Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 17, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #36,301 of 62,435
Hello to all, hope everyone is healthy.
Till now i was listening to music through my sansa clip+ and my oneplus 7t pro from my betrusted rha ma390.
Now i need some tws that can handle music and movies through netflix, youtube with low latency. ANC is not that important.
The budget can stretch to a 250euro amount.
I have been all around for reviews and i am so confused. From Samsung buds plus to sennheiser mtw2 and xm4s.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
With sony xm4 I can't detect any delay on youtube and netflix apps. On vlc there is a 250/300 ms delay.

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #36,302 of 62,435
Hello to all, hope everyone is healthy.
Till now i was listening to music through my sansa clip+ and my oneplus 7t pro from my betrusted rha ma390.
Now i need some tws that can handle music and movies through netflix, youtube with low latency. ANC is not that important.
The budget can stretch to a 250euro amount.
I have been all around for reviews and i am so confused. From Samsung buds plus to sennheiser mtw2 and xm4s.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

for netflix and youtube, i think all of my TWS down to the cheapest ones seems to have no problem with latency, as the app itself have a good delay compensation..unless of course for gaming, then better search the ones with gaming mode or Aptx LL

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #36,303 of 62,435
for netflix and youtube, i think all of my TWS down to the cheapest ones seems to have no problem with latency, as the app itself have a good delay compensation..unless of course for gaming, then better search the ones with gaming mode or Aptx LL
Yep; my understanding is that both apps are optimized to minimize lag between the phone and earbuds. I don't think a single pair I own can't lock in latency. Even the 5K can keep sync over LDAC, which seems to be everyone's problem child when it comes to detectable lag.

Agreed about the gaming comments, though I'll add this is one of the things aptX Adaptive was supposed to help with. Assuming your device handles the codec, $50 gets you into the Edifier TWS1 Pro ($42.49 when I checked on Amazon). It's not the most stellar performer out there, but it's dead simple to use and probably is the cheapest way to get an Adaptive set at the moment (assuming you don't find a deal on something used).

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #36,305 of 62,435
Aug 17, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #36,306 of 62,435
Yeah, agreed, no interest, but I read people are subscribing. Different stokes. I had the Nuratrue but returned them. They don’t get very loud and the fit was temperamental. But they did sound very good after you run the personalized EQ. The Nurabuds do not have this feature but you can export from another Nura device and import into the Nurabuds.

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #36,307 of 62,435
Nura has always kinda done their own thing. I'll be surprised if this isn't successful, knowing how the general market behaves. Still probably won't be enough to take much market share from Apple, but I do hope they properly dispose of the used earbuds every two years or that's a whole lotta waste.
I have enough subscriptions in my life. I’ll give them credit for trying something new but i would rather just buy them for 100.

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #36,308 of 62,435
I have enough subscriptions in my life. I’ll give them credit for trying something new but i would rather just buy them for 100.
Completely agree.

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #36,309 of 62,435
Something else I think I am (and many others are) starting to accumulate too many of: TWS/headphone apps (and apps in general) on my phones. Would be nice if Qualcomm or a third party developed an app to control multiple devices across different manufacturers since many of them use similar chips. Just an idea...

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #36,310 of 62,435
To me they sound better than the Melomania Touch and they fit way better. Only downside, compared to the Melomania's, is that they don't have an app.
As for the customer service, apparently they had some kind of a technical problem with Zendesk; I got the responses to all my requests the last couple of days. So that seems solved. If you send them the order number, you get an extra 6 months of warranty.
Thanks, I will get that warranty extension!

Aug 17, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #36,311 of 62,435
I know, my posts are missing the hype-mark by 3-6 months .. and why the heck do I keep buying new stuff when I already have endgame buds like the Bose and Sony and Jabra ... well, my excuse this time is that my teenager is asking for ANC buds and I am sure not giving him anything north of 200$ when I know how often he 'misplaces' stuff ... so .. after some research I thought about the Soundpeats T2 .. but checking more thoroughly it seems to be a bit of a gamble if one gets a good one or a bad apple (neither pun nor relation) ... scarbir describes the ANC sound glitch issues best and there are reviews on amazon / youtube sharing the same sentiment ...
anyhoo .. I was actually super surprised to find a shop that has soundpeat stuff here locally (H1 on pre-order) AND the price was even better than AliExpres (by a bit, probably the same after coupon magic) .. so, now I am testing for a few days if these are good and if not, I have to test how well 'warranty' or 'return' works here.
IMG_9197_JPG.jpg
But overall, oh wow, they are very comparable with the Jabra 85T in fit .. the ANC is impressive, not only for that price segment ... and the sound has that nice kinda dark, warm, snuggly blanket feel to it which I really like .. so .. I might keep'em ??? no, if they work without problems, the teen gets it :)
I had the Soundpeats T2 under my radar too. I ended up buying the Jabra 85t because I found a good price, but I'm still curious how do they compare in terms of sound?
And do the T2 feel somehow open as the 85t or they create that closed-in feeling in the ear-canal?
Thanks!

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #36,312 of 62,435
Melomania 1+ arrived today. Packaging was excellent just like before.

Having some problems with the app though. I don't like that it forces you to update the firmware in order to use it.

Screenshot_20210817-160315.jpg

Got the firmware to update on the left bud no problem but for some reason it's stuck and won't update the ride side?

Screenshot_20210817-161149.png

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #36,313 of 62,435
Melomania 1+ arrived today. Packaging was excellent just like before.

Having some problems with the app though. I don't like that it forces you to update the firmware in order to use it.

Screenshot_20210817-160315.jpg

Got the firmware to update on the left bud no problem but for some reason it's stuck and won't update the ride side?

Screenshot_20210817-161149.png
What phone? If Android, force-close the app and dump the app cache, reopen and reattempt. I had similar issues.

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #36,314 of 62,435
What phone? If Android, force-close the app and dump the app cache, reopen and reattempt. I had similar issues.
Yeah Android, I figured it out. Had to unpair and re-pair the device. Needed to make sure both buds were paired/connected.

Screenshot_20210817-162547.png

They sound just like the original M1's. I think they sound quite nice with Wavelet AutoEQ on and using foam tips. The bass is still a little overbearing though, specifically in the midbass region. Maybe I'm just too used to so many IEMs that are neutral with subbass boost tuning. 😅

Aug 17, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #36,315 of 62,435
Yeah Android, I figured it out. Had to unpair and re-pair the device. Needed to make sure both buds were paired/connected.

They sound just like the original M1's. I think they sound quite nice with Wavelet AutoEQ on and using foam tips. The bass is still a little overbearing though, specifically in the midbass region. Maybe I'm just too used to so many IEMs that are neutral with subbass boost tuning. 😅
Yeah, takes a quick mental adjustment to get used to the healthier lower mids that seem to make up Cambridge's "sound." I find earbuds make a pretty decent palate-cleanser for that sort of thing, so I don't notice it now as much as I used to. Glad you were able to figure out the update issue.

Now I know I said there wouldn't be any new arrivals...

IMG_20210817_171949.jpg

...and I was serious. These are the wife's, but at least I can sneak them away from her every now and then. She just got a S21 Ultra, so no more Airpods Pro. Yes, I know they'll still pair up, but they won't "work" the same way and this is someone I'm trying to help get through the Apple-Android UI chasm. Really don't want to add TWS gripes into the list of issues I'll be dealing with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back