Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 31, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #47,506 of 62,552
From what I can tell, the F4 is better than the F3 but still not good enough. It may get a little better when things stabilize. I'm not a huge fan of midday charging but it's basically part of life with this phone. Some people don't mind it but my iphone has spoiled me. Except the iphone is boring AF.
I'll post some pics (I know it's the wrong place) when I get my Magsafe on the Fold setup working.

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #47,507 of 62,552
I finally got my company to give me a mac. Then we got bought and the new owner gave us new MacBook pros here. Too many computers here right now! Mac is easier when dealing with av files all day.

Been using Airmessage for iMessages on an Android phone. You need to run a server app on your Mac, but they seem to keep it updated and running smooth so far.
Wow that’s pimp… I’m in need of a new desktop machine and the Mac Studio is so tempting even though I don’t need that kind of power

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #47,509 of 62,552
Nah, they will just rebrand TSMC with another name. On another hand, Netherland might be able to sell their chip making machines to China as the US power keep decline like this.
Ya those UV machines are really fascinating. They could pull the plug on China and they’d be totally screwed and stuck on like 10 nm :)

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #47,510 of 62,552
Ya those UV machines are really fascinating. They could pull the plug on China and they’d be totally screwed and stuck on like 10 nm :)
Maybe, but China already succeed in the 7nm some time ago, so if they are over take the Taiwan, they will be able to control the large part of the Pacific ocean which will affect the ships and shipping to the US + the technology. Korea will also become a war zone if China complete their reunion with Taiwan (more techs from South Korea for China as they have the cooperative relationships with North Korea) and don't forget about India with their high skills on computer and programs.

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #47,511 of 62,552
Yeah thats not what sound with mine. Mine is very quiet with no hiss but it doesn't boost the sound. I heard barely any artificial sound only when there is a quite a strong wind.
Guess it's my bad luck again; thank you 😄

Sep 1, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #47,512 of 62,552
I think you should consider TWS earbuds disposable. The tech moves fast so yeah, 2 - 3 years sounds right but in 2 years you'll want to upgrade. With something like the Fokus Pro at that price, it's a fair question to ask. Most of us here will have moved past them in 2 years even at the high price. That said, as you know, batteries don't fall off a cliff. Even after 2 years and numerous charge cycles, you're probably looking at 80% capacity making them usable. Not a direct answer to your question however I've never seen a TWS advertise charge cycles etc. I don't think the size of the battery really matters.

Hm, I figured that might be the case.

The Fokus Pro's price is still in the price range of what I would consider disposable for 2 years anyway. Probably spend the same on replacement cables in the same amount of time.

Hey so I have the Noble Fokus Pro but I don’t use it at the gym. The one I go to is noisy and although they sound insanely good, I prefer ANC for the gym. Klipsch Mcclaren today

I was actually thinking about Noble's new H-ANC as an additional gym/running option if the Fokus is impressive, have just been using a cheaper iem so I can not worry about moisture and not have to be as careful about the cable catching on anything. Fokus Pro would be more when I'm in the office and want to tune out the chatter and radio a bit (need to still hear the phone though) and also while commuting and not having to fiddle with cables and an amp in a pocket (especially in summer weather when I'm not wearing a coat)

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #47,513 of 62,552
I wonder what will happen if China invades Taiwan. I could see the whole world being cut off from TSMC chips
No more TWS? Forget freedom, keep Taiwan safe!!

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #47,514 of 62,552

Edifier launches the W240TN piston-inspired earbuds.​

Main features:

• Dual Dynamic Drivers (Φ6mm+Φ10mm)
  • Bluetooth 5.3
  • 8.5-hour playback + 17 hours with charging case
  • Eye-catching metallic design inspired by a piston-head
  • Hybrid ANC
  • Compatible with the Edifier Connect App
  • Dedicated low latency gaming mode
  • Ambient ANC mode
  • IP55 water resistant and sweat proof
  • AI DNN call noise cancellation technology
  • Push-button controls

https://techbuzzireland.com/2022/08/24/edifier-launches-the-w240tn-piston-inspired-earbuds/

Gamesky:

CEONTHEMAKING

Amazon:

About this item:
  • Better Sound All-Around: Each earbud harnesses 10mm and 6mm dual dynamic drivers for the complete sound experience you've been searching for.
  • Extended Playtime: The earbuds provide over 8 hours of high-quality music (or 7 hours with ANC on). Total playtime is around 25 hours with the charging case (or 21 with ANC on).
  • Fast Charging: Charge for just 10 minutes on-the-go and enjoy 2 hours of music.
  • Effective ANC: Sharply cuts background noise (by 38dB) so you can focus on your music.
  • Safe & Sound: Switch to ambient sound when you want to remain aware of your surroundings or even have a conversation. Great for commuting, travel, and outdoor exercise.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2PGF9VD

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #47,515 of 62,552
How well does the Space A40 respond to third-party EQ like Wavelet? The Liberty 3 Pro is terrible as even though the tuning is good with Wavelet, it clips badly unless I crank up the limiter and turn down the volume.

