Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 28, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #40,576 of 63,208
We know about the N10 Pro and late on a review since nobody in here wants those at this point. If you aren't looking to the future like the two new Nuarl, tentatively X47 and X77, and other CES stuff you are not caught up to us.

I had the first FX100T model and skipped this one since I did not think the ANC was gonna be very good and the battery life and way they would fit and stick out was not for me. Doesn't sound like they are really great but very very good. Sounds like they have some really nice mids and they fade a bit towards the ends in quality as if they put the good driver in there but didn't put the amplification in there to get the best out of them. Just my thought gathered from what I have read as I have not heard them.

Nuarl Snapdragon sound (X77) VS Nuarl LDAC (X47), this should be interesting.

Dec 28, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #40,578 of 63,208
Based on the image of Shure Aonic, Shure should attach the wireless adapter to the end of a sunglasses. There are so many sunglasses companies out there. Maybe a neoprene sleeve can couple them together.
I have the Soundcore Frames for that. Not the best but very very useful at times when you are forced to go on an excursion with a toddler and need your ears to be open. Plus, Anker sent me a second set of front frames so it's pretty damn cool to swap them for a different look at times. Cost me 150.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #40,580 of 63,208
I just realized these bluetooth wireless adapter don't have ambient mode yet. The Soundcore sacrifices bass I suppose to get ambient pass through for a lack of a better word.
Shure just calls it environmental mode but they have it and the FiiO will have it when an update is finished.

Nuarl Snapdragon sound (X77) VS Nuarl LDAC (X47), this should be interesting.
I think the X77 was too early and they didn't give any real details back then. The higher model may just have everything the other has and then some. Outside chance it may be AptX loseless vs. LDAC. We don't know it all just yet.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #40,581 of 63,208
I bought both the 2 Pin and the MMCX UTWS5s. But I ordered that MMCX to 2 Pin adapter so if that works well and doesn't feel too long, I may not need both. I do also have the Shure TW2 but a while back I tried the adapter on them and it just made the fit wonky. I bet you can flip those UTWS3s if you wanted on eBay or someplace if you wanted. How do you think I keep my addition going?! I'm still rockin' the UTWS5's today with those Thieaudio L4s and man, they really do shine in a way nothing comes close. I do love my SE846 but the L4s are just not as intrusive in my ears. The only TWS imo that comes close is the Noble Fokus Pro, which are just sick. Really hope that's where they all head. Moondrop, Thieaudio and the like need to create some pure IEMs that are TW like the Fokus. They can all compete to make the perfect bud. One can dream?
Ya I bought some time ago some very small mmcx to 2pin adapters and 2 pin to mmcx. It seems the utws5 case gives enough room for it all as long as the Iems aren't too enormous. I have the 2 pin to mmcx adapter on my utws5 with the Fiio FH5 and it just sounds so nice right now man. Actually anything I have put on this set of adapters has given me pretty damn good synergy. I am about to hit the buy now on the Bqeyz Autumn and I am pretty jacked about that. However the TRI I3 Pro is $20 bucks off on Amazon and so I am having a very hard time choosing between the two. Anyways I will likely put one of those on the utws5. As far as reselling... Ya I have sold quite a bit of my addiction on ebay or Facebook marketplace and I agree the Utws3 are going to be in there very soon... I sell em cheap, hopefully someone can get good use out of them. Also, I have been contemplating the Thieaudio L5 as it sells for 249 on Amazon and a renewed set is there for 160ish. This hobby is crazy man. I liked the L4 alot... I wish I hadn't have sold them, they were my favorite thieaudio set for sure so I can understand your joy in them. I am also thinking of the Focus Pro... If you don't mind, where did you purchase them from?

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #40,582 of 63,208
I don't think so. Didn't you post a picture? I swear the box said Gen 2. Amazon does this every now and then where they'll blow out a deal. Happens on some buds. For instance, I grabbed the Marshall Mode II for 140 and now they're 179. No rhyme or reason. Amazon just undercuts at times. Maybe they had a ton of overstock and some algorithm dropped the price. Who knows!
I passed on the Marshall's, how have you been liking them?

