Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #44,612 of 62,580
I am curious how comparable the MT3s will be to their IE lineup (sound/tuning) since they are using the same drivers from what I have seen. I really enjoy my 600s, and 300s (albeit a much lesser extent).

I can't wait to to get the IE600 with a TWS adapter like the UTWS5! Even tho I'll will still see the need for ordinary TWS when I workout or commuting :)

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #44,613 of 62,580
Fair enough. The Senns look like a repackaging of an old product. Not really bringing anything new to the table. Looks pretty mediocre. I’m sure they’ll be solid. A lower price recognizes the insane amount of competition in this category.

The B&O looks more interesting to me - at least they are trying to deliver a premium product with a new form factor although you can certainly argue it’s a rip off of apple.

The EQs were terrific - looking forward to trying the EX. That said if they are not outstanding I will return them.
Right there with you. I'll have them both in May. That's what we do. :beerchug:

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #44,615 of 62,580
Exact combo I am listening to at this very moment.

The most underrated feature about the new Senny IEM line-up is the "Pillow test", it's incredible that you can chill on your bed/couch with your ear against a pillow without disturbing the palcement of the IEM by much and still have that amazing sound.

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #44,616 of 62,580
I don’t know if that’s a fair comparison. Definitely paying something for the name but every B&O product I’ve owned has delivered on sound quality. Not audiophile grade stuff but in the consumer space it’s top notch.

Edit - my wife buys that LV stuff and says it’s worth every penny.
I'll opt for the high end TWS instead of a purse, murse, whatever!

That said, no expectations with the Sennies. But worth a try. I tend to prefer the B&O sound signature.

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #44,617 of 62,580
The most underrated feature about the new Senny IEM line-up is the "Pillow test", it's incredible that you can chill on your bed/couch with your ear against a pillow without disturbing the palcement of the IEM by much and still have that amazing sound.
Out of my lineup, none are more comfortable than these. I almost have to tie a string to them so they don’t disappear in my dumbo ears. You will need that adapter to use them with an BT adapter, which I’m sure you already saw.

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #44,618 of 62,580
Out of my lineup, none are more comfortable than these. I almost have to tie a string to them so they don’t disappear in my dumbo ears. You will need that adapter to use them with an BT adapter, which I’m sure you already saw.
I should try this. I rock those Thieaudio Monarch MK2 but man, sometimes they kill my left ear. Too big. Been mostly using the SeeAudio Midnight with the Shure TW2s lately and they're the same, fit like a glove. No issues at all.

Can you drop a pic of your Sennie setup? Would love to see it.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #44,619 of 62,580
I should try this. I rock those Thieaudio Monarch MK2 but man, sometimes they kill my left ear. Too big. Been mostly using the SeeAudio Midnight with the Shure TW2s lately and they're the same, fit like a glove. No issues at all.
I tried the Sennies with the TW2 adapter, but they just feel a bit better with the FIIO. You mentioned that before that the TW2 isn't quite as flexible as the FIIO. I think they would work well if you didn't have that extra adapter in the fold as they have a similar style to the Aonics, but I landed on the UTSW5 (which came today) :)

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #44,620 of 62,580
About the EX, I would actually love to try them...But I just hate the fact that they don't offer the same software features as the Sennies/Technics... (and a few other OEM):

Fully Customizable controls
Automatic Pause music when enabling transparency

I've said it hundreds of times but for me those 2 features are incredibly important for TWS, convenience can't be underrated. BO should really be able to offer the same options in their app since they're one of the most pricy TWS on the market... :frowning2: In fact the Software experience should be at the very top for that price-range imo.

I'll prob get them via Amazon since they have an excellent return policy, I'm quite curious how the ANC/Fit/SQ/Call is on the EX.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #44,621 of 62,580
About the EX, I would actually love to try them...But I just hate the fact that they don't offer the same software features as the Sennies/Technics... (and a few other OEM):

Fully Customizable controls
Automatic Pause music when enabling transparency

I've said it hundreds of times but for me those 2 features are incredibly important for TWS, convenience can't be underrated. BO should really be able to offer the same options in their app since they're one of the most pricy TWS on the market... :frowning2: In fact the Software experience should be at the very top for that price-range imo.
Sennheiser does the auto-pause/transparency mode right. Same with Shure. One of my favorite features.

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #44,622 of 62,580
Sennheiser does the auto-pause/transparency mode right. Same with Shure. One of my favorite features.

Yeah, its an option in the Senny app, same with the Technics, prob a few more OEMs as well. It's deffo almost a must have feature for me, when I want to interact with the world the last thing I wanna do is go through 2 different controls on a tiny TWS earbud without customizable controls.

For example on the EX I'd first have to tap the right earbud once and the left earbud once...Just when I wanna talk with someone real quick. And when I wanna go back to my ANC/Music Its the same procedure...Or actually I'd have to double tap to cycle back to ANC lol.

With my AZ60 I just press and hold any of the left/right to pause music and go into transparency, and then the exact same gesture when I wanna go back to playing music/anc.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 03-45-40 beoplay_ex_quick_start_guide_multilanguage.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 03-45-40 beoplay_ex_quick_start_guide_multilanguage.pdf.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #44,623 of 62,580
I love it too, which is why I gave the TW2s first shot. Power was there, but the comfort was just ok. Think the mics are better than UTWS5, but haven’t tested. My Sennies-

Attachments

• 03F6784B-7589-4452-9F0B-32DE9E494984.jpeg
    03F6784B-7589-4452-9F0B-32DE9E494984.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 060288DC-E5B2-4049-8E5A-74CB1638D345.jpeg
    060288DC-E5B2-4049-8E5A-74CB1638D345.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #44,624 of 62,580
Yeah, its an option in the Senny app, same with the Technics, prob a few more OEMs as well. It's deffo almost a must have feature for me, when I want to interact with the world the last thing I wanna do is go through 2 different controls on a tiny TWS earbud without customizable controls.

For example on the EX I'd first have to tap the right earbud once and the left earbud once...Just when I wanna talk with someone real quick. And when I wanna go back to my ANC/Music Its the same procedure...Or actually I'd have to double tap to cycle back to ANC lol.

With my AZ60 I just press and hold any of the left/right to pause music and go into transparency, and then the exact same gesture when I wanna go back to playing music/anc.
Yep, I've had them all. So sad, but I have!

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #44,625 of 62,580
I love it too, which is why I gave the TW2s first shot. Power was there, but the comfort was just ok. Think the mics are better than UTWS5, but haven’t tested. My Sennies-

I so hope that Senn will release a TWS adapter for their new IEM range...Case could be small, the software could be tailored for the new IEMS (prob means excellent transparency mode) and it could serve as a great revenue stream for Senn since you'd have to replace the adapter after some time depeneing on how much you strain the battery. Fiio makes excellent hardware....but their software is crap...

Especially now when the BT tech is finally catching up (LC3+/Snapdragon Sound).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back