has this capability but is deliberately neutered by Samsung. Unfortunately there is very limited options for cellular provider phones in Canada and I rely on their offerings and often subsidies to make the tech affordable. My Fold 4 for example will cost $840 versus the retail of $2200 here in Canada. But maybe I will find a Paybright or similar option on my next phone and try something like the Asus lineup or maybe Sony.

I do hate that companies like Samsung, Google, Apple have such heavy influence on the phone market as they make changes that only benefit themselves, not the customer. Driving change away from technology that empowered the customer with independence towards online only service models that force bigger and bigger data packages and paid services. Then on top of that they deny features because they don't want to pay other developers such as Qualcomm or they want to create their owned walled gardens.

Note: I also use my phone for work so am also limited to a degree on models that are supported by Enterprise level support which eliminates alot of obscure manufacturers and models from China.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #51,217 of 63,073
Test is in the adapt sound
Atmos I set to auto.
I just tried the auto settings and it sounded better than music. Thanks for the tip. Once in there I do recognize the settings and did have an adapt sound profile created. So I think have had this turned on for a while and just forgot I had done it.

Interesting though as this means I have been using this PLUS the headphone apps EQ options so accidentally double dipping :) . I wonder if this is why i sometimes have heard products differently from others here. If I turn this off the WF-1000XM4 is a lot duller for example.

Certainly a setting anyone with a Samsung phone should at least be testing.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #51,218 of 63,073
Sooo....I had misplaced my noble fokus pro so I dug out my geekfly gf10. Easily the most comfortable and the sound is incredible. Great soundstage. Great bass-not quite as much rumble as fokus pro and not quite the volume but close. I'd say a bit better clarity with 90% of the bass and volume. Worth mentioning with the top tier.
Indeed but the same issue the fokus Pro had for features like ambient but even before the Noble. Third edition after the GF8 and GF8s. It was make or break at $300 and it looks like it broke the wrong way for them. Doubt we will see another incarnation. The US site only sold the GF8 and GF8s and not even the GF10. If they had implement decent ambient and so-so ANC in the GF10 they would be mentioned more and more would have them. Quite a few would be looking forward to the next version. Does seem we have seen the last of the TWS from them.

Feb 18, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #51,219 of 63,073
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #51,220 of 63,073
Started to find the mids of the Nuratrue Pro sitting further back and holding a lot less weight in them.

Using Led Zeppelin - Stairway to heaven, his voice sounds like his sitting further back in the stage. It also disappears from the mix much faster.

On the Fiio FW5 there is less of that "speaker" feeling but a lot more clarity with everything sounding more upfront. Nura still comes in with that fun factor tho and the staging is less important for electro.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #51,223 of 63,073
I just tried the auto settings and it sounded better than music. Thanks for the tip. Once in there I do recognize the settings and did have an adapt sound profile created. So I think have had this turned on for a while and just forgot I had done it.

Interesting though as this means I have been using this PLUS the headphone apps EQ options so accidentally double dipping :) . I wonder if this is why i sometimes have heard products differently from others here. If I turn this off the WF-1000XM4 is a lot duller for example.

Certainly a setting anyone with a Samsung phone should at least be testing.
I would re do the adapt sound with the gb2pro as if you did it with other buds the profile might be slightly different.

Feb 18, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #51,224 of 63,073
Does anyone out there prefer the Fokus Pro sound over the Mystique sound?

Feb 18, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #51,225 of 63,073

Users who are viewing this thread

Back