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #40,583 of 63,208
Ya I bought some time ago some very small mmcx to 2pin adapters and 2 pin to mmcx. It seems the utws5 case gives enough room for it all as long as the Iems aren't too enormous. I have the 2 pin to mmcx adapter on my utws5 with the Fiio FH5 and it just sounds so nice right now man. Actually anything I have put on this set of adapters has given me pretty damn good synergy. I am about to hit the buy now on the Bqeyz Autumn and I am pretty jacked about that. However the TRI I3 Pro is $20 bucks off on Amazon and so I am having a very hard time choosing between the two. Anyways I will likely put one of those on the utws5. As far as reselling... Ya I have sold quite a bit of my addiction on ebay or Facebook marketplace and I agree the Utws3 are going to be in there very soon... I sell em cheap, hopefully someone can get good use out of them. Also, I have been contemplating the Thieaudio L5 as it sells for 249 on Amazon and a renewed set is there for 160ish. This hobby is crazy man. I liked the L4 alot... I wish I hadn't have sold them, they were my favorite thieaudio set for sure so I can understand your joy in them. I am also thinking of the Focus Pro... If you don't mind, where did you purchase them from?
Ha ha! I have the Autumn our for delivery right now :) Will report back. I almost got the L5s but read that the 4s were better on many sites. Who knows. I also have the FH9s coming on Friday. Trying a bunch out to see what I like for long term. I got into this a while back with the adapters then stuck with the regular TWS, but man, it's just no contest against most TWS buds.

I'm like you, I don't mind blowing stuff out if I got good use out of them.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #40,584 of 63,208
Ha ha! I have the Autumn our for delivery right now :) Will report back. I almost got the L5s but read that the 4s were better on many sites. Who knows. I also have the FH9s coming on Friday. Trying a bunch out to see what I like for long term. I got into this a while back with the adapters then stuck with the regular TWS, but man, it's just no contest against most TWS buds.

I think I will def join you on the Autumn. Really amazing reviews and I love good single DD's. Those magnetic tuning plugs are a nice touxh

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #40,585 of 63,208
I passed on the Marshall's, how have you been liking them?
They're so small, which is why I gravitated to them. Sound is great, better with a little EQ imo. Case is so small and has wireless charging. I'm going to use them as an out-and-about pair that are low profile in my ears and pocket. Had one issue yesterday where one bud showed as dead in the app. I had to reset and repair and that fixed it. Not having any issues today, but I'm going to keep an eye on that weird battery drain. BT has a couple cutouts at times but nothing that seems crazy abnormal yet. No issues since the reset. Decent enough on quick phone calls. No one has complained. Don't buy them for full price. I know there's a Honey coupon for the Marshall site if you go that route. I always go Amazon if I can.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #40,586 of 63,208

Interesting. Got the Autumn as well :grinning:. I was looking for an L4 / Autumn comparison as that seemed interesting.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #40,587 of 63,208
I think I will def join you on the Autumn. Really amazing reviews and I love good single DD's. Those magnetic tuning plugs are a nice touxh
Yeah, I'm going to do a showdown and see how they compare to the L4 later today. I'm also looking for a good therapist. damn.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #40,588 of 63,208
Interesting. Got the Autumn as well :grinning:. I was looking for an L4 / Autumn comparison as that seemed interesting.
You're the one who turned me onto the Autumn. So I read all the rave reviews. This is all your fault!

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #40,589 of 63,208
Yeah, I'm going to do a showdown and see how they compare to the L4 later today. I'm also looking for a good therapist. damn.
Bro..... You and me both... This hobby is a constant in my life.... All day. My 6 year old pulls Daddy away alot and I get to be the Boy Barbie for a bit but.... Ya therapist... Lol

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #40,590 of 63,208
Bro..... You and me both... This hobby is a constant in my life.... All day. My 6 year old pulls Daddy away alot and I get to be the Boy Barbie for a bit but.... Ya therapist... Lol
Ha ha! Right now we're watching some dumb YouTube channel where someone recorded dinosaurs from I think a Jurassic Park game. I have to read what they are for him. He's 3.5. This was supposed to be my 17 days off in a row for the holidays until Omicron effed daycare out here. Now it's Daddy Daycare. But hey, glad I'm not wearing Barbie gear, even if it is a boy! Soooo... enter stupid headphones and music in between shouting out dino names. I'm a bad father?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back