Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 10, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #39,212 of 62,660
2 LDAC capable true wireless earbuds.

lK7Kkzl.jpg

ba5Caf1.jpg

yq0xScV.jpg

4iVMMja.jpg

Technics case is smaller than Sony's but does not have wireless charging. Technics buds are smaller and more comfortable in the ears, the tips come in 7 sizes.

It is possible to have all controls on the Technics and can be customized via the app. For Sony, you'd have to choose between volume control or ANC/ambient control.

The Technics sound the opposite of the Sony. Sony sounds very smooth with excellent detail retrieval and resolution. The Technics has a brighter and more exciting sound signature. The high-mid are boosted, and the bass sounds bigger than the Sony. Detail and resolution on the Technics is excellent as well. The Technics might appeal to people who find the Sony "dull", while the Technics may sound more fatiguing due to the brighter high-mid. Mids and vocals of the Technics come across as natural without sounding robotic or tinny. The bass on the Technics has more impact, maybe due to its larger 8mm drivers as compared to the Sony's 6mm driver.

The just my voice feature on the Technics works really well. Think of it as ANC for talking, it filters out most background noise and only your voice is audible. Some tiny shortcomings will be your voice will sound flatter, and if you whisper, your voice might not be picked up.
Good comparison that I was waiting for someone to do. How was battery life on the two with LDAC on?

Nov 11, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #39,214 of 62,660
I was comparing these to the Jabra Elite 3 last night for sound and today for performance outside esp. with regards to the ambient. The AT has better mics and/or implementation. On both the JVC and Jabra there is a bit of tunneling. The Jabras mics are better than the JVC but I was playing a little basketball and they both give a dodgeball like clank when dribbling the ball. The AT sounds like normal bouncing. Calls, outside of a smidge more quiet than the Jabra on the voice and less warm. Can't tell you about the Sony though. I have read the reviews that the Jabra and XM4 are on par and the Sony are like the AT. Jabra Elite 7 Pro again said to be little less warm and weighty on the voice. The Elite 3 is kinda odd where the calls are quite good though the ambient is good but not great. The AT do have sidetone and the Jabra don't.

As for sound the Jabra is an overachiever and the two sound a bit similar. I can use nearly the same EQ settings. The AT is warmer and does have more bass. More warmth and weight and grandeur to it. More depth and 3D and it is more headphone like so not just simply more in amount. Better in extension as well. They sound pretty similar both on aptX and they are the only two so far I could use my Cowon EQ with and get a better sound than just the presets. Even the N6 Pro 2 are not as natural even with the technical prowess, natural is another thing. With both the ambient and the sound, the Nuarl is brighter and cleaner but not more natural and not as good for TWS. Both more fun and substantial like a headphone and better out in the real world.
nice review, seem like its worth to wait till ATH distributor bring it to my country.
or i can just pull the trigger and get it from amazon jp :L3000:

Nov 11, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #39,216 of 62,660
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your opinions and ideas! :)

I've just ordered the Technics EAH-AZ60 silver. I will have them by tomorrow, most probably, so we will see...

Nov 11, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #39,217 of 62,660
So, AliExpress' 11/11 is starting in 22 minutes! What'cha all getting?

I am still considering the Fiil T2 Pro, but there are no 'real' reviews out there yet, and price will most likely come down ... I just feel greedy because I have that 7$ coupon I need to burn :D Or do I? I do have enough music making devices :)

Oh, but seems there is a video for the Earfun Pro 2 out, and like before, they look identical

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #39,219 of 62,660
I'm really liking the 1more Comfobuds, they really feel like what I want in a bud. In a perfect world the sound would've been even better and more hi-fi, but they feel like my "no-brainer" earbud that I don't have to think about much. They just sound good and balanced and the call quality is good enough to not have to be stressed taking a call with them, and they're really comfortable. I reach for them more than my Devialet Gemini's right now, which for less than 1/3 of the price is not bad at all. With that said they don't necessarily sound better than the Devialet Gemini, but I think the sound signature is slightly more my type of sound.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #39,221 of 62,660
I'm really liking the 1more Comfobuds, they really feel like what I want in a bud. In a perfect world the sound would've been even better and more hi-fi, but they feel like my "no-brainer" earbud that I don't have to think about much. They just sound good and balanced and the call quality is good enough to not have to be stressed taking a call with them, and they're really comfortable. I reach for them more than my Devialet Gemini's right now, which for less than 1/3 of the price is not bad at all. With that said they don't necessarily sound better than the Devialet Gemini, but I think the sound signature is slightly more my type of sound.
Which Comfobuds? Pro? Z? 2?
After thinking about getting the Pro for such a long time and reading so many good things (and still not overcoming that pointy stem design!), I caved in after I realized I can get them on 11.11 with some coupon magic at 53.44$ ... blue ones ... if those are the Aurora Blue .. we shall see ...

