Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #34,321 of 62,401
Also worth mentioning that aptX is not included, which means it's either LDAC/UAT or AAC/SBC. Just caught that in the comments section.

1623777522535.png

And I don't say this to dog-pile on HiBy, but I'd hate for someone to get a pair, find out LDAC doesn't work for them (or the battery is insufficient), and then be stuck with AAC/SBC due to a lack of alternatives.
Yeah, they support LDAC, aac, uat, and sbc. I believe sbc uses the least battery of any of the codecs and sounds the worst. They are advertising LDAC and 6hrs battery life, but you have to go out of your way to search through the Q&A to find out the 6hrs is with sbc. They don't mention how much battery life is with LDAC or even AAC. They must know that if they were to advertise that, it would kill their launch instantly. I bet most people who sign up for the Kickstarter campaign will not go searching through the Q&A or know that LDAC is a battery killer unlike sbc.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #34,322 of 62,401
Good points, I looked at them due to above post on Kickstarter (never seen them before this but know the band) and saw battery life and knew it would not be LDAC and seen no mention of any aptX range of codecs so shut the webpage.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #34,323 of 62,401
Well I’ll be able to tell you guys that as soon as mine arrive :)

i want to use them in LDAC mode with my Nvidia shield for watching movies
LDAC has the highest latency of them all due to it also the highest bitrate, you may be ok if you are not too far away.

I meant to test the other night with Sony WF-1000XM4 but forgot, I think it did test with my Fiio LCB-T2 when I got them.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #34,324 of 62,401
Yup, looks like it's a bit over 3hrs with LDAC. We don't know what the listening volume was so that could impact the battery life further for some people. TWS typically also begins to drop in battery life efficiency after some time.
Officially HiBy explains there will be 4 hours of playback time when using LDAC with their software optimization. Testing on LDAC connection mode there is still power after more than 3 hours of continuous listening, which isn’t much but the sound quality is quite consistent even when the battery is lower.
https://headfonics.com/hiby-wh2-review/

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #34,325 of 62,401
hmm… I didn’t know about the BT20’s… any thoughts on whether those, the UTSW3, or iBasso CF-01s would be best with JH Lola’s?
It's going to be a matter of impedance-matching, probably. The CF01 are right in the 20-ish ohm nominal area, which makes them a great pairing for the P1. At 16 ohms nominal for the Lola (plus whatever's introduced via the adapter, it probably puts you in a similar category. I'd say if you're already connecting up a $1200 pair of IEMs to these things, might as well max out the adapter's potential while you're at it. My recommendation goes to the iBasso, but I think it goes without saying that I'm particularly biased in that aspect and haven't tried the Fiio or TRN models.

Jun 15, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #34,326 of 62,401
IMG_20210615_110011.jpg

No way...this just arrived. Am I being Punk'd right now? Seriously gave up expecting these to show up.

IMG_20210615_110235.jpg

Don't know if further unboxing is necessary. Pack-ins are pretty sparse and this gives all the illusions of being a TWS1 that's been mildly refreshed, given some matte coating on the case, and sent on its merry way. You'd be hard-pressed to tell these apart from the originals.

What is impressive, however, is that these still had a charge when I opened them. They've been sitting in transit for two months, so I'm amazed they had any charge left whatsoever.

IMG_20210615_111203.jpg

On the left are my 7-year old daughter's daily drivers, in desperate need of a cleaning. On the right, well, you get the point. And, yes, I cleaned them. Was surprisingly easy:

11514751.jpg

Granted, I don't have high hopes for these otherwise, but at least now I can finally test aptX Adaptive and see if it's the codec or the implementation that's been making things so rough for the NFPs.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #34,327 of 62,401
Same boat. These will go in the pile with every other average set of tws I have amassed.

Separately, is anyone running the moondrop aria with a BT20s? If so, how’s the synergy? Apologies if this has been covered already.
I am, and I love the two together. Unshakable fit with zero complaints in the sound department (including no floor hiss - though I am working out and blasting metal). I do have to crank the volume on these.