Has anyone tried Galaxy Buds 2 Pro on an older Galaxy phone like the Note 9 or S9? I had some issues with the Buds 2 and Buds+ where the scalable codec was decreasing the bitrate especially when WiFi was active, and I could hear the treble compress or double up in certain tracks. It doesn't happen with AAC but Galaxy Buds always default to scalable on Samsung devices. I don't think I will be upgrading from my Note 9 just yet but this is one issue that holds me back from getting the Buds 2 Pro.

I've just received L3P.
After changing from soudcore sound to flat, via APP, these sound very good, not better than my Sennheiser CX thrue, but different with more basses and high extension.
I get the opposite result, after a few months of using my own EQ setting I realized how much less of a thump and soundstage I was getting with custom EQ compared to Soundcores "Signature" preset. I didn't change much except raise the mids and turned down the upper mid-bass.

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #47,516 of 62,552
Thank you so much man! Really! You answered the real question which was on my mind. I feel like 75% of the time I'd simply use the outer screen. The problem is I'd commit to the stinking thing if I didn't enjoy it. I've had every Samsung note phone up to the 10+ and so I was simply going to go to the ultra from that. However, that foldable looks very enticing and I was hoping that the 4th iteration would bring a nice usability. I'm still on the fence but you are the 1st person to answer this question who has actually had experience with the 4. Much APPRECIATED!
Just to give a different perspective. I have the fold 2 and have been using it since release. This is the first phone in over 10 years through I have kept over a year. I usually get bored and move to something different that may handle a different set of my needs/ desires in a phone. Phone, tablet, book, comic book reader, video player, mobile game machine...I love the fold. I actually use the outer screen about 80% of the time. I don't have a problem typing much. The swipe to text works very well and you can add your personal words to your personal library. I may get the 5, but I'm still happy 2 generations later, and that has never happened with a phone. I can't see myself going back to another "candy bar"

Sep 1, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #47,517 of 62,552
But is it normal for the Noble FoKus Pro to have intermittent flashing lights while connected but not streaming any audio to it? Just looking to figure out if my set is performing normally.

Also, the sound quality especially the separation, imaging, depth and width are top class.

What is miss is ambient mode but thus far, I don't think any TWS with ANC/ambient mode has sound quality that compares with the FoKus Pro (especially the depth and width of soundstage)...
Got my replacement set and they don’t seem to blink as much. Almost feels like a different firmware than my last set.

Edit: just took out of ears with music off and they are definitely blinking

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #47,518 of 62,552
Got my replacement set and they don’t seem to blink as much. Almost feels like a different firmware than my last set.

Edit: just took out of ears with music off and they are definitely blinking
Ok thanks. Think it's probably the standard LED programming then (blinks white every 7 secs when connected but with no audio streaming to it).

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #47,519 of 62,552
Hm, I figured that might be the case.

The Fokus Pro's price is still in the price range of what I would consider disposable for 2 years anyway. Probably spend the same on replacement cables in the same amount of time.

I was actually thinking about Noble's new H-ANC as an additional gym/running option if the Fokus is impressive, have just been using a cheaper iem so I can not worry about moisture and not have to be as careful about the cable catching on anything. Fokus Pro would be more when I'm in the office and want to tune out the chatter and radio a bit (need to still hear the phone though) and also while commuting and not having to fiddle with cables and an amp in a pocket (especially in summer weather when I'm not wearing a coat)
I use my B&O EQ a lot at the gym too but even with foam tips it’s tricky to keep them on my ears

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #47,520 of 62,552
I've just received L3P.
After changing from soudcore sound to flat, via APP, these sound very good, not better than my Sennheiser CX thrue, but different with more basses and high extension.
I began to play with pro EQ.
Amazing all the different kind EQ, the APP propose.
Now, I'm on the Alex Pasco EQ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back