Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 31, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #47,491 of 62,457
My biggest problem is the battery TBH. It's not really a Fold thing but an Android thing. Apple has standby life for days but an Android will drain all day long no matter what you do to stop. I'm charging my F4 now at 530 pm. Off the charger at 730. My IP would still be at 50 percent. Welcome to the dark side Erockg. I think you'll probably have a 14 pro max in your future (as will I) but for now it's fun.
Thanks to the chip samsung made and design lol. The snap 888 series was a disaster for the heat and battery drain, 8 gen 1 were much worse, then the only slightly redemption was the 8 gen 1 plus as it improve the battery life and some heat issues.

Aug 31, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #47,492 of 62,457
My biggest problem is the battery TBH. It's not really a Fold thing but an Android thing. Apple has standby life for days but an Android will drain all day long no matter what you do to stop. I'm charging my F4 now at 530 pm. Off the charger at 730. My IP would still be at 50 percent. Welcome to the dark side Erockg. I think you'll probably have a 14 pro max in your future (as will I) but for now it's fun.
Did you change your refresh rate to 60? My friend had an issue with battery, did that and now no issues. I wfh so mine is around chargers all day. Haven't had to do the real world test yet. I don't know about the max, been there, but famous last words! My wife is getting one day one.n Now if there is ever an Apple Fold... I'm IN! Knowing my insane self, I'll keep both phones. What case are you using on your F4?

Aug 31, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #47,493 of 62,457
Well, I'm completely immersed in the Apple ecosystem here. I'm just getting bored with the iPhone. Never had a Fold, did try the S22, not the Ultra. Didn't like it as much as my iPhone. Folds have alway intrigued me. My friend traded her S22 Ultra for the Fold4 and she's in love. I have to say, it's surprisingly powerful. I have a iPhone 13 Pro too. I'm setting my Fold up so I can use iMessages and sync all my Apple calendars, email, work email yada yada. So far so good. I think I'll keep it. Can't seem to find a case I love. Got the one with the S-Pen and I'm used to going naked. May just say eff it and do a skin. Also, got the GB2 Pro and they work flawlessly with it, as expected. I have them connected to my iPhone and the Fold. You just force pair them when you want to switch over. Taps and gestures seem to work fine with the iPhone.

Let me know what you decide. I could use pointers, tricks and tips!

I went with a back skin and good tempered outside screen protector. I couldn't deal with the extra bulk of a case since I wear skinny fitting jeans. Just be careful with loose shorts and crouching as it'll slip out and you know what. Don't ask me how I know.

What is up with this crap B&O app though? The level for anc and transparency doesn't do anything and is stuck on 3. I hear an attenuation when I press it but cycling through i'm assuming the 3 levels and I can't even tell a difference. It's like a gimmick. Also, impossible to change the color too. The page only shows a save button with no way to select another.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #47,494 of 62,457
Did you change your refresh rate to 60? My friend had an issue with battery, did that and now no issues. I wfh so mine is around chargers all day. Haven't had to do the real world test yet. I don't know about the max, been there, but famous last words! My wife is getting one day one.n Now if there is ever an Apple Fold... I'm IN! Knowing my insane self, I'll keep both phones. What case are you using on your F4?
I was hoping to avoid changing the refresh rate because I don't feel like I should have to nerf an $1800 phone but yes, that will absolutely add some battery life. Right now, the crappy samsung case that came with it. It's garbage. I have a latercase on order. But there's no such thing as a good fold case in any event. I can't keep them both - one has to go.

Aug 31, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #47,495 of 62,457
Well, I'm completely immersed in the Apple ecosystem here. I'm just getting bored with the iPhone. Never had a Fold, did try the S22, not the Ultra. Didn't like it as much as my iPhone. Folds have alway intrigued me. My friend traded her S22 Ultra for the Fold4 and she's in love. I have to say, it's surprisingly powerful. I have a iPhone 13 Pro too. I'm setting my Fold up so I can use iMessages and sync all my Apple calendars, email, work email yada yada. So far so good. I think I'll keep it. Can't seem to find a case I love. Got the one with the S-Pen and I'm used to going naked. May just say eff it and do a skin. Also, got the GB2 Pro and they work flawlessly with it, as expected. I have them connected to my iPhone and the Fold. You just force pair them when you want to switch over. Taps and gestures seem to work fine with the iPhone.

I will say dbrand is releasing one at some point

Aug 31, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #47,496 of 62,457
Thanks to the chip samsung made and design lol. The snap 888 series was a disaster for the heat and battery drain, 8 gen 1 were much worse, then the only slightly redemption was the 8 gen 1 plus as it improve the battery life and some heat issues.
From what I can tell, the F4 is better than the F3 but still not good enough. It may get a little better when things stabilize. I'm not a huge fan of midday charging but it's basically part of life with this phone. Some people don't mind it but my iphone has spoiled me. Except the iphone is boring AF.

