Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #44,626 of 61,379
I so hope that Senn will release a TWS adapter for their new IEM range...Case could be small, the software could be tailored for the new IEMS (prob means excellent transparency mode) and it could serve as a great revenue stream for Senn since you'd have to replace the adapter after some time depeneing on how much you strain the battery.

Especially now when the BT tech is finally catching up (LC3+/Snapdragon Sound).
I agree, I don't think it would be a huge effort on their part as they have some very similar products out there today. One variable in the mix might be that they segregated their consumer audio from their pro audio. The teams may not play nice in the sandbox together anymore :D

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #44,627 of 61,379
I agree, I don't think it would be a huge effort on their part as they have some very similar products out there today. One variable in the mix might be that they segregated their consumer audio from their pro audio. The teams may not play nice in the sandbox together anymore :D
Oh didn't think about that...Hopefully that's not a hindrance.

Apparently this was a thing at Sony, were the Camera/Video department didn't wanna coopoerate with the Smartphone department.

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #44,628 of 61,379
I love it too, which is why I gave the TW2s first shot. Power was there, but the comfort was just ok. Think the mics are better than UTWS5, but haven’t tested. My Sennies-
Oh, thanks man! Do you have that link to the adapter handy? You're the devil. Ugh.

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #44,629 of 61,379
Oh, thanks man! Do you have that link to the adapter handy? You're the devil. Ugh.
I try :D Don't make the same mistake I did and order the two pin. I wasn't paying attention when I ordered initially and now have a two pin sitting in the desk. I may try and order the straight adapter as well to see if it fits any different. It may minimize some of the odd pivoting that you get placing them in the ears initially (still not bad).

MMCX to IE900

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #44,630 of 61,379
I try :D Don't make the same mistake I did and order the two pin. I wasn't paying attention when I ordered initially and now have a two pin sitting in the desk.
MMCX to IE900
Oof! Eh, I have so many mistakes here at my desk. It's like TWS musical chairs as always. Doesn't look like the IE600s are even in stock anywhere right now. Maybe that's a good thing!

Apr 26, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #44,633 of 61,379
The most underrated feature about the new Senny IEM line-up is the "Pillow test", it's incredible that you can chill on your bed/couch with your ear against a pillow without disturbing the palcement of the IEM by much and still have that amazing sound.
Pillow test, lol. Seeing as I listen to music via my portable player even as I go to bed, I'm so thankful I sleep flat on my back, no pillow, hands by my side. Whether iem or headphones, I never ha e to be concerned with "sleeping comfort" as position doesn't come into play with me.

Apr 26, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #44,634 of 61,379
Just watched a review from a trusted person on the Sennheiser MTW3. After everything they have released until now I already lost interest in any of their TWS offerings however after that review I will definitely check them out at some point. I found the MTW2 to be boring and steril with no extraordinary technicalities to make up for it. The MTW3 seems to have a tuning more in line with the cabled IE range, more musical and more fun. Slightly subdued treble and more bass than the MTW2. Very welcome changes to me but I’m sure not everyone will be happy about it.

Apr 26, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #44,635 of 61,379
I feel a little bad that I called TWS’s under $50 garbage…. Maybe for some folks, that’s all they can afford…
I will say this, the can sound really good for the price paid. 👍
Were the Mpow M5 around $50? Bassy but good, I still use mine as "showerbuds" but my favourite cheap set is the KZ Z1, bad battery life and hiss but awesome driver, volume and fit. My main set is Bose QuietComfort Earbuds so it's harder to listen to the cheaper ones now but not unbearable by any means.

Apr 26, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #44,638 of 61,379
Have you made up your mind yet on the sound quality on those guys? It is difficult to judge the (shill?) reviews on youtube, which suspiciously keep talking about SQ to all the way to the end ... then saying things like 'after going through sound ID there the best bass ever' or vague like 'my kind of sound sig' ...

I just hate how AliExpress' gamification keeps drawing me in ... instead of 99$, now with sale and coupons and codes I get it to just below 59$ ... and I am very triggered by that small form factor ... I wish there were some reviews like Kenneth Tanaka on the Fiil T1 Lite "just get them, best SQ evah!" :)

Have you bought then eventually? Recently there has been a significant drop in prices in EU too (maybe because of the announcement of the forthcoming Evo), so I am again wondering if I should give the Mini a chance...

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #44,639 of 61,379
Yeah, its an option in the Senny app, same with the Technics, prob a few more OEMs as well. It's deffo almost a must have feature for me, when I want to interact with the world the last thing I wanna do is go through 2 different controls on a tiny TWS earbud without customizable controls.

For example on the EX I'd first have to tap the right earbud once and the left earbud once...Just when I wanna talk with someone real quick. And when I wanna go back to my ANC/Music Its the same procedure...Or actually I'd have to double tap to cycle back to ANC lol.

With my AZ60 I just press and hold any of the left/right to pause music and go into transparency, and then the exact same gesture when I wanna go back to playing music/anc.
With the Sony Linkbuds you just talk and they pause the music for you, it works great and feel that others should implement

Apr 26, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #44,640 of 61,379
The most underrated feature about the new Senny IEM line-up is the "Pillow test", it's incredible that you can chill on your bed/couch with your ear against a pillow without disturbing the palcement of the IEM by much and still have that amazing sound.

This would be a deciding factor in my case. So far the only iem I could side sleep with are the Smabat NCO thanks to their quite small size, but still the one against the pillow tends to go too much inside my ear and I end hearing only from the opposite one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back