Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 18, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #51,226 of 62,657
I would re do the adapt sound with the gb2pro as if you did it with other buds the profile might be slightly different.
Yup definitely want one per TWS. I have one WF1000XM4 and one for GB2P. The GB2P makes the XM4 to bassy and warm. Will also make one for the JBL Pro 2

Feb 18, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #51,228 of 62,657
I am patiently waiting for the Sony XM5 and am also interesting in the Technics when the finally land. So trying hard to cut my spending and start some saving. Considering I still have the GB2P, JBL Live Pro 2, and WF-1000XM4 I do t have any real need to anything for a while. Not that I am not still tempted LOL. But I honestly don't think k I would get better with some of the other options in my price range, just different and not always for the better.

BTW just did a JBL Atmos test and now they are singing way better. I might just do that instead of playing with the EQ in the apps. Does mean I have to switch manually but I really like the results.

Feb 18, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #51,229 of 62,657
I am patiently waiting for the Sony XM5 and am also interesting in the Technics when the finally land. So trying hard to cut my spending and start some saving. Considering I still have the GB2P, JBL Live Pro 2, and WF-1000XM4 I do t have any real need to anything for a while. Not that I am not still tempted LOL. But I honestly don't think k I would get better with some of the other options in my price range, just different and not always for the better.

BTW just did a JBL Atmos test and now they are singing way better. I might just do that instead of playing with the EQ in the apps. Does mean I have to switch manually but I really like the results.
On my Samsung I try to avoid the in built equalizer.
On the GB2PRO between Atmos, dynamic mode and sound adapt they sound great.

Better sub bass than technics but less midbass and a cooler cleaner sound.

Reminds me of some old receivers I had. Feel the technics are warmer like a Harmon Kardon and the GB2PRO feels like a Yamaha. Different tuning but both are quite enjoyable.

Feb 19, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #51,230 of 62,657
I finished watching the Flames finally pull out a win and threw the JBL back on. They sound alot different after using the hearing test and Atmos. They now have better mids and the treble is also nice. But with a big rumbling bass.

Considering they only have AAC and SBC they sound really nice and they are so darn comfortable.

Gonna use these for sleep tonight :xf_cool: .

Feb 19, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #51,231 of 62,657
Considering they only have AAC and SBC
Daaaw now you're riling me up! :wink:

I think you're right about 'something different but not something better' with further purchases. I'm more interested in different tech being used now. Like if Technics pulled out a planar.

Feb 19, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #51,232 of 62,657
Just get a Sony flagship phone :)

You can store a maximum of 1,5 terabyte (512 internal + 1 tb card). Honestly the 5/1 IV are my favourite flagship phones. The slim format, LED, front facing speakers, SD-card, excellent display, 3.5mm jack, camera shutter button etc.

Only real downsides are slow updates and the ability to get great pictures from point and shoot is worse than the other big players.

Oh yeah, the Sony phones also support the full set of codecs including LC3 and Aptx adaptive. We should see Aptx lossless on this years models as well.

Feb 19, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #51,233 of 62,657

You can store a maximum of 1,5 terabyte (512 internal + 1 tb card). Honestly the 5/1 IV are my favourite flagship phones. The slim format, LED, front facing speakers, SD-card, excellent display, 3.5mm jack, camera shutter button etc.

Only real downsides are slow updates and the ability to get great pictures from point and shoot is worse than the other big players.

Oh yeah, the Sony phones also support the full set of codecs including LC3 and Aptx adaptive. We should see Aptx lossless on this years models as well.
Well I guess we want different things from our phones.
I want a nice big vibrant screen ( OLED). I want a great camera.
My phone is a tool that is always on me.

If I need 3.5mm Jack to listen to music, I have a small DAC amp dongle that plugs into my usb c port that can play hi res 32/384. and can drive headphones as well.

I don't need 1.tb of music on device as I don't see a scenario where I won't have access to a network for so many days in a row.
Especially these days with so many hi res streaming options. But even without I would rather buy a dedicated DAP to store my library that would have better amp inside than any phone.

Feb 19, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #51,234 of 62,657
I know this has probably been answered somewhere but are the HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 2 and Oppo Enco X2 essentially the same?

I have not tried a planar TWS and these seem intriguing. Do they both use the slide up and down the stem to turn volume up and down?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #51,235 of 62,657
Well I guess we want different things from our phones.
I want a nice big vibrant screen ( OLED). I want a great camera.
My phone is a tool that is always on me.

If I need 3.5mm Jack to listen to music, I have a small DAC amp dongle that plugs into my usb c port that can play hi res 32/384. and can drive headphones as well.

I don't need 1.tb of music on device as I don't see a scenario where I won't have access to a network for so many days in a row.
Especially these days with so many hi res streaming options. But even without I would rather buy a dedicated DAP to store my library that would have better amp inside than any phone.

Well the screen is the best in the buessniess, at least in my opinion after I compared my 5 IV with the new S23.

Camera is also great, unless you want the very best point and shoot. But again I prefer the colors of the Xperia compared to Samsung, looks more like a DSRL.

The 3,5 jack is useful for many other scenarios like if you need an external mic when filming.

I brought up the SD card since it was a debate in previous post, regardless if its music or photos, it feels good to have the extra storage. Especially considering it was removed for no viable reason from every other flagship.

Feb 19, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #51,236 of 62,657
I know this has probably been answered somewhere but are the HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 2 and Oppo Enco X2 essentially the same?

I have not tried a planar TWS and these seem intriguing. Do they both use the slide up and down the stem to turn volume up and down?
I understanding is that they do share some hardware features in that they are both dual driver with the smaller one being a planar magnetic technology. However the shells and the software are different as is the tuning.

Feb 19, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #51,237 of 62,657
Well the screen is the best in the buessniess, at least in my opinion after I compared my 5 IV with the new S23.

Camera is also great, unless you want the very best point and shoot. But again I prefer the colors of the Xperia compared to Samsung, looks more like a DSRL.

The 3,5 jack is useful for many other scenarios like if you need an external mic when filming.

I brought up the SD card since it was a debate in previous post, regardless if its music or photos, it feels good to have the extra storage. Especially considering it was removed for no viable reason from every other flagship.
Sorry but no screen except the new iPhone compares to the Samsung. And the camera is not in the same conversation.
There is a reason Sony has become a niche brand in the phone world when they used to dominate it pre iPhone era.

To each their own. If my main goal was a very good phone for audio I would either go new Asus. Or find an older LG that had great DAC and still had good screen and camera and be way cheaper than your Sony.

Feb 19, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #51,238 of 62,657

Also the Sony has OLED not LED.
The reason Sd card storage was removed is 2 fold.

1. Not really supported in android and previously companies were coming up with work around.

2. Slow. New cameras on these phones should at 4k and 8k and many Megapixels. File sizes are bigger. Saving to a micro SD card is many orders slower which would greatly limit performance of the camera and video function.

Feb 19, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #51,239 of 62,657

Unfortunately, I don't think sony phones are subsidized by the major mobile carriers afaik so you have to pay full cost out of pocket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back