Aug 31, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #47,497 of 62,457

Very cool! I didn’t realize you could use iMessage on a non-Apple device.

I use Apple for phone, watch and iPad but I’m kind of stuck with Windows for my work PC and personal machines. I have a Mac but it’s too hard to break the habits from ~35 years of using Microsoft DOS and then Windows

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #47,498 of 62,457
From what I can tell, the F4 is better than the F3 but still not good enough. It may get a little better when things stabilize. I'm not a huge fan of midday charging but it's basically part of life with this phone. Some people don't mind it but my iphone has spoiled me. Except the iphone is boring AF.
I gave up iphone long ago due to their ridicule service. Now I have to give my hope to the tsmc with their 8 gen 2 chip if they are able to fix the heat issue and improve the battery life like the 865 or 855 which last me for days even if I play heavy game like hi3 and genshin.

Aug 31, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #47,499 of 62,457
I wouldn't expect What Hifi to know about every TWS out there and every crowdfunding campaign but claiming that the JBL have the first smart charge case is pretty sloppy. Morph has had this in the works for close to 2 years now. Although they'd have to get them all shipped out for me to come to their defense.

JBL - https://www.whathifi.com/news/jbl-t...-and-has-the-worlds-first-smart-charging-case

Morph - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/morph-seamlessly-switch-audio-across-all-devices#/

I have a feeling a lot of the people on the Morph campaign are going to feel dirty on this since the design change of the case made it a little bulkier and less smooth, while the JBL is a little more true to the original vision
1661985243319.png
Original Morph

1661985279962.png
Current Morph

1661985307339.png
JBL Tour Pro (Jan 2023 release)

Anyway I'm sure the Kashfia and the gang over at Whatthehifi got their JBBucks for the write up. Might get the Tour Pro for a comparison when the Morph finally arrvies.

Aug 31, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #47,500 of 62,457
I gave up iphone long ago due to their ridicule service. Now I have to give my hope to the tsmc with their 8 gen 2 chip if they are able to fix the heat issue and improve the battery life like the 865 or 855 which last me for days even if I play heavy game like hi3 and genshin.
I wonder what will happen if China invades Taiwan. I could see the whole world being cut off from TSMC chips

Aug 31, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #47,501 of 62,457
It's more like....mine hiss endlessly and interfere with the music itself. That isn't the norm then?
Yeah thats not what sound with mine. Mine is very quiet with no hiss but it doesn't boost the sound. I heard barely any artificial sound only when there is a quite a strong wind.

Aug 31, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #47,502 of 62,457
I went with a back skin and good tempered outside screen protector. I couldn't deal with the extra bulk of a case since I wear skinny fitting jeans. Just be careful with loose shorts and crouching as it'll slip out and you what. Don't ask me how I know.

What is up with this crap B&O app though. The level for anc and transparency doesn't do anything and is stuck on 3. I hear an attenuation when I press it but cycling through i'm assuming the 3 levels and I can't even tell a difference. It's like a gimmick. Also, impossible to change the color too. The page only shows a save button with no way to select another.
Yeah, change the tips. Azla work well for me but ANC is not very good on the EX.

Thinking about a dBrand leather skin on mine. Also, adding a magsafe sticker so all my magsafe accessories don't go unused.

Aug 31, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #47,503 of 62,457
I was hoping to avoid changing the refresh rate because I don't feel like I should have to nerf an $1800 phone but yes, that will absolutely add some battery life. Right now, the crappy samsung case that came with it. It's garbage. I have a latercase on order. But there's no such thing as a good fold case in any event. I can't keep them both - one has to go.
Agreed re: cost. We shouldn't have to change the refresh rate. I bought a knock off Latercase/carbon fiber and it'll be here tomorrow. I'll report back if it's great. Still leaning towards a skin. Great phone though. So far I'm digging it.

Aug 31, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #47,504 of 62,457
I will say dbrand is releasing one at some point
Leather and reg skin! I've been all over it :wink:. I actually have carbon fiber skin here and may try and cut one myself.

Aug 31, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #47,505 of 62,457
Very cool! I didn’t realize you could use iMessage on a non-Apple device.

I use Apple for phone, watch and iPad but I’m kind of stuck with Windows for my work PC and personal machines. I have a Mac but it’s too hard to break the habits from ~35 years of using Microsoft DOS and then Windows
I finally got my company to give me a mac. Then we got bought and the new owner gave us new MacBook pros here. Too many computers here right now! Mac is easier when dealing with av files all day.

Been using Airmessage for iMessages on an Android phone. You need to run a server app on your Mac, but they seem to keep it updated and running smooth so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back