Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 15, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #36,271 of 62,436
I seem to recall asking before but I might have just thought about asking, but are there any reliable European web stores that sell Nuarl earbuds?

Aug 15, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #36,272 of 62,436
I'm somewhat agreeing because the Bluetooth tech is improving drastically and I can tell how damn fast earbuds have gotten to connect with phones on BT 5.2, I have three earbuds with 5.2 and two with... i'm not sure, 5.0 or 5.1, and most if not all of the 5.2 earbuds are already connected by the time i've gotten them in my ears, while the MT2's need a couple of seconds before it's connected.

But I feel like sound is the thing that has progressed the least on average, and if an older earbud is known to sound good and are offered at a discounted price I see few reasons to snag them if they're not known to suffer from some specific issue. If sound happens to be the main priority, of course.
Otherwise yes, agreed. Especially since you can find cheaper buds today that rival the performance of more expensive buds from just a year (ish) ago.
Sure. Depends on the savings I suppose. But 2 years in tws terms is like 5 years in normal tech. It’s moving at blazing speed. In the few occasions I’ve opted for the older model I’ve almost always regretted it.

Aug 15, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #36,275 of 62,436
Hi all. I’m selling my ddHifi TC28i USBC to lighting adapter, if anyone is interested. Ships from NYC instead of China.
What's that got to do with true wireless earphones. :ksc75smile:

Also, how come no TWS emoji on Head-Fi yet??

Aug 16, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #36,278 of 62,436
I know, my posts are missing the hype-mark by 3-6 months .. and why the heck do I keep buying new stuff when I already have endgame buds like the Bose and Sony and Jabra ... well, my excuse this time is that my teenager is asking for ANC buds and I am sure not giving him anything north of 200$ when I know how often he 'misplaces' stuff ... so .. after some research I thought about the Soundpeats T2 .. but checking more thoroughly it seems to be a bit of a gamble if one gets a good one or a bad apple (neither pun nor relation) ... scarbir describes the ANC sound glitch issues best and there are reviews on amazon / youtube sharing the same sentiment ...
anyhoo .. I was actually super surprised to find a shop that has soundpeat stuff here locally (H1 on pre-order) AND the price was even better than AliExpres (by a bit, probably the same after coupon magic) .. so, now I am testing for a few days if these are good and if not, I have to test how well 'warranty' or 'return' works here.
IMG_9197_JPG.jpg

But overall, oh wow, they are very comparable with the Jabra 85T in fit .. the ANC is impressive, not only for that price segment ... and the sound has that nice kinda dark, warm, snuggly blanket feel to it which I really like .. so .. I might keep'em ??? no, if they work without problems, the teen gets it :)

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #36,279 of 62,436
Aug 16, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #36,283 of 62,436
Have you tried disabling (or enabling, whichever is the opposite of what it is set to right now on your phone) "Absolute Volume" in your developer's settings?
Will give that a go and see how it goes :wink:

Aug 16, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #36,284 of 62,436
Anyone with the Klipsch T5 II ANC know how to lower the volume for voice prompts?
Not sure you can do that with the voice on the buds. I never really notice it.

Aug 16, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #36,285 of 62,436
I did too. Complete impulse buy at this price for a set that has an app and 50 levels of ANC intensity to choose from (whatever that means :))
Mine actually just arrived (I had ordered it yesterday), really fast shipping I guess. Needs to charge before using as per instructions. I think the batteries came completely drained. The case is very tiny which is quite nice. The housings are a little thicker and do stick out, though so do my Jabra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back