Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 29, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #34,756 of 62,012
Jun 29, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #34,757 of 62,012
Jun 29, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #34,758 of 62,012
Bah, shame the new Sennheisers doesn't have transparent hearing, I'm looking forward to their next iteration of the MTW! Maybe they can borrow some more audio-tech from their newest wired IEMs.

Personally I think that Sennheiser got the best app when it comes to features, even topping the new sony's.

*Fully customizable controls
* Option to adjust transparent hearing along with option to pause music when enabled
* Connection tab were you can connect or remove previous paired devices.

I'm not a fan of the MTW2's case tho, hopefully they make it the same shape as the CX-line up as well as getting rid of the awful cloth material.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #34,759 of 62,012
What battery issues did you have with the MTW2?
Also, what's your take on the sound quality on the Melomania Touch vs the MTW2? They used to be on my shortlist of earbuds I wanted to check out but I think it's a difficult product to get into because on paper there's nothing that stands out to me, no insane specs, a kinda bland design, lacking in some features... but the sound is supposed to be amazing. But when you can't try it first it gets tougher to make that purchase.

I didn’t end up owning them. I tried a burned-in pair, liked the sound. From memory they had a good soundstage and imaging. I believe they were around 250€ when I tested them. I read the case had battery draining issues and I wasn’t up for it.

I went the MT route and I’m happy with them at half the price of the others.

I know it’s hard to try them at stores (impossible in Portugal) and I don’t like the purchase and return process so I risked it. At first I wasn’t so happy with the connectivity issues they had... but that’s gone. Even the sound improved with firmware and any EQ corrections were no longer even needed.

Jun 29, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #34,760 of 62,012
Actually those are LHDC. :) That train is rolling as well and has some interesting members like Senn, 1More, AT, FiiO, Edifier, HiFiman, and Dunu.

Though Edifier claiming they are the first Hi-Res certified ANC wireless? XM4 anyone? China companies and their claims lol!

From the wiki: On 2 September 2018 the Hi-Res Wireless Audio (HWA) Union was formed to promote LHDC adoption.[8] Also known as the HWA Alliance. The HWA Union Board of Directors includes:

Other HWA Union members include:

That train has been halted for a time. There is not good way to use the codec. There are, like four apps that contain the codec (because it hasn't been implemented into the android system except on a couple phones), but they are VERY spotty, or crappy, or don't even work at best. I would love to give it a try, because I have some Hifiman Deva that have the ability to use that codec, but....

Jun 29, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #34,761 of 62,012
That train has been halted for a time. There is not good way to use the codec. There are, like four apps that contain the codec (because it hasn't been implemented into the android system except on a couple phones), but they are VERY spotty, or crappy, or don't even work at best. I would love to give it a try, because I have some Hifiman Deva that have the ability to use that codec, but....
Yep, one is rolling like an old old steam locomotive and the other like an NYC transit local with track work going on.

Jun 29, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #34,762 of 62,012
For the Flossy Carter's of the world. White Shoes likes dat bass!!
Maximum bass, maximum highs, minimum mids. Wouldn't it be ironic if White Shoes only listened to fusion jazz...
Bah, shame the new Sennheisers doesn't have transparent hearing, I'm looking forward to their next iteration of the MTW! Maybe they can borrow some more audio-tech from their newest wired IEMs.
Or perhaps the ability to use Left/Right independently. If the new generation doesn't support this, count me out.
Personally I think that Sennheiser got the best app when it comes to features, even topping the new sony's.

*Fully customizable controls
* Option to adjust transparent hearing along with option to pause music when enabled
* Connection tab were you can connect or remove previous paired devices.

I'm not a fan of the MTW2's case tho, hopefully they make it the same shape as the CX-line up as well as getting rid of the awful cloth material.
I don't think you'd want the CX shell. Really fussy with ears; the MTW shells honestly look much more comfortable.

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #34,764 of 62,012
I didn’t end up owning them. I tried a burned-in pair, liked the sound. From memory they had a good soundstage and imaging. I believe they were around 250€ when I tested them. I read the case had battery draining issues and I wasn’t up for it.

I went the MT route and I’m happy with them at half the price of the others.

I know it’s hard to try them at stores (impossible in Portugal) and I don’t like the purchase and return process so I risked it. At first I wasn’t so happy with the connectivity issues they had... but that’s gone. Even the sound improved with firmware and any EQ corrections were no longer even needed.
The case battery draining issue was with the original Senn MTW, not the MTW2

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #34,765 of 62,012
Should have my Melomania Touch's here in a few hours. I'll be pairing them, updating them if need be, and hopefully be enjoying them real soon. I have really high hopes.

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #34,766 of 62,012
For the Flossy Carter's of the world. White Shoes likes dat bass!!
I don't understand why people like the heavy bassy sound tbh. It gives me a headache if the bass is too powerful. Perhaps it has to do with the genre people listen to - rap and heavy metal very often gets extremely bass heavy. I don't listen to much rap or heavy metal personally. Often you can't even hear the lyrics when it gets very bass heavy, but some people still enjoy that.

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #34,767 of 62,012
Yep, one is rolling like an old old steam locomotive and the other like an NYC transit local with track work going on.
LOL

Should have my Melomania Touch's here in a few hours. I'll be pairing them, updating them if need be, and hopefully be enjoying them real soon. I have really high hopes.
Let us know your impressions on them when you do?! :)

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #34,768 of 62,012
I don't understand why people like the heavy bassy sound tbh. It gives me a headache if the bass is too powerful. Perhaps it has to do with the genre people listen to - rap and heavy metal very often gets extremely bass heavy. I don't listen to much rap or heavy metal personally. Often you can't even hear the lyrics when it gets very bass heavy, but some people still enjoy that.
I can see where you are coming from, but have to disagree just a tad... With the right IEMs/headphones even rap can be very enjoyable. I'm talking about a very refined type that the bass never bleeds into the mids, but is able to reach very low. Otherwise, on (improperly implemented) V shaped sound, and IMO the Harmon curve in general type phones do exactly as you suggested, and I also hate that very much.

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #34,770 of 62,012
I meant the shape of the case :)
Oh in that case, I agree! Case is a great size.
This thread is moving at a brisk pace! Love it. Those UE Fits are a very interesting concept - hadn’t heard about them before. Shame there’s no transparency mode though.
Hahaha that's the TWS thread for you. Plan for about a chapter's reading each day. Can't say we're short on content.

Yep. I wish they had HearThrough as well, but they're so simple to take out and I can hear well enough passively that it probably wouldn't be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back