Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 26, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #44,657 of 62,262
You know what, YOU bringing those up again made me look around the current amazon marketplace situation, and besides that one egghead whose refurb I had in my basket (and I guess amazon alerts them and then they can raise prices) I found another set Used-Very Good for a mere 55€ .. and it arrived today .. and it looks pristine! the previous owner never bothered to open / try the S / L eartips ... but they forgot to reset the buds, so I had to listen to looking for Shogo's mac, phone / ipad for a long while until i recalled how to reset the list ... now, next I need to test how well the battery still works ... from first hour of listening it seems ok .. :) Very happy!
Awesome 😎
I was just listening to Whole Lotta Love, and floored by the cymbals and high- hat. Lots of fun in that song.. Good old Zep…

Apr 26, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #44,658 of 62,262
Earin.com is having a sale. Blowing out the A-3 for $99 with the code VIPSALE. Not the best of the tiny buds, but for $99, definitely worth a look IMO. I may revisit for a pair to leave at the office.
Thanks for reporting. May I ask what "Open audio design" stands for and what are the its differences from "standard" wireless iem?

Apr 26, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #44,659 of 62,262
Thanks for reporting. May I ask what "Open audio design" stands for and what are the its differences from "standard" wireless iem?
They are like EarPods and don't have any tips that seal out sound so they are open. That gives issue for some since ears are different and they are one size fits all but some better than others.

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #44,660 of 62,262
\Flossy has a review up on the MTW3. Discarding his usual “show”, Sennheiser just might have a good thing here and much cheaper than B&O, B&W, Devialet or Noble.
I’m with @C_Lindbergh here. I would not invest more than 250 on a TWS. Not until LC3 at least. And even then...
But, to be honest, if I had funds to spare, I’d pull a few more triggers. Maybe like on the MTW3.
The thing with Flossy is he only focuses on one single genre, and bass only. His playlist is pretty much only rap, and his idea of sound quality is how powerful the bass is - it's too limited to take him very seriously. I need to see more comparisons and different genres/EQ.

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #44,661 of 62,262
I have been all hyped up for MTW3 but after listening to the microphone, and the reviewer's comparison with AZ60 I can't believe this but I am gonna skip MTW3. The looks are also plain and not nice like MTW2 imo.

Next I guess Beoplay EX look interesting and I hope they implement a "Mute" button for phone calls if they went all the way to include stems for better microphone....

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #44,662 of 62,262
Saw that they put up internal photos of the AT TWX9 and the parts do say CKR90TW on them(guess that was the original name). :) They thankfully took down some of those blah external pics and put up a couple better ones...
1651024794636.png
1651024830452.png

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #44,663 of 62,262
I have been all hyped up for MTW3 but after listening to the microphone, and the reviewer's comparison with AZ60 I can't believe this but I am gonna skip MTW3. The looks are also plain and not nice like MTW2 imo.

Next I guess Beoplay EX look interesting and I hope they implement a "Mute" button for phone calls if they went all the way to include stems for better microphone....
I have the EQ, will get the EX and the MTW3. That said, I love my EQ. Had the AZ60 twice but very much prefer the former. Something about the way B&O tunes is euphoric to my ears.

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #44,665 of 62,262
The thing with Flossy is he only focuses on one single genre, and bass only. His playlist is pretty much only rap, and his idea of sound quality is how powerful the bass is - it's too limited to take him very seriously. I need to see more comparisons and different genres/EQ.
I have never taken that dude too seriously. I'm sure he's a decent person and I don't like piling on anyone but he isn't exactly the last word in audio. He's entertaining for sure. You are right he is into rap/R&B and that's about it it seems, but even with those genres some of the recommended sets he's propped up don't even replay those genres well. I think it's L-shaped beefed up low end, big bass and that's about it. I could be wrong as I haven't watched his stuff in a bit but... There are better actual audio review channels

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #44,666 of 62,262
What do you think of the mics with the latest update?

(Nice to see my ears actually heard the same differences as yours :) )
Whelp, you're right. I picked up the MW08 Sport from Costco US again before the sale ended. M&W fixed the mic issue and they sound great. Did the old voice recording test and they're fixed :) Happy to be back. Looking forward to putting them through their tests the next few days. Woo hoo!

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #44,667 of 62,262
I have never taken that dude too seriously. I'm sure he's a decent person and I don't like piling on anyone but he isn't exactly the last word in audio. He's entertaining for sure. You are right he is into rap/R&B and that's about it it seems, but even with those genres some of the recommended sets he's propped up don't even replay those genres well. I think it's L-shaped beefed up low end, big bass and that's about it. I could be wrong as I haven't watched his stuff in a bit but... There are better actual audio review channels
Nah, me neither. I think you and I touched on this ages ago. Take what everyone says and use that accordingly. Opinions are like... well, you know. I didn't like the tuning of the MTW2, so I'm hoping the 3 are a step up. If not, sayonara. In Flossy's world, everything seems to be a major major major go. But he was right on the B&O EQ in my world, so there's that.

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #44,668 of 62,262
Nah, me neither. I think you and I touched on this ages ago.
We covered this. It isn't so much what Flossy says. It is more what White Shoes says! Can always count on him for the real deal.

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #44,669 of 62,262
We covered this. It isn't so much what Flossy says. It is more what White Shoes says! Can always count on him for the real deal.
I mean, he is a pretty cute cat. What's not to like? I'm well versed in the White Shoes song as it's a Pete the Cat staple for my kid here at the house.

Apr 26, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #44,670 of 62,262
I have the EQ, will get the EX and the MTW3. That said, I love my EQ. Had the AZ60 twice but very much prefer the former. Something about the way B&O tunes is euphoric to my ears.
I loved the EQ sound too, but the damn EQs had QA issues, left earbud would stop playing music randomly. Happened twice, two different pairs! I heard they finally added track skip shortcuts so that's good.

Loving the Technics AZ60. These are the most well rounded TWS imo. I have always been a Technics fan too from their old days so nice to see the brand making a comeback. I will definitely give EX a try. MTW3 I am gonna skip for sure.

BTW, I use Beoplay H95 when home and this thing works great for calls and sound is so flat and natural I love it. It is a bit heavy though so headband causes headache after long use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back