Nov 11, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #39,222 of 62,660
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your opinions and ideas! :)

I've just ordered the Technics EAH-AZ60 silver. I will have them by tomorrow, most probably, so we will see...
Technics is a good set. I did need the drivers to settle a bit as out of the box these get congested in complicated tracks. Anyways the technics are nice. They don't have the tonality of the M1+ but they are nice. I wouldn't say they are great yet. They imo Def need some eq'ing, not as much as the LP3 but they need it. It's all trial and error buy and return in this tws hobby. No one has gotten it perfectly right as I have complaints about the Technics for sure. I am like you, I care first about SQ and everything else is a distant second. I was surprised you thought M1 and M1+ were so close in SQ. I found them to be a good measure apart. Oh well, Im just glad you went with a very well rounded set in the AZ60. They really can be eq'd to the top tier in SQ. Again, let the drivers burn in and settle and just like the M1+ these drivers take a good week to open up for some reason. I wrestled with taking these back for a bit until one day the AZ60 started to wow me. I did take the filter sponge out of the tips that come stock and you may want to do that as well. They have this little sponge in every tip and it really dulls the upper mids and treble... Weird

Nov 11, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #39,223 of 62,660
Which Comfobuds? Pro? Z? 2?
After thinking about getting the Pro for such a long time and reading so many good things (and still not overcoming that pointy stem design!), I caved in after I realized I can get them on 11.11 with some coupon magic at 53.44$ ... blue ones ... if those are the Aurora Blue .. we shall see ...
Pro - Aurora Blue

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #39,224 of 62,660
Ordered the Comfobuds Pro in Aurora Blue from Aliexpress for £46 after all the various discounts.

Couldn't say no at that price (had them in black previously and really liked the sound, fit and ANC/ambient, but returned because of lack of eq) even though I'm pretty happy with the Earfun Air Pro 2 I picked up this week.

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #39,225 of 62,660
Technics is a good set. I did need the drivers to settle a bit as out of the box these get congested in complicated tracks. Anyways the technics are nice. They don't have the tonality of the M1+ but they are nice. I wouldn't say they are great yet. They imo Def need some eq'ing, not as much as the LP3 but they need it. It's all trial and error buy and return in this tws hobby. No one has gotten it perfectly right as I have complaints about the Technics for sure. I am like you, I care first about SQ and everything else is a distant second. I was surprised you thought M1 and M1+ were so close in SQ. I found them to be a good measure apart. Oh well, Im just glad you went with a very well rounded set in the AZ60. They really can be eq'd to the top tier in SQ. Again, let the drivers burn in and settle and just like the M1+ these drivers take a good week to open up for some reason. I wrestled with taking these back for a bit until one day the AZ60 started to wow me. I did take the filter sponge out of the tips that come stock and you may want to do that as well. They have this little sponge in every tip and it really dulls the upper mids and treble... Weird
Well that's not totally true about everything else a distant second. :) If they dropped connection all the time you would ditch them.

nice review, seem like its worth to wait till ATH distributor bring it to my country.
or i can just pull the trigger and get it from amazon jp :L3000:

Up to you. Not sure about the price difference and conversion. It was the first one I think I paid more for buying from Japan. Usually cheaper but shorter on the warranty but also you get it weeks or months earlier depending. I guess I still got them quite earlier and @$185 with the DHL it might still be the same price if they are $169 here plus tax. I see here in the US the CKS5TW is not discontinued and the SQ1, which AT US just got in this fall, was first out on Amazon JP in October of 2020 so a year till that showed up here. We got the first review on Amazon Japan...

"5.0 out of 5 stars Personally wireless earphones are earphones that put an end to the swamp.
Reviewed in Japan on November 9, 2021
Color: Biege Verified Purchase
This is an obediently good earphone.
The battery lasted as long as a dumplings, and it was not a common fraud notation.
The sound quality is very clear with no strange noise from the minimum volume to the loud volume, and the bass is comfortable.
The bass is stronger than the previous SOLID BASS series ATH-CKS5TW, but there is no comparison because the noise was severe and the bass was vulgar in the first place.

And this may not be helpful because it is individual differences, but I was impressed with the wearing feeling too perfect.
Thanks to this, the effectiveness of ANC is also strong.

Until now, I purchased a large number of earphones with a battery of 10 hours or more, and I was not satisfied with the sound quality and wearing comfort and I was addicted to the earphone swamp, but finally put an end to this CKS50TW I will.
If it breaks, it was a product of the level that I wanted to repeat again.

Points I noticed in the postscript ◆ The volume is lower compared to other earphones in my possession. It is about 65% for CKS50TW to produce 50% volume with other earphones on PC. For those who like roast sounds, this point seems to affect the battery life.
However, the ratings are still good earphones."

Translated from Japanese by Amazon

I agree. Not that I had the CKS5TW but read that it is quite balanced so that fits there is actually more bass this time. The volume is also not the highest but also there might be that little bug that that I got where the volume did not change till a reset. They will still not be the loudest but more in between. Not sure, other than the CKS5TW, what other models they have had. Nice that you find them the one that makes you happy over the others but which ones? Though I am on board. Happy to stick with these for a while.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back