Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 1, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #47,521 of 62,168
You didn't ask me but I'll answer as well. I have tried all 4 folds and always end up eventually going back to a candy bar phone. As I type this, I have my iphone 13 pro max and Fold 4 with me. The biggest problem with the Fold - and one I haven't yet solved - is that the outer screen makes for a terrible phone which requires you to open the fold to get the most of it. Once opened, it's better than a candybar phone but you have to force yourself to do this. The front screen is just too narrow to be useful. Technically it works but too many typos and missed clicks. Oppo and others have solved for this by using a different form factor (wider and shorter) and I expect Samsung will eventually do the same. That will be the winning combo that takes foldables to the next level. In the meantime, if you can deal with that issue and commit yourself to using the inside screen, the Fold is amazing.
Thank you so much man! Really! You answered the real question which was on my mind. I feel like 75% of the time I'd simply use the outer screen. The problem is I'd commit to the stinking thing if I didn't enjoy it. I've had every Samsung note phone up to the 10+ and so I was simply going to go to the ultra from that. However, that foldable looks very enticing and I was hoping that the 4th iteration would bring a nice usability. I'm still on the fence but you are the 1st person to answer this question who has actually had experience with the 4. Much APPRECIATED!
On the plus side, candybar phones are boring and have reached their glass ceiling. You can get a F4 on swappa for about $1200 which would keep you pretty safe resale wise if its not for you. The phone is very fun but I'm not yet convinced it's solving a problem that exists. That said, I keep buying them so I guess the joke's on me.
We'll see over here. Talk to me in a few weeks. I will say, I'm having fun with it too and I'm usually just doing things hands free re: calls. I like that you can use the front screen vertically or horizontally. That helps. It's also easier to hold in on hand, but I do miss Reachability, unless Android has it and I'm missing it. Haven't had many typos and I usually dictate my texts. I do wish it was more a 16x9 form. That would def solve the thin issue while closed. I do still prefer iOS, but I'm new, or rather, came back to try Android yet again.

On another note, no idea why they keep added more models to the Jabra line: https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/1/23331888/jabra-elite-5-earbuds-announced-features-price Maybe I'm missing something.

Sep 1, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #47,522 of 62,168
Sep 1, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #47,524 of 62,168
Just to give a different perspective. I have the fold 2 and have been using it since release. This is the first phone in over 10 years through I have kept over a year. I usually get bored and move to something different that may handle a different set of my needs/ desires in a phone. Phone, tablet, book, comic book reader, video player, mobile game machine...I love the fold. I actually use the outer screen about 80% of the time. I don't have a problem typing much. The swipe to text works very well and you can add your personal words to your personal library. I may get the 5, but I'm still happy 2 generations later, and that has never happened with a phone. I can't see myself going back to another "candy bar"
Thanks! I think I may go the Fold route. Really appreciate the feedback

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #47,526 of 62,168
Iterative update too. A lot of 3 owners are not upgrading.
I'll be interested in hearing how you are adjusting to the battery life. Back on the charger at 220 pm. Not sure why it bugs me so much. Battery anxiety. Kind of like when you take a road trip in a Tesla.

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #47,529 of 62,168

Edifier launches the W240TN piston-inspired earbuds.​

Main features:

• Dual Dynamic Drivers (Φ6mm+Φ10mm)
  • Bluetooth 5.3
  • 8.5-hour playback + 17 hours with charging case
  • Eye-catching metallic design inspired by a piston-head
  • Hybrid ANC
  • Compatible with the Edifier Connect App
  • Dedicated low latency gaming mode
  • Ambient ANC mode
  • IP55 water resistant and sweat proof
  • AI DNN call noise cancellation technology
  • Push-button controls

https://techbuzzireland.com/2022/08/24/edifier-launches-the-w240tn-piston-inspired-earbuds/

Gamesky:

Amazon:

About this item:
  • Better Sound All-Around: Each earbud harnesses 10mm and 6mm dual dynamic drivers for the complete sound experience you've been searching for.
  • Extended Playtime: The earbuds provide over 8 hours of high-quality music (or 7 hours with ANC on). Total playtime is around 25 hours with the charging case (or 21 with ANC on).
  • Fast Charging: Charge for just 10 minutes on-the-go and enjoy 2 hours of music.
  • Effective ANC: Sharply cuts background noise (by 38dB) so you can focus on your music.
  • Safe & Sound: Switch to ambient sound when you want to remain aware of your surroundings or even have a conversation. Great for commuting, travel, and outdoor exercise.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2PGF9VD

I saw this on Amazon Japan and it was quite pricey but then I see it is 240 so a lower model with SBC only and the real price is pretty cheap. No Qi, average mics and his soundstage collapsing a bit comment is not cool. Does not have all the controls out of the box. The big title "KING" is with the basshead caveat. He wants this signature so it is more his king than the king in general. He also says "ANC at this price that is this effective" but it doesn't cut out people taking. Not sure how effective it can be only doing low freqs.

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #47,531 of 62,168
Hey man, I'm down to 2 or 3 hits a month. ErockG is the one with the problem ...
Found your Facebook! 😉

1595693194158883233.jpg

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #47,534 of 62,168
We'll see over here. Talk to me in a few weeks. I will say, I'm having fun with it too and I'm usually just doing things hands free re: calls. I like that you can use the front screen vertically or horizontally. That helps. It's also easier to hold in on hand, but I do miss Reachability, unless Android has it and I'm missing it. Haven't had many typos and I usually dictate my texts. I do wish it was more a 16x9 form. That would def solve the thin issue while closed. I do still prefer iOS, but I'm new, or rather, came back to try Android yet again.

On another note, no idea why they keep added more models to the Jabra line: https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/1/23331888/jabra-elite-5-earbuds-announced-features-price Maybe I'm missing something.
I really like my new Elite 85T's...
iPhone user here; quick connect, stable, comfortable and great sound...
Looks like the newer ones mostly better it in battery time...
Makes sense, most everything else is just not going to see big tech jumps for a while....

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #47,535 of 62,168
Hey man, I'm down to 2 or 3 hits a month. ErockG is the one with the problem ...
This is why WFH is a blessing yet a curse. Idle hands are the devils workshop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back