Jun 15, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #34,328 of 62,401
It's going to be a matter of impedance-matching, probably. The CF01 are right in the 20-ish ohm nominal area, which makes them a great pairing for the P1. At 16 ohms nominal for the Lola (plus whatever's introduced via the adapter, it probably puts you in a similar category. I'd say if you're already connecting up a $1200 pair of IEMs to these things, might as well max out the adapter's potential while you're at it. My recommendation goes to the iBasso, but I think it goes without saying that I'm particularly biased in that aspect and haven't tried the Fiio or TRN models.
makes sense now that you explained it :) I’ll try the iBasso’s! Hopefully someone comes out with adapters with LDAC, AptxHD, etc

Jun 15, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #34,329 of 62,401
Hadn't really noticed it. I mentioned the new Aviot TE-D01t and that it was an ANC model but they seem to be the first to hit the 18 hour per charge battery mark. 60 with the case. Not with ANC of course they say 20-30% less for ANC. Still 12 or maybe more with ANC. They say they can be turned off so you can leave the case at home :) Pretty interesting with a new 10mm driver, ANC, Qi plus that battery life and the looks.

Jun 16, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #34,332 of 62,401
Im split, the N400 sounds awesome, but the lack of multipoint, the issues with the problematic contacts (got sick of pulling them out and them being dead), the iffy controls, and the ANC is next to useless.

Bought the Huawei freebuds pro, sounds less nice, ANC works better, has multipoint connection seamless. between PC and my cellphone at work

for now, i think that the n400 for free time and the freebuds for work.
Love mine. EQ'd them on my Samsung and use Dolby Atmos and they sound great.
The controls fit ANC and wireless charging all work great as does the multipoint.

Jun 16, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #34,333 of 62,401
Well, I finally arrived in MA where I had the XM4 waiting for me - and I'm honestly a little underwhelmed by the sound. On some tracks, and particularly voice calls, there's a bit of a hint of a metallic resonance (think the sound you hear when you're talking loudly near a large metal hollow object like a clothes dryer). I'm still going to play with them and the EQ, and see if the "slight crackle" goes away for other phone call types (other than VOIP) but my hunch is these will not make the cut for me. Haven't played with ANC yet, but the least important to me after sound and call mic quality.

So, now I'm eyeing the Nuarl N10 Pro and JBL Tour Pro+ (now on Amazon). The JBL Club Pro+ were my favs until I lost them.

Does anyone have any hands on experience with the new JBL Tour Pro+? Reviews I've found sound promising albeit not overly enthusiastic.

Alternatively, anyone have any other strong strong suggestions? I appreciate solid deep bass that is crisp/resolute, am a bit treble sensitive, but like sparkle. I've eyed the CA MT but didn't love the stories of touch/connection woes. Thank you!

Jun 16, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #34,334 of 62,401
Well, I finally arrived in MA where I had the XM4 waiting for me - and I'm honestly a little underwhelmed by the sound. On some tracks, and particularly voice calls, there's a bit of a hint of a metallic resonance (think the sound you hear when you're talking loudly near a large metal hollow object like a clothes dryer). I'm still going to play with them and the EQ, and see if the "slight crackle" goes away for other phone call types (other than VOIP) but my hunch is these will not make the cut for me. Haven't played with ANC yet, but the least important to me after sound and call mic quality.

So, now I'm eyeing the Nuarl N10 Pro and JBL Tour Pro+ (now on Amazon). The JBL Club Pro+ were my favs until I lost them.

Does anyone have any hands on experience with the new JBL Tour Pro+? Reviews I've found sound promising albeit not overly enthusiastic.

Alternatively, anyone have any other strong strong suggestions? I appreciate solid deep bass that is crisp/resolute, am a bit treble sensitive, but like sparkle. I've eyed the CA MT but didn't love the stories of touch/connection woes. Thank you!
I also hear that same “metallic “ sound on male vocals. I cannot seem to EQ that away. Nonetheless the whole package makes ese a keeper, for me.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #34,335 of 62,401

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back