Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 14, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #34,291 of 62,401
Listening again over weekend and I think the 10s keep getting better, no problem at all with volume, such a fun listen and I've gotten a good foam fit and using wings now. I wonder if you had a defective set or if they just sound worse on IPhone vs Android ?
Good question... amazon accepted the return, no questions asked so I’m glad I gave them a try.

My next little project is to get a Fiio UTSW3 and connect it to my JH Lola’s. Should make A pretty wicked TWS setup.

Only thing is I had to order adapters to go from 4-pin to MMCX which were like $70 or $80 with international shipping. and who knows how long it’ll take for those to arrive.

Jun 14, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #34,292 of 62,401
Good question... amazon accepted the return, no questions asked so I’m glad I gave them a try.

My next little project is to get a Fiio UTSW3 and connect it to my JH Lola’s. Should make A pretty wicked TWS setup.

Only thing is I had to order adapters to go from 4-pin to MMCX which were like $70 or $80 with international shipping. and who knows how long it’ll take for those to arrive.
If it's coming 4px, it arrives on the back of a very intoxicated dolphin. ETA will be about seven weeks.

Jun 14, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #34,293 of 62,401
If it's coming 4px, it arrives on the back of a very intoxicated dolphin. ETA will be about seven weeks.
Hahaha

I’d thought about getting a mid-range (“cheaper”) pair of IEMs for this, but I’ve wanted a pair of TOTL customs for years.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #34,294 of 62,401

I wonder how much the UTSW3 would bottleneck a high end iem like a U12T or Odin.

Anyone have this experience?

Jun 15, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #34,295 of 62,401
I'll give DSEE a listen later tonight. If if affects really high frequencies, I may not hear it, I have old man hearing that tops out at 14.5 kHz.
report on DSEE listening, on the Sony WF-1000xm4s:

(1) If you have the equalizer on, that pre-empts DSEE, per the Sony doco.

(2) I primarily listen to files on the phone's SD card, all of which are FLACs of various bit-depths and sampling rates. Even with 16-44, i.e., std CD-resolution, I can't detect any differences with DSEE on vs off.

(3) I can't get streaming music ... which presumably is lossy ... to keep playing while I switch to the Sony app to turn the DSEE on/off. Probably ignorance, or possibly my playback device & its setting, but either way, I can't test the effect of DSEE on lossy streamed music.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #34,296 of 62,401
The Beats Studio Pro weren't really on my radar, but at $150, I'm actually kind of intrigued. I've actually been using the Beats Flex for about a month now and they aren't mind blowing, but they aren't all that bad either. It has a pretty mainstream V-shaped sound, but it does it well. Certainly not anything like what most people described as the Beats sound in the past.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #34,297 of 62,401
report on DSEE listening, on the Sony WF-1000xm4s:

(1) If you have the equalizer on, that pre-empts DSEE, per the Sony doco.

(2) I primarily listen to files on the phone's SD card, all of which are FLACs of various bit-depths and sampling rates. Even with 16-44, i.e., std CD-resolution, I can't detect any differences with DSEE on vs off.

(3) I can't get streaming music ... which presumably is lossy ... to keep playing while I switch to the Sony app to turn the DSEE on/off. Probably ignorance, or possibly my playback device & its setting, but either way, I can't test the effect of DSEE on lossy streamed music.
Not all streamed music is lossy. Qobuz is 16/44 up to 24/192

Jun 15, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #34,299 of 62,401
The HiBy WH2 is the first TWS IEM with LDAC support and it's officially launching today on Kickstarter. The version we looked at is the one with the double BA drivers, and it impresses.

https://www.headfonia.com/hiby-wh2-review/

IMG_20210614_185728.jpg

Jun 15, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #34,300 of 62,401
Anyone else thinks that the BSB (beats studio buds) look kinda cheap? Especially that weird shade of red?
but I dig the small form factor and when I get a chance I’d love to try. And I really hope for more colors down there line.

Jun 15, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #34,304 of 62,401
The 2BA looks nice. I considered it but am passing. I hate Kickstarter and why are these not releasing until August (which means August 31st). They’ve been advertising these for over a month. It’s too hard to put money down and wait two to three months. There could be a dozen new models by then. Patience is not my thing.

Jun 15, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #34,305 of 62,401
The 2BA looks nice. I considered it but am passing. I hate Kickstarter and why are these not releasing until August (which means August 31st). They’ve been advertising these for over a month. It’s too hard to put money down and wait two to three months. There could be a dozen new models by then. Patience is not my thing.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I backed a gallium usb-c charger months and months ago and I still haven't gotten it. The email said, "If HiBy WH2: Pioneering True Wireless Earphones with LDAC reaches its funding goal, your card will be charged HK$ 929.00 on July 15, 2021 at 9:03 